Monotype Bulky Offense Fairy

Hello, haven't done an RMT for a while, so here is my fairy monotype team I am having success with.

Top tier (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Clefable is my stealth rock setter, rocks are really important as they are really effective versus fire, ice, flying, and bug teams. Moonblast is the only stab move she needs, it does alright damage and has good coverage on its own. Soft boiled is to make sure she stays healthy and thunder wave to provide some paralysis support. Magic guard allows her to not take hazard or residual damage, allowing her to stay longer. The ev's and nature maximize mixed bulk while providing emphasis on special bulk.

Clockwork (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch

Magearna is my poison immunity as well as my special sponge. Since it is top tier in the standard ou meta, it should definitely be a strong choice on fairy and steel teams. With assault vest, its spdef is really high and can pivot into most neutral and resisted attacks. Fleur cannon is its hardest hitting stab move, while flash cannon is reliable and provides secondary stab coverage. Aura sphere hits steel types that trouble this team and volt switch allows magearna to gain momentum. Max special attack evs with modest allows it to as much damage as possible while max hp makes it tank hits very well.

Atlantic (Primarina) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Primarina is my wallbreaker as well as provides a neutrality to steel. With choice specs and max invested special attack, hydro pump hits very hard, especially when boosted by torrent. In fact, it has a chance to 2hko chansey after stealth rock. Moonblast is a secondary stab move that hits dragons super effectively as well as hit water and grass types hard. Ice beam provides a harder hit on grass types, especially those that resist fairy. Psychic is used to hit mega venusaur and toxapex really hard. 164 speed evs is to outspeed uninvested mega venu and other base 80s. The other 92 evs are put into hp to compliment her natural special bulk.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Torrent Primarina Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 276-325 (39.2 - 46.2%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Misty (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Tapu fini is my physical wall as well as my hazard remover. With max investment in physical bulk, it can take many physical attacks that trouble this team. Leftovers allows it some recovery. Scald and moonblast are stab moves to make sure it isn't passive. Defog removes hazards, while taunt prevents them from being set up. I could consider nature's madness over moonblast to do more damage to walls.

Fake (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Mimikyu is my sweeper as well as one time wallbreaker. Swords dance allows it to boost up on enemies that don't do much and threaten a sweep. Disguise helps this by providing him a free turn. Max speed and attack investment with jolly nature maximizes its sweeping potential. Shadow claw and play rough are its stab moves that have almost perfect neutral coverage together, with the exception of the extremely rare pyroar. Shadow sneak allows it to revenge kill low enemies as well as deal with faster threats. Ghostium Z allows a 1 time use 140 bp stab ghost move, heavily damaging steel types at +2.

Casella (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

Gardevoir is my choice scarf user. Psyshock is chosen over psychic as it hits the defense stat, seeing as my team has 5 special attackers and only 1 physical attacker. Moonblast is its hardest hitting move and provides super effective coverage on dark types that are immune to psyshock. Trick allows her to cripple a wall by locking it into 1 move. Healing wish is used when she is low to restore an ally. I am thinking of replacing this with another attacking move like thunderbolt or focus blast. Max special attack and max speed investment with a timid nature gives the most efficient revenge killing. Trace is used as her ability to copy rain sweeper abilities to revenge kill them.

So that's my fairy monotype team. Obviously it has a big weakness to steel and poison teams, although gardevoir can do well against the latter, while steel teams can be managed by magearna and primarina. Since this team is very heavy on special attackers, special walls like chansey and p2 are very difficult to break.

Top tier (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Clockwork (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Volt Switch

Atlantic (Primarina) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Misty (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Fake (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Casella (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Healing Wish

Your Fairy team looks pretty good, but it appears to be missing some essential Pokemon that would make it a lot better. Here are some of my suggestions:

Replace Gardevoir with Tapu Koko: Fairy teams need Tapu Koko this generation. There's no way around it. Tapu Koko can not only serve as effective speed control, but can also pivot to generate momentum for your team, and check threats like Landorus and Toxapex. Gardevoir, even with a Choice Scarf, sadly fails to do a lot in the Poison matchup due to Alolan Muk easily switching in and Pursuit trapping it, as well as Choice Scarf Gengar and Nihilego outspeeding and removing it without much issue. Tapu Koko, while it doesn't particularly aid in this matchup immensely, will still be incredibly effective in a wider range of matchups. If you need a suggestion for a set, you could try this one:

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs / Life Orb / Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot / U-turn

This Tapu Koko set can give you a powerful special wallbreaker as well as fast pivoter. Choice Specs, Life Orb, and Magnet are all great item choices for Tapu Koko, and all of them can work nicely depending on what your team would prefer. Hidden Power Ice and Hidden Power Fire have separate uses, with Hidden Power Ice being able to hit Landorus and Gliscor, while Hidden Power Fire gives you another Mega Scizor check, while also being able to hit Ferrothorn and Excadrill. Grass Knot can be used to catch Pokemon like Swampert and Seismitoad that usually switch into Tapu Koko, but U-turn is another alternative in order to immediately pivot out of those Ground types.

Since Tapu Koko can serve as your special wallbreaker already, Primarina isn't as necessary, which goes into the next suggestion:

Replace Primarina with Tapu Bulu: Tapu Bulu is yet another essential to Fairy teams due to being an amazing physical wallbreaker that also summons Grassy Terrain to make Magearna and Klefki take less damage from Earthquake. Since your team is lacking some strong physical wallbreakers, Tapu Bulu serves as one of the best options to fill that role. For a potential set, you could go with this:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt

For the item, Choice Band is a great option for some incredible physical wallbreaking. However, a Choice Scarf can also be used to give your team a little extra speed control while also catching Pokemon that usually check Choice Band sets, such as Nidoking, Landorus, and Greninja, off guard by outspeeding and removing them. Wood Hammer and Horn Leech are ran side by side with one being for power, and the other being for some sustain. Stone Edge is great for hitting stuff like Mega Charizard Y, Volcarona, and Mega Pidgeot. But Zen Headbutt also works over it in order to hit Mega Venusaur, but that's almost exclusively ran on Choice Band sets.

Replace Mimikyu with Azumarill: Azumarill is a far more effective Z-Move user and setup sweeper than Mimikyu. It has infinitely more power, and while it has less Speed, it can effectively tear through Steel teams once certain checks are removed. If you need a set, go with this one:

Azumarill @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Normalium Z can make sure that it always guarantees a Belly Drum, which is really nice for dealing with Steel teams. Knock Off works better than Superpower due to being more consistent and still being capable of nailing Ferrothorn.

With a setup sweeper like this, it'll need some nice support. So for the next suggestion:

Replace Tapu Fini with Klefki: Klefki is undisputedly Fairy's best support Pokemon, and for good reason. With Prankster, it can easily set up screens, Spikes, and Thunder Wave, offering safe setup and nice speed control at the same time. Tapu Fini, while it does offer some decent support, doesn't synergize too well with Fairy teams, and Klefki is generally more effective defensive as a secondary Poison immunity, along with its dual screens support. If you need a set, here's one:

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Spikes
- Foul Play / Thunder Wave

With Spikes for hazard stacking, along with dual screens, Azumarill is capable of sweeping really effectively. Thunder Wave is nice for speed control, but since you're bypassing Babiri Berry Clefable, having something else to check Mega Scizor could really be helpful, which is why Foul Play may be more effective.

Some smaller suggestions include running 140 Speed on Magearna to speed creep Mega Venusaur.

I hope these suggestions helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)