Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason all of a sudden when I try to use an attack I keep getting a message saying your battle has crashed. which is weird because it never happened to me before and I wanted to bring it to your attention.

For some reason all of a sudden when I try to use an attack I keep getting a message saying your battle has crashed. which is weird because it never happened to me before and I wanted to bring it to your attention.
My fault I'm afraid; I was fixing Beat Up to work properly in Gen 7 battles without realising that Gen 2 is a special snowflake when it comes to damage calculation. It should be fixed now.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
https://imgur.com/a/09s81

Two of my Pokemon showed up as "not revealed" in this battle, even though I obviously knew what they were. There was nothing special that I can tell about them: No switches or anything. (replay)

This has happened several times to me and apparently to other people as well.

Rabia

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
GP & NU Leader
Will try to get proof of this if necessary, but if an opponent leads a Zoroark disguised as whatever the fuck, and then they switch to the mon Zoroark was disguised as, the list of Pokemon shown under the player's name duplicates the Pokemon that was disguised. This happened literally on the first two turns of the battle, so I am not sure of the implications of what happens later in the battle to the visual there lol.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-641141379
Somehow, the opposing imposter, which copied my min speed (0- EVs, 0 IVs) tina, was faster than my chansey with 252/31 speed investment. I checked my team and I didn't change tina's or Chansey's set while starting the battle, so it must be a bug.
Don't think this is a bug, actually. Imposter Ditto is almost ubiquitously ran with a choice scarf, so it's normal for Imposter Ditto to outspeed anything that hasn't popped Unburden.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Don't think this is a bug, actually. Imposter Ditto is almost ubiquitously ran with a choice scarf, so it's normal for Imposter Ditto to outspeed anything that hasn't popped Unburden.
It's Balanced Hackmons, Imposter Chansey almost always runs Eviolite since it works even after Imposter activates.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Somehow, the opposing imposter, which copied my min speed (0- EVs, 0 IVs) tina, was faster than my chansey with 252/31 speed investment. I checked my team and I didn't change tina's or Chansey's set while starting the battle, so it must be a bug.
correct, assuming this is scarf:

It's Balanced Hackmons, Imposter Chansey almost always runs Eviolite since it works even after Imposter activates.
it's not eviolite. I did a calc. Diancie's Boomburst, which I assume is Pixilate, did 37% to the Chansey that transformed to a mega diancie. If it was eviolite, it'd do around 23-28%. It can't be eviolite, so it has to be scarf

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Its not actually true, though. Choice scarf chansey is both viable and common, so thats peobably what it was.

E: Psuedo Ninjad
Well in this case, it wasn't choice scarf at least, because their Chansey that was transforming as Giratina could switch between moves without being under the effect of Magic Room or such.

What move did you try to use as Chansey on turn 34? Did you make sure it wasn't a move with Negative priority?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
it's not eviolite. I did a calc. Diancie's Boomburst, which I assume is Pixilate, did 37% to the Chansey that transformed to a mega diancie. If it was eviolite, it'd do around 23-28%. It can't be eviolite, so it has to be scarf
It switched moves between turn 34 and 35, it cannot be scarf.

Also, for the Boomburst, I assume you meant on turn 30 right?

Big Boo, come back!

Go! Bob-omb Buddy (Chansey)!
[Bob-omb Buddy's Imposter!]
Bob-omb Buddy transformed into Diancie-Mega!

The opposing OOGH used Boomburst!
Bob-omb Buddy lost 38.4% of its health!
The opposing OOGH lost some of its HP!
First, that's the wrong Chansey. Also, Semako's definitely was Eviolite.

0 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Base 110 SpDef Eviolite Chansey: 242-286 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 255-302 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Both are within the range of the calc. Not sure how you ended up with a 23-28% calc though, did you make sure to alter the SpDef stat since that'd be copied straight from Diancie?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It switched moves between turn 34 and 35, it cannot be scarf.

Also, for the Boomburst, I assume you meant on turn 30 right?

First, that's the wrong Chansey. Also, Semako's definitely was Eviolite.

0 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0- SpD Base 110 SpDef Eviolite Chansey: 242-286 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pixilate Diancie-Mega Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 255-302 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Both are within the range of the calc. Not sure how you ended up with a 23-28% calc though, did you make sure to alter the SpDef stat since that'd be copied straight from Diancie?
I calced diancie vs diancie and changed the hp stat to 250. I didn't account for life orb though, oops.

First off, what move did you use? If it was whirlwind, then the -6 priority would answer that, although based on the HP I would also have assumed recovery.
The next question is, are you sure those were the sets. I tested, and was unable to recreate the anomoly with the same conditions. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-641402171. Are you sure the spreads are exactly that? The three most obvious failure modes seem to be chansey nature, which showdown will sometimes automatically set to -spa, giratinas nature, if you have only a -spe and no + stat, or giratina’s IVs not being lowered, as that requires an extra step. Unless the bug doesn’t always work for some reason, the only other solution I can think of is that this is a repeat of your aaa Kommo-o incident where the claimed set wasnt actually what was used.

I used Softboiled with Chansey, so no negative priority.
Giratina has a Sassy nature, which is showk correctly in the teambuilder (+ SpD, -Spe), and minimum speed, Chansey has neutral-natured 252 speed (Bold nature).

John4445

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'd like to report an Arceus bug, example: Ghost Arceus was immune to ghost attacks, please help fix this bug, thanks.

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi, I'd like to report an Arceus bug, example: Ghost Arceus was immune to ghost attacks, please help fix this bug, thanks.
What was the metagame? If it was BH, any Arceus forme can hold any item and have any ability and still appear as that forme but be Normal-type. For example

Arceus-Ghost @ Insect Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Fell Stinger

That set would give the user an Arceus-Bug that appeared as an Arceus-Ghost.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
What was the metagame? If it was BH, any Arceus forme can hold any item and have any ability and still appear as that forme but be Normal-type. For example

Arceus-Ghost @ Insect Plate
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Brave Nature
- Fell Stinger

That set would give the user an Arceus-Bug that appeared as an Arceus-Ghost.
That Arceus would be Normal typed because it does not have the ability Multitype, but would appear as an Arceus-Ghost. If it had Multitype then what Kris said would be correct.

Using firefox as a browser on OSX, only the first Pokémon used in battle that has a Z move is capable of using it. All others aren't given the option, even when the hover-over quick info lists out their Z move item. I don't know if this is a firefox issue, or an OSX issue though.

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
When I faced it, it was displayed with The opposing Porygon2 surrounds itself with psychic terrain!.
This is no bug, Porygon2 has Trace which allows it to copy one of it's opponents' ability. Telling what exactly happened would of course be easier if you provided a replay.

I'm not sure if it's just me or not, but for a while, I've been having a UI (User Interface) issue where any PMs I get won't show up in chat rooms. I have enabled "Show PMs in chat rooms" option in the settings, both disabled and enabled it to try to reset it, but to no avail. Any tips/advice? Thank you!

PM Bug .jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)