BH BH7 Suspect #2: Water Bubble - Voter Identification & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Captured Above: An average user of Water Bubble in Balanced Hackmons

What?
I am beginning a suspect on Water Bubble, as per the demand for one in a previously conducted vote (link here)

Why?
The sheer power augmentation of Water Bubble seems to put it into the category of the OP of the BH Suspect Thread:
  • "Splashable"ility:
    Can be slapped onto nearly any 'mon, regardless of role, stat spread or moveset .e.g. Shadow Tag and Wonder Guard
  • Extreme Augmentation:
    The capabilities of the 'mon it is on that the set in question are difficult or impossible to check or counter. This implies that the power originates from the ability and that the choice of 'mon, item and even moveset, is irrelevant. e.g. Pure Power, Parental Bond
However, there is some argument about it having limited users, and outright hard counters in Water Abosb et al, though it is true that these can be played around as well with moves such as Core Enforcer. To read more, view the discussion in the Suspects thread.
Though I think it should be pretty evident that Water Bubble is very splashable :^)

How?
It's simple; get 2700 COIL in the BH Suspect ladder; you can vote! Do so by making a new alt with "WB" anywhere in the name of the alt but they must be as one unit. See the following handy example:
jaWBoneHologram ✓
WarBringerHologram X
Note:Just because the COIL is less than the CFZ Suspect, does not make it easier; in fact, this suspect is slightly harder since it may require more games for the same amount of COIL.
Here are the specific technical details for this suspect's COIL if you are interested:
B=11
COIL=2700
GXE Table:
There are some users with frustration on suspects being very long/tedious. To those, I have said that this is how the policy is but I do somewhat understand so I'm trying a new method of getting reqs along with the classic approach for this suspect

• Water Bubble has been part of the ladder since the beginning and it was one of the earliest things to be discussed for ban. People that have been playing since then probably already have had good experience facing/using it. So I'm giving people a few options to achieve reqs with:
    • [OPTION 1] if you have an alt on PS! that matches your Smogon username perfectly and was registered before today, February 12, with rank in the original BH Ladder (i.e. the rank should NOT say "[Gen 7] Balanced Hackmons Suspect Test") that corresponds to the COIL value, you may substitute that alt instead of a new suspect one and vote
    • [OPTION 2] Alternatively, if you have used an alt that has been registered before today and used for a BH smogon tournament or laddering challenge for BH with an smogon post showing that it belongs to you and edited at most before today, February 12 you may use that alt as well for achieving reqs.
    • [OPTION 3] If you cannot do either of the above, for this suspect you must ladder to achieve reqs
Where?
You must post your proof of reqs in this thread and play your games on the main pokemonshowdown.com sim. A new Balanced Hackmons (suspect) ladder shall be created for this suspect.

Do:

• Post your proof and, if you wish, your stance on the matter, in this thread. Read the following CAREFULLY on how to do so:
    • For ALL OPTIONSof proof, you MUST FIRST AND FOREMOST PROVIDE AN IMAGE OF THE ALT WITH PROOF OF OWNERSHIP. I can't stress that last part enough. Refer to these examples of how to do this: example1 example2 example3
      • Last suspect I spent a lot of time reminding people about this so I'm saying it up front now; if you don't do at least the above, your vote won't be counted
    • MENTION WHICH OPTION YOU ARE USING to achieve reqs
    • For OPTION1 and OPTION2, YOU must show
      • proof of ownership via smogon post that matches the above criteria i.e. edited at most before today
      • As stated above, an image of proof of ownership
      • the calculation that your rank does correspond to COIL that achieves Reqs. You can make use of Wofram Alpha or Google Calculator
      • Here is a link where you can just fill the equation in with your GXE and N, where N is number of games (leave x the way it is). Make sure that in your final result it says log base 2 (subscript 2) instead of log 2(x)
      • If this is too complicated, just do OPTION 3
  • Post in this thread if you have any questions about THIS SUSPECT PROCESS
Do NOT:
  • Post your stance on the matter in this thread without proof. (Why? Post in the main suspect thread instead)
  • Post anything in this thread unrelated to this suspect (with or without proof)
When?
This suspect period will last 2 weeks, till February 26th. I will try to begin the voting immediately after confirming some other details on how it will be done.
If you have already achieved reqs via OPTION1 and OPTION2 you may begin posting proof right now.
GLHF!

Last edited:

E4 Flint

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There has been some discussion on Water Bubble being OP only on Kyogre-Primal. While I don't really agree (AshGren, Gyarados and Palkia are all perfectly fine users before even considering non-STAB), I think to effectively prove this, it'd be better if we could complex ban Water Bubble only on Primal Kyogre only for this suspect ladder. The only options in the actual vote will be
  • Ban Water Bubble
  • DNB Water Bubble
Having an option for a full ban on Primal Kyogre begins an entirely different discussion on POgre's effectiveness across its abilities and sets, whether the broken element is from Water Bubble, or Pogre (or both) and some time on the ladder for Primal Ogre to breathe without Water Bubble, so it will not be an option for ban.

