RMT Bunny Bird Balance

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon

Bunny Bird Balance

Hey all BP here! I'm back with another CAP RMT. Unfortunately Gen 7 PU isn't out yet so I have to continue to play this metagame in order to bide my time. I haven't laddered much with this team because, well, you know how the CAP ladder goes. This team, from what I've seen, is a pretty solid fun team to use. I hope you enjoy this RMT!

So first I started off with Mega Lopunny and Scarf Garchomp. I knew i wanted some kind of Balance build with these two Pokemon. I knew it would be difficult considering we have 2 Pokemon built for ruining lives.

Next I decided I would cover hazards right away because I knew that both Lopunny and Garchomp hate the chip damage that results from switching into hazards. I chose Skarmory because it walls both Ice, Dragon, and Psychic which can be problematic for our first 2 Pokemon. Skarmory also provides our team with a strong Physically Defensive wall that can also work as a Phazer.

Mega Lopunny needs Stealth Rocks on the playing field in order for it to more efficiently pick up KOs. This is why making sure I had Stealth Rocks was my next priority. I chose the bulky Pyroak in order to further my teams defensive capabilities by eating up opposing attacks.

My team was quite lacking in the Wall breaker department as of currently so I decided what better Wall breaker then Hoopa-Unbound. That's literally all I could think of there. There wasn't really any real thought I put into it.

Lastly it was quite obvious that my team was not able to deal with opposing Steel types all that well. Also I seemed to have trouble with Ground types and such. I searched the team builder until i stumbled upon Togekiss. Togekiss has acess to some Fire moves which allows it to take down Steel types.

Thumper (Lopunny) (F) @

Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

High Jump Kick

Return

Fake Out

Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny has access to not only a fantastic Speed tier but also a base Attack stat of 136 it is easily one of the best mega Pokemon we have access to right now. Mega Lopunny is able to effectively pressure a lot of prominent OU and CAP threats due to most of them all being Offensive Pokemon. Scrappy is probably one of the best abilities Mega Lopunny could ask for as it allows it to hit opposing Ghost types without any draw backs. Mega Sableye even gets OHKO'd by High Jump Kick. Mega Lopunny is truly a fantastic Pokemon to have on your side of the field. Due to hazards however and Lopunny's rather frail frame it becomes harder and harder to preserve Lopunny for the end game.

Kane (Garchomp) (M) @

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Earthquake

Outrage

Stone Edge

Dragon Claw

Thanks to Garchomp's fantastic stat distribution it makes for a fantastic revenge killer or lead. Not only this but all in all Choice Scarf Garchomp is just a fun Pokemon to use. It is extremely versatile and can check a large multitude of team threats. Garchomp can unfortunately fall prey to Ice Shard users and many Physically Defensive Pokemon. Garchomp all in all is just a fantastic Pokemon that is able to take down a lot of Pokemon with or without chip damage.

Valor (Skarmory) (M) @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature

Roost

Defog

Whirlwind

Brave Bird

Skarmory adds more than its fair share of support to this team. It acts as not only a hazard remover but also a phazer as well with its access to Whirlwind and Defog. Skarmory can also be brought into physical attackers in order to wall a move or 2. There isn't much else left to say about everyone's favorite Steel type bird. Skarmory is just a fantastic Pokemon to have on the team in order to defend against hard hitting Pokemon. It is essential that Skarmory does its job and then some in order for the other members of the team to help accomplish the teams goal.

Gaia (Pyroak) (F) @

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

Synthesis

Giga Drain

Lava Plume

Stealth Rock

Pyroak is easily one of the best CAP Pokemon this generation due to its ability to completely wall a majority of the OU tier. It makes for a perfect Rocker with easy quick and easy recovery. Pyroak is incredibly splashable on most Balance or Defensively oriented teams. It just makes for a terrific wall and can work extremely well with a lot of different Pokemon. It makes a fantastic Pivot that can Burn opposing physical attackers with Lava Plume.

Ares (Hoopa-Unbound) @

Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

Focus Blast

Dark Pulse

Gunk Shot

Psyshock

Hoopa-Unbound is one of the strongest wall breakers in the tier thanks to its incredible offensive stats. Not only is it a great Wall breaker but it also has access to a good amount of coverage moves. It is able to successfully threaten a majority of the Pokemon in the tier. Z Focus Blast can damage Colossoil and many other threats. Hoopa-Unbound puts in a ton of work against defensive Pokemon hence its purpose which is wall breaking.

