SM Ubers Can you help rate my team?

737373elj

Banned deucer.
Hi everyone!
I recently started using the Smogon Forums, and it has been really useful, especially when posting team ideas. Those of you who look at Past-gen OU teams may have seen me. So enough talk, let’s get into it.

Team

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
Did anyone say Arceus-dragon was the best Primal Groudon counter? Yes, Smogon does! So I literally copied and pasted this, but I get the set well enough. Defog reverses everything Smeargle does, Recover literally does what it says, recovers hp, Will-O-Wisp is for status, and Judgement if for killing Groudon. Yeah, an entire slot devoted to killing Groudon is not surprising when Groudon is the most dominant here. Even better, this does support! :)

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Oblivion Wing
This was part of my core team, Mega Mewtwo Y, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Arceus, Xerneas and Yveltal. Yveltal is actually ok at checking Groudon (did I say how dominant Groudon is?). Taunt destroys Smeargle and like, makes it useless. Dark Pulse is for when its tainted and that Lugia is Calm Mind spamming, yeah, not nice, Dark Pulse doesn’t deal much to him, but at least I’m doing something! Sucker Punch literally kills anything weak to Dark and decided to attack anyway. Oblivion Wing is for that Flying-type STAB.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Liquidation
Primal Kyogre is my Primal Groudon switch-in (here again, Primal Groudon check!) Origin Pulse is for that STAB Water-type move, Earthquake when Primal Groudon switches IN on me (it can’t kill me with EQ or Precipice Blades, while an Earthquake from me might). Earthquake also checks Electric-types. Blizzard counters Grass-types and attacks Dragon-types. Liquidation is for lowering the target’s Defences so my attacks can deal more damage.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Solar Beam
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
Primal Groudon. Aaah. The most dominant Pokemon in the game. Obviously I have to have one, right? Precipice Blades is for STAB Ground-type move, Solar Beam is for killing Kyogre when I switch in on it (yes, I follow my counter-strategies), Stone Edge kills Flying-type switch ins like Yveltal and Fire Punch for the other STAB move.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
Xerneas is also pretty common, so what better than the almighty Xerneas counter to counter it? Just to make sure Xerneas dies, I even equipped it with Solganium Z and Sunsteel Strike, and what Xerneas could stand up to a Searing Sunraze Smash? Rock Polish increases its Speed, Swords Dance it’s attack, and Earthquake for a back-up ground attacker.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Toxic
Xerneas, I said it was common, right? Well, a boosted Xerneas, upon using Moonblast, is a right pain in the neck, right? And there are two moves already, Geomancy and Moonblast. Thunder for back-up Kyogre killer (if it doesn’t kill me first) and Toxic for thatstatus condition. Things haven’t changed much with status since ADV right?

Yeah, that’s it, thanks for reading, do give helpful comments, thanks!

Last edited:
That looks like a VERY solid team! Personally, I would have rocks on Groudon somewhere, (probs instead of Stone Edge, as Xerneas and Kyogre can already take out Yveltal) and I prefer Mega Salamence over Dragon Plate Arceus. These are just personal preferences so yeah. Good job on the team! You don't have to make those changes, the team is still amazing without them! Bye!

P.S. if you want a set for Mega Sal then just replay saying so.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hello 737373elj,

I took a look over your team and your team is sadly weak to a lot of stuff - the Movesets on some Mons are rather suboptimal too. I changed the team to a bulky offensive presence, which is able to deal with the majority of the metagame well.

First Member on this Squad is

Mega-Salamence:
Sal_578a6778-4a0e-424b-9ff1-812afa5c3b8d_grande.png
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mega-Salamence acts like an offensive check to Primal-Gorudon, Marshadow and Dusk Mane. This Set helps to offensively check them: Dragon Dance is a supernice Setup Move and you outspeed after a +1
the Majority of the Ubers Metagame, I chose Double-Edge over Return because Double-Edge guarantees you OHKOs and 2HKO whereas return isn't that powerful in this case, Roost is the 3d slot, which allows you to deal well with the Double-Edge recoil dmg.
Last but not least Earthquake. Earthquake allows you to bump through bulky steel types such as Magearna but mostly Dusk Mane, as the latter of those is more common in the Ubers metagame.

