CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 3 (Secondary Typing Poll 2)

What should the Secondary Type be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm a Special Attack using Rock-type would be pretty interesting. Too bad its best move is HP Rock or AncientPower lol. That's why I picked Fighting as a second type....to at least give it some kind of useful options like Aura Sphere etc.
There is Power Gem and Weather Ball. And Weather ball isn't a bad choice since it has with sandstorm 100BP and 10PP.

I voted for Ghost mostly because I knew that Mono rock i going to win. And I liked the idéa of combining "the materia type" and the "anti-materia type".
Other than that I think that ghost as a 2ndtype would not outshine the main type, rock, as all the other would do (*looking at fightings rather good special attacks*)
And I like the idé of a pokemon with Omnious Wind, Ancientpower and Technician. Although they have vary low PP. But then again, we have weather ball as a good move.

Voted No Secondary Typing as I want to see what kind of pure rock type we can create:) Afterall there are already some popular rock types out there in the metagame today, (i.e. Tyranitar).

No Secondary Typing

I want this thing to use its Rock STAB and I'm pretty sure only Bug as a secondary typing would make that still viable, but I'm not a big fan of Bug so I'm not going to vote for it.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Voted NST for reasons stated in this thread and the other. The concept is not "Togekiss counter" and if that's been our priority here the whole time, then I don't even know why Rock was chosen as the type to break the mould in the first place.

I like No Secondary Type. I fully feel that any other type (aside from Bug) would completely overshadow the Rock-type, all considerations of breaking the mold aside. Rock is SE against Flying, Ice, Fire, and Bug, all of which are commonplace in OU (Fire has Infernape, Charizard; Ice has Cloyster and Wealive; Bug has Scizor, Forretress, Ninjask, Yanmega; Flying has too many to mention) so, the special sweeper people assume it will become will not be randomly walled (except against the obvious special-defending behemoth that is Blissey and any outright resists.) And, honestly, who says it can't be a MIXED speedy sweeper and use STAB Stone Edges against Togekiss? Just saying.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To get a little sidetracked, please don't rely on Weather Ball. You won't always have Sandstorm up, so half the time you'll be stuck with a 50 BP Normal move. We can always make a new move thats like Flamethrower, Meteor Mash, or even Fire Blast. Its really not hard at all.

As for the poll, I'll let time run out on this. If RockJustRock can get about 3% in ohhhhhh say an hour and 15 minutes, I won't do a 3rd poll. Deal?

Edit: 2% to go with 46 minutes left.

What tennis is trying to say is that the next 6 people better vote mono-rock, or else this will take a while. VOTE ROCK!!

EDIT- Great, someone didn't vote Rock. Now it needs 7. >_>

Someone voted against mono-Rock. The percentage went down. I guess they didn't read the posts detailing mono-Rock's awesomeness. (XP Kidding.)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd we're done. Sorry people, mono-rock didn't get enough. Third poll coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)