Harmony (Togekiss) (F) @

Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Air Slash

Nasty Plot

Roost

Flamethrower

Togekiss is probably the best fit for what I was looking for in my team. It is able to hax a ton of people with the Air Slash Serene Grace combo. It surprises Steel type switch ins with Flamethrower. Not only this but it also works as a fantastic stall breaker because of its access to Nasty Plot and Roost. Due to its weakness to Steel, Ice, Rock, Poison, and Electric types it is easily KOd. Keeping Togekiss healthy until its no longer needed is always a must.

Threat List

Mega Medicham is one of the scariest Mega Pokemon in the the CAP metagame at this time. It is one hell of a wallbreaker as it 2HKOs Pyroak and Skarmory leaving all my walls dead. When I deal with Mega Medicham I have to rely on chip damage and Lopunny to hopefully KO.

Mega Pinsir has so many opportunities to set up within a game that it makes it hard to stop this Pokemon. I rely chip damage from rocks and Fake Out from Mega Lopunny. Ultimately Scarf Garchomp is usually whats required to take out Mega Pinsir.

Cyclohm unfortunately walls my whole team which is extremely unfortunate. The only Pokemon that has a shot at killing Cyclohm is Hoopa-Unbound which can just barely pick up the 2HKO with Dark Pulse.

Gengar, no matter what set is an awfully big threat if Garchomp can't revenge kill it. Due to its many viable sets it is much easier to scout the opposing Gengar before trying to make any plays on it. Gengar is just a huge threat that should not be taken lightly.

My bois @Fratty, Drapionswing, and cbrevan for making CAP at little memey.

My PU squad PokemonmasterTj, Lord Sample Team, Chrisloud1, and Akir for making PU a blast.

aim and blunder for helping me become a better player and providing me with quality content.

Last edited:

Bunny Bird Balance

Hey all BP here! I'm back with another CAP RMT. Unfortunately Gen 7 PU isn't out yet so I have to continue to play this metagame in order to bide my time. I haven't laddered much with this team because, well, you know how the CAP ladder goes. This team, from what I've seen, is a pretty solid fun team to use. I hope you enjoy this RMT!

So first I started off with Mega Lopunny and Scarf Garchomp. I knew i wanted some kind of Balance build with these two Pokemon. I knew it would be difficult considering we have 2 Pokemon built for ruining lives.

Next I decided I would cover hazards right away because I knew that both Lopunny and Garchomp hate the chip damage that results from switching into hazards. I chose Skarmory because it walls both Ice, Dragon, and Psychic which can be problematic for our first 2 Pokemon. Skarmory also provides our team with a strong Physically Defensive wall that can also work as a Phazer.

Mega Lopunny needs Stealth Rocks on the playing field in order for it to more efficiently pick up KOs. This is why making sure I had Stealth Rocks was my next priority. I chose the bulky Pyroak in order to further my teams defensive capabilities by eating up opposing attacks.

My team was quite lacking in the Wall breaker department as of currently so I decided what better Wall breaker then Hoopa-Unbound. That's literally all I could think of there. There wasn't really any real thought I put into it.

Lastly it was quite obvious that my team was not able to deal with opposing Steel types all that well. Also I seemed to have trouble with Ground types and such. I searched the team builder until i stumbled upon Togekiss. Togekiss has acess to some Fire moves which allows it to take down Steel types.

Thumper (Lopunny) (F) @

Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

High Jump Kick

Return

Fake Out

Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny has access to not only a fantastic Speed tier but also a base Attack stat of 136 it is easily one of the best mega Pokemon we have access to right now. Mega Lopunny is able to effectively pressure a lot of prominent OU and CAP threats due to most of them all being Offensive Pokemon. Scrappy is probably one of the best abilities Mega Lopunny could ask for as it allows it to hit opposing Ghost types without any draw backs. Mega Sableye even gets OHKO'd by High Jump Kick. Mega Lopunny is truly a fantastic Pokemon to have on your side of the field. Due to hazards however and Lopunny's rather frail frame it becomes harder and harder to preserve Lopunny for the end game.

Kane (Garchomp) (M) @

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

Earthquake

Outrage

Stone Edge

Dragon Claw

Thanks to Garchomp's fantastic stat distribution it makes for a fantastic revenge killer or lead. Not only this but all in all Choice Scarf Garchomp is just a fun Pokemon to use. It is extremely versatile and can check a large multitude of team threats. Garchomp can unfortunately fall prey to Ice Shard users and many Physically Defensive Pokemon. Garchomp all in all is just a fantastic Pokemon that is able to take down a lot of Pokemon with or without chip damage.