However, I am not sure if this is possible so I have made this post so that the OM leaders may clarify what the suspect ladder will be like. I personally think this will be a great way to get an idea of whether the premise that Water Bubble is broken only on POgre is valid or not. If this is not possible, I think it'd be better as before, to allow Water Bubble on the suspect ladder, to get a final taste on how it behaves, especially with the likelihood that it'll be used more during the suspect

The Immortal scpinion

FAQ:
Can I use my alt from the CFZ Suspect for achieving reqs?
No. Those alts will have their ranks reset so I cannot track them.

Can I ladder on my main for Option3?
No. I would prefer that if you do ladder, you do it with an alt with the right naming convention with "WB" as stated in the OP. If you use a different one, it won't be counted.

E4 Flint

[It'd be good to provide a full example of proving reqs and since I already have them I shall just do it.]
Hello, I will be using clchologram and OPTION2 for achieving reqs
Link to Smogon Post
ELO: 1698
GXE: 88.1
#Games: 78
Effective COIL: 3196 (Proof)
[If I wanted to share my full opinion briefly I would write it here]
[if your posts do not contain at least the information above in an easily accessible way, I won't count it as proof of reqs, simple as]

Option 1
"Alt": Quantum tesseract
GXE: 81.9
# Games: 53
COIL: 2837 (https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+53+=+11/log2(40*81.9/x))
upload_2017-2-12_17-35-57.png

[It'd be good to provide a full example of proving reqs and since I already have them I shall just do it.]
Hello, I will be using clchologram and OPTION2 for achieving reqs
Link to Smogon Post
ELO: 1698
GXE: 88.1
#Games: 78
Effective COIL: 3196 (Proof)
[If I wanted to share my full opinion briefly I would write it here]
[if your posts do not contain at least the information above in an easily accessible way, I won't count it as proof of reqs, simple as]
>Implying E4 Flint uses fire types

Reactions: Ren

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Option 1
Alt: LaxLapras
ELO: 1576
GXE: 79.4
# Games: 159
Effective COIL: 3027

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Option 1
Alt: Funbot28
ELO: 1658
GXE: 81.1
# Games: 482 lol im addicted ;)
Effective COIL: 3193

Proof:
WB BH reqs.JPG

Will probs still play ladder to see if maybe Pogre is the main problem (which i doubt)

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hello everyone!
note the consecutive W and B

Shoutouts to the person who made this awesome Cryogonal picture to keep me motivated

and to (most of) the people whom I met on the ladder. Getting reqs was definitely a relatively painless experience.

This marks the retirement of my Xurkitree + Kyurem-B team as I attempt to make a new one. Overall, the team performed pretty well despite lacking counters to prominent threats like Primal Groudon. Thanks to everyone who helped me with it!
Xurkitree @ Choice Specs
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Earth Power
- Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Beam

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Bone Rush
- Bolt Strike
- Knock Off

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Heal Order

FREE FROM BLACKLIST (Golisopod) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn
- Liquidation

Drifblim @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- U-turn
- Metal Burst
- Moongeist Beam
- Recover

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Final Gambit
- Recover
- Roar

and here's a replay.

Let's get this ability out of the metagame!

https://gyazo.com/2c26cca552eb1fda1e859d84c1a38de2

Option 1:
"Alt": Zephyr Dragon Lord
Elo: 1499
GXE: 77.0
Number of games: 91
COIL: 2832.45
Proof: solve 78 = 11/log2(40*88.1/x) --> 91= 11/Log2(40 x 77/x) --> x = 1540 x 2^80/91 = 2832.45
(Link in case you can't follow math equations:https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=solve+91+=+11/log2(40*77.0/x))
(I was going to be all cool and use my calculator, but... I can't figure out entering the Log2 part... it's been a while.)

Why did you all have to bring the Water Bubble to earth, people? Let's send it back to... you know, the water. Or space. Space seems pretty good. I also heard abstract town needed a spare water bubble. Why don't we give them ours?

...I'll post my non-joke reasoning when it's time to really take to the showdown.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Option 3:
Alt: Snowball Fights
ELO: 1430
GXE: 74.3
Games: 83
COIL: 2711

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Dragon Tail
- King's Shield

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- King's Shield
- Dragon Tail

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Trick
- Spiky Shield
- Dragon Tail

Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Roar
- King's Shield
- Thief

johnny (Groudon-Primal) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Assist
- Circle Throw
- King's Shield
- Thief

fred (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Whirlwind
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield

I'm currently undecided as to whether to ban Water Bubble or not, but this suspect has reaffirmed my belief that Razzle Dazzle and Assist are both broken in BH and both deserve to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)