Metagame Camomons

For Pex, Water/Poison already is a pretty good typing, so you don't need to change it. It also allows Pex to absorb Toxic Spikes, which can be a huge advantage in hazard stack battles.
If you want it to check Zygarde and other ground-types, Water/Bug (with Infestation) is another option, but you give up a moveslot, as Infestation is not really useful compared to its other options.
Since USUM gave it Knock Off, it can now also mimic Alolan Muk's Dark/Poison typing to become a check to most psychic types while still being able to absorb Toxic Spikes.

Oh, and I would really appreciate a Kyurem-Black/Kartana suspect.
For stall teams, after a Kyurem-B ban, the regular Kyurem with Flying/Steel might be an alternative with slightly less offensive presence but similar bulk.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Same happens eith Ash-Greninja, which is less of an issue since its actual type is revealed while it is in standard forme.

Minior's type doesn't show on switch-in, it is a ground/fairy but since I don't have hazards the type doesn't show (apparently that's how it works currently).
I haven't looked at the replay but I'm assuming the problem is down to Shields Down. The client assumes that whenever a Pokémon undergoes a forme change then its type resets to default, which is what happens in normal play. Although there is code to tell the client to show the correct type, this is then lost when Shields Down deactivates. Mega Evolution is a special case because special code was added to the server so that the type could be re-restablished.

Sorry for the late update but as you may have discovered, Camomons follows OU's banlist and as such Naganadel is banned in Camomons also. Needless to say it's also obscenely overwhelming in this meta with many viable types all capable of holding their own against most, if not all playstyles. RIP UB Adhesive!

Credit to whichever garbage YTer concocted this nonsense

Is a Goodra with Aqua Tail/Muddy Water+Earthquake + 2 filler viable? Water/Ground with Sap Sipper has no weaknesses and 2 immunities, and Goodra has good natural bulk. It lacks recovery outside of RestTalk or Leftovers though...

Some possible usage for this type: it checks or even outright counters most Grass/Fire Volcarona sets, since its naturally high special bulk allows it to tank even a Z-Psychic if needed. Meanwhile, it can Toxic it or hit it with Aqua Tail (Muddy water doesn't deal as much thanks to QD's SpDef boosts), or hit it with SE coverage like Sludge Wave or Rock Slide.

Grass/Steel Heatran also has a tough time against this set, and the memey Steel/Bug versions don't fare well either. However, Goodra struggles to do much against them too and will likely lose 1v1 anyway.

Last edited:
Is a Goodra with Aqua Tail/Muddy Water+Earthquake + 2 filler viable? Water/Ground with Sap Sipper has no weaknesses and 2 immunities, and Goodra has good natural bulk. It lacks recovery outside of RestTalk or Leftovers though...

Some possible usage for this type: it checks or even outright counters most Grass/Fire Volcarona sets, since its naturally high special bulk allows it to tank even a Z-Psychic if needed. Meanwhile, it can Toxic it or hit it with Aqua Tail (Muddy water doesn't deal as much thanks to QD's SpDef boosts), or hit it with SE coverage like Sludge Wave or Rock Slide.

Grass/Steel Heatran also has a tough time against this set, and the memey Steel/Bug versions don't fare well either. However, Goodra struggles to do much against them too and will likely lose 1v1 anyway.
Goodra despite not having any weaknesses due to sap sipper still gets taken out by strong physical attackers. Most of them 2hko it easily or ohko after a boost, mons such as haxorus and m mawile can often due the trick (though I admit that maw already nukes most things in the meta in general)

Goodra despite not having any weaknesses due to sap sipper still gets taken out by strong physical attackers. Most of them 2hko it easily or ohko after a boost, mons such as haxorus and m mawile can often do the trick (though I admit that maw already nukes most things in the meta in general)
I know Goodra's physical bulk is lackluster, but this is meant to be a check to special attackers. Goodra will indeed not be beating any physical threats without help from teammates. Being weak to MMawile doesn't instantly make you unviable since then half of the meta would be unviable.
Only being bulky on one side isn't necessarily bad: Avalugg has immense physical bulk but bad special bulk and still manages to find niches.

I like to use cryogonal+avalug

cryogonal dark poison

avalug steel ghost

both get recover both can spin if they want but don't have to

both can cripple foes (avalugg can if it needs to it can use curse and kill its self and forcing a switch depending on how you play)

Water/Ground doesn't lend itself well to Goodra's skillset (specially bulky tank). You can switch in, but you don't have a ton of resistances (resist Fire and Electric, but you're vulnerable to Ghost, Water, Ice, Dragon...) and your only recovery is Lefties or Rest, and Rest can't be used with Assault Vest.

