Inactive Bracket Maker

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I made a bracket maker to be used for live Smogon Tournaments that can also be used to create pairings for the regular tournaments. It automates a lot of the processes that the host previously had to do, including correctly sizing the tournament for either a round robin or a regular final, truncating the player list on either a first come first serve basis or using the 5/8ths rule, tagging players, handling incomplete matches from the previous round, and substitutions. It takes all the pairings and exports them in a format that the forums can recognize so that they can quickly be added to the thread.

The program can be found here.

Let me know if you find any bugs, or if their are any more features you think should be added.

The next step is going to be linking all the created tournaments to an sql database to make sure nothing funky is happening on the hosts end.

Last edited:
Not really a bug, but funny. If you have a winner and click on "Make New Round", you can do something like that:

Round 4

@westase vs. @Bye1
Round 5

@Bye1 vs. @Bye1
Round 6

@Bye1 vs. @Bye1
Round 7

@Bye1 vs. @Bye1
Round 8

@Bye1 vs. @Bye1

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ifm, it doesn't correctly size the tournament if the tournament is too small. I know tournaments of like 16 people aren't your main concern, but I put in 17 players and it gave me 9 pairs with a bye, not 8 pairs with a sub.

Minitours are sometimes that small, so I'd make sure it handles all small bracket sizes too.

No characters I tried to put in broke it, and (once the tour is big enough) it correctly sized and subbed according to the rules. So that all checks out.

The one thing that looks really fishy still is if a match still needs completing from 2 rounds ago. That can't be updated correctly in this bracket maker. I think I've seen this happen before for smog tours in stall v stall matches if no TD is around to enforce rematches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)