Valor (Skarmory) (M) @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature

Roost

Defog

Whirlwind

Brave Bird

Skarmory adds more than its fair share of support to this team. It acts as not only a hazard remover but also a phazer as well with its access to Whirlwind and Defog. Skarmory can also be brought into physical attackers in order to wall a move or 2. There isn't much else left to say about everyone's favorite Steel type bird. Skarmory is just a fantastic Pokemon to have on the team in order to defend against hard hitting Pokemon. It is essential that Skarmory does its job and then some in order for the other members of the team to help accomplish the teams goal.

Gaia (Pyroak) (F) @

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature

Synthesis

Giga Drain

Lava Plume

Stealth Rock

Pyroak is easily one of the best CAP Pokemon this generation due to its ability to completely wall a majority of the OU tier. It makes for a perfect Rocker with easy quick and easy recovery. Pyroak is incredibly splashable on most Balance or Defensively oriented teams. It just makes for a terrific wall and can work extremely well with a lot of different Pokemon. It makes a fantastic Pivot that can Burn opposing physical attackers with Lava Plume.

Ares (Hoopa-Unbound) @

Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature

Focus Blast

Dark Pulse

Gunk Shot

Psyshock

Hoopa-Unbound is one of the strongest wall breakers in the tier thanks to its incredible offensive stats. Not only is it a great Wall breaker but it also has access to a good amount of coverage moves. It is able to successfully threaten a majority of the Pokemon in the tier. Z Focus Blast can damage Colossoil and many other threats. Hoopa-Unbound puts in a ton of work against defensive Pokemon hence its purpose which is wall breaking.

Harmony (Togekiss) (F) @

Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

Air Slash

Nasty Plot

Roost

Flamethrower

Togekiss is probably the best fit for what I was looking for in my team. It is able to hax a ton of people with the Air Slash Serene Grace combo. It surprises Steel type switch ins with Flamethrower. Not only this but it also works as a fantastic stall breaker because of its access to Nasty Plot and Roost. Due to its weakness to Steel, Ice, Rock, Poison, and Electric types it is easily KOd. Keeping Togekiss healthy until its no longer needed is always a must.

Threat List

Mega Medicham is one of the scariest Mega Pokemon in the the CAP metagame at this time. It is one hell of a wallbreaker as it 2HKOs Pyroak and Skarmory leaving all my walls dead. When I deal with Mega Medicham I have to rely on chip damage and Lopunny to hopefully KO.

Mega Pinsir has so many opportunities to set up within a game that it makes it hard to stop this Pokemon. I rely chip damage from rocks and Fake Out from Mega Lopunny. Ultimately Scarf Garchomp is usually whats required to take out Mega Pinsir.

Cyclohm unfortunately walls my whole team which is extremely unfortunate. The only Pokemon that has a shot at killing Cyclohm is Hoopa-Unbound which can just barely pick up the 2HKO with Dark Pulse.

Gengar, no matter what set is an awfully big threat if Garchomp can't revenge kill it. Due to its many viable sets it is much easier to scout the opposing Gengar before trying to make any plays on it. Gengar is just a huge threat that should not be taken lightly.

My bois @Fratty, Drapionswing, and cbrevan for making CAP at little memey.

My PU squad PokemonmasterTj, Lord Sample Team, Chrisloud1, and Akir for making PU a blast.

aim and blunder for helping me become a better player and providing me with quality content.
I think a really important change I that scarf chomp should carry rock slide and not stone edge so you can land more easily on volcarono. Missing a stone edge can the thing that cost u the game vs vocations. I also noticed you have no ice resists so a tg syclant can be problematic. You also have no water resists so ash gren and volkraken will also be big problems. To add a water/ice resist , a protean gren over hoopa-u might be nicer.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think a really important change I that scarf chomp should carry rock slide and not stone edge so you can land more easily on volcarono. Missing a stone edge can the thing that cost u the game vs vocations. I also noticed you have no ice resists so a tg syclant can be problematic. You also have no water resists so ash gren and volkraken will also be big problems. To add a water/ice resist , a protean gren over hoopa-u might be nicer.
Rock Slide doesnt beat Chariti Vol, so it gets up another QD, and still wins the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)