Avalugg can give itself a very beneficial typing (Steel/Ghost among others) and it carries recovery.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
It is pretty overwhelming to say the least, I mean I am not going to put the usual zekrom argument, but it pretty much excels in everything it wants to do. Hell even due to its pretty impressive natural bulk it takes on plenty of threats even using it's offensive sets like the electric/dragon one. Like the simple set of Outrage/Fusion Bolt/Earth Power/Roost ensures it outlives most of it's defensive checks by the virtue of it's raw power or consistent recovery. Where Earth Power gets you kills on physically defensive walls like avalugg which prefer to have a steel or Poison typing commonly. I guess fairy/electric cress or grass/steel heatran can avoid 2hkoes but like the former can be 2hkoed after a bit of chip even without needing to invest in special attack and the latter doesn't have any recovery.

And this is just one of it's good sets, not to say plenty of it's sets like steel/flying( offensive or defensive) have completely different counter play so you aren't exactly going to be able to prepare for it extensively either while covering all the sets. While there are issues with it being slow, but Kyu-b's job isn't to be a offensive team killer, it rather is being able to wall-breaker. Basically, as far as I think, it's issues don't stem only from it having 170/120 offenses while basically having a defensive backbone along with it, which allows it to come on various stuff instead of hoping to get free switches like other wall-breakers like kartana.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Some nominations for the viability rankings...
Buzzwole UR -> A
[
/
][
/
]

Buzzwole is one of if not the best physical wall in the meta. Bug/Steel gives it the niche of walling all Zygarde and Dragonite that don't bring fire moves, along with taking a huge amount of punishment from any purely physical attacker. I don't believe it can go higher than A due to its horrible frailty on the special side, making surprise mixed attackers deadly and meaning it is a poor option to reliably check threats such as Kyu-B. Last slot can be Earthquake, Ice Punch, or even something like Toxic depending on what exactly you want to hit.

I've seen Electric / Ground Buzzwole but I'm not exactly sure what that does. Check common Kyu-B sets would be my guess, but Earth Power isn't fun.
Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Head
- Lunge / Roost
- Roost / Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Earthquake

Kyurem-Black S -> UR
Lol jk ban this THEN take it off. Kyurem-Black is easily the best Pokemon in the meta, running a number of good sets fitting on every playstyle, and not having consistent counters. I've seen LO, Scarf, Lefties, Band, and Z move and until I've scouted it I usually have no idea what it will be (nb, Steel/Flying usually won't be choiced which is good to know, but I'm sure there are people who would run that)

Tornadus-Therian UR -> A-... or start doing B ranks where it probably fits better (B or B+ or so)
[
/
] [
/
] [
/
] [other things]

Tornadus-Therian has a nice movepool, Regenerator, good speed, and pivoting. It's not the worlds greatest Pokemon; a lot of its strongest moves have bad accuracy and the rest have drawbacks, but it is capable of serving as either a fast offensive mon or a fast utility mon.

That's all for now. Ban Kyu-B before open pl0x!

I found a glitch. Once Mimikyu's disguise was busted, it returned to its original typing.
You can't tell because you weren't hit by a relevant attack, but this is just a visual glitch, and its typing didn't actually change. (When it came back out, your typing was of course shown correctly.)

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 232 Atk / 56 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

This set is by no means new, so why am I posting this, you may ask. Well it's those wacky EVs. They, I believe, are pretty optimal for the current meta for SubDD Zygarde.

188 HP evs gives you 404 HP, which lets you make 101 HP subs and thus not get them broken by Night Shade or Stoss.

56+ Def lets you avoid your sub getting broken by standard Pdef Bug/Steel Buzzwole's STAB moves turning it from a solid counter into setup bait.
4 Atk Buzzwole Iron Head vs. 188 HP / 56+ Def Zygarde: 84-100 (20.7 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

32 speed lets you outspeed 252+ base 110 mons at +1. I'm not positive this is the ideal speed tier, there might be some scarfers it's good to outspeed, or some mons at +0, but above base 110 there's nothing common I can see that you can't just Espeed until you get to stuff like Mega Alakazam and Mega Aerodactyl. In standard Zygarde runs enough evs to outspeed Mega Lopunny at +1 but I don't think that's necessary here because STAB Espeed is only marginally weaker than Thousand Arrows.

The rest of the evs are dumped into attack because hitting hard is nice.

Note that this is just for SubDD Zygarde, which should not be assumed, as Chazm demonstrated today by messing everyone over with band Zygarde when they assumed he would / had to set up.

Last edited:
Kartana & Kyurem-B are banned
Quite late, yes I know but ive been very busy recently. in any case i think its fair to say these two OP menaces have been allowed a little too long. kartana's far too potent offensively and kyurem, of course, discussed a little earlier. so as of now, they're both banned. rip
(i was too lazy to draw kyurem)

Why is this even a ladder? There's no one to play against - finding an opponent takes forever, and more often than not there are 0 Camomons games going on at any given time (I have yet to see more than 2 at a time).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)