Second Member on this Squad:

Yveltal:
250px-Sugimori_717.png
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Yveltals set changed a bunch, since you need a check to some fast(er) threats, as your team has some slight issues with Dusk Mane so far with the combination to Ultra Burst into Ultra-Necrozma. Your team does not have the speed control to handle it and all other
Members on this squad are weak to at least one coverage option of it. Choice Scarf Yveltal deals with this threat pretty well which also gives you some Momentum because
U-Turn is in the last moveslot.
Foul Play and Dark Pulse are its Dark-Type STABs, which get some strength due to its Ability in Dark-Aura. Oblivion Wing is not only its Flying STAB but can act like a semi-recovery option, as it is able to drain out some Health points for your advantage.

Third Member on this Team:

Primal-Groudon:
250px-Sugimori_383a.png
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Pdon is your Stealth Rocker on this team. Due to its good typing it is able to get up Rocks on a lot of mons in the Uber tier. Precipice Blades is its optimal Ground Type STAB, furthermore
Overheat is a nice nuke, as it is a high Base Power Move and STAB as well as getting powered up by the harsh Sunlight caused by Pdons Ability Desolate Land.
Rock Tomb is capable of supporting the team as it has a 100% Chance to drop the Speed from the Opponents Pokèmon by 1 Stage.

Fourth Member here is:

Waterceus:
4505-Arceus-Water.png
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

This Pokémon is your hazard control as your team doesn't want to get whittled down by opposing hazards. Judgement is its Water STAB meanwhile Ice Beam deals with Flying Types, Dragon types and Ground types pretty well.
Ice Beam is pretty much an OHKO on Mega-Salamence and deals a lot of damage to Zygarde Cpmplete. Waterceus is capable of helping this team against Zygarde-Complete as Zygarde 100% can run staus moves and you don't like your
Xerneas being statused by a possible Glare. Recover helps in the long run against Zygarde-Complete and can help Waterceus in general.

Fifth Member on this Squad is:

Xerneas:
187px-Sugimori_716.png
Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Xerneas didn't went through a big change, but the moveset u had is rather suboptimal. First off: Xerneas is a good Dark-type resist and gives you a Dragon immunity. Geomancy and the combination of Moonblast is able to dent holes once you weakened its Checks in
Magearna and Dusk Mane during the process of the battle. I gave Xerneas Grass Knot over Thunder, as GK is able to do more to Primal-Groudon as example than Moonblast does.
Focus Blast helps against Steel types in general as Xerneas has otherwise trouble against them + when they come in on Xerneas you do always more damage on their switchins into your Xerneas with Focus Blast than you do with Moonblast.

Last Member here:

Ferrothorn:
250px-Sugimori_598.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

I've decided to go with that hella bulky Grass/Steel type, this team lacks a bit of switchins to Primal-Kyogre as it has the coverage to either weaken or KO mons on your team. Ferrothorn is the glue to that issue. The SDef allows it to tank any hits a special Primal-Kyogre
can go for, as Thunder is resisted same with Origin Pulse. Ice Beam is neutral to it.
Spikes and Leech Seed is such a nasty and annoying combination and coupled with Primal-Groudons Stealth Rock are a good way of whittling the opponents team down.
Toxic also is a nice move because most of the time Primal groudon comes in to force Ferrothorn out, but you can catch them on their switchins with a nice Toxic.

Importable:
Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Earthquake

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Defog

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/7e4ab7d199c46bb2

I hope you like these changes I made and you understand why I did these changes to your team. Have a nice day! :)​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)