CAP 6 CAP 6 - Policy Committee Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be on the Policy Committee for the upcoming creation project. The Policy Committee performs the following key functions:
  • Selecting a Topic Leader for the CAP Project
  • Creating Policy Review topics
  • Voting in Policy Review polls
See the Process guide sticky for more information about the Policy Committee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts. Do not post support for the candidates, since this is not a public poll. This is not a discussion topic about the Policy Committee. We already did that in an earlier Policy Review thread. If you missed that thread, or didn't understand it -- you have no business in this thread anyway.

Here are the rules for Policy Committee candidacy posting:

• Nominate yourself only. Do not recommend others, or post support for others.

• Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 5). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is preferred. Voting is not "active involvement". Lurking is not "active involvement". You must have a strong track record of making intelligent posts and contributions to the project.

• You must have a clear understanding of the CAP process and rules. If you are not familiar with current policy, you cannot expect to participate in changing it.

• Include a brief summary of your involvement in the CAP project. Include enough summary to remind the moderators of who you are and what you have done here. If you assume the mods are familiar with your work, and they are not -- then it is your fault if you are passed over.

• Make candidacy posts only. A sure-fire way to prove that you do not understand CAP rules, is to go off-topic in this thread.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm going to nominate myself. I think I know the rules and regulations pretty well, seeing as I'm a server mod and an SOP on #cap. I was also fairly active in CAP 5, because I was TL. I've worked on numerous projects within the CAP forum also, including most of the analyses, and I have made a few PR threads dealing with server and forum rules.

I'm going to nominate myself. I know all about the rules and stuff since I've been here since day 1 and invented a few of the processes myself. I usually find myself being a kind of middleman in the debates about the CAP decisions, since I can see both sides view. Yeah, I think thats it.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll nominate myself. I may not post too much on this forum, but I have a lot to say. I've been pretty active, and spend a lot of time on the server. I'm a mod on the Create-A-Pokemon server, and very active in the Smogon Community in general. I am open to have debates, and I feel like I could help this process out if I'm chosen. I'm also hoping to become a lot more active in this forum, and I think this should be a great way for me to help contribute back to the process that I have grown up with.

Nomination time.

I've been participating in CAP for a while, with plenty of submissions (though I've never won anything). I'm a server moderator and spend a lot of time on the server. Nothing else to say I guess.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nominating myself.

I've been contributing in CAP from the middle stage of the Revenankh creation (CAP2) onwards. I posted in most threads for CAP3, CAP4 and CAP5, and also submitted my own ideas in the process.

In the meantime, I made sure that the base stats for the new Pokemon were based on sound concepts of balance, offense, defense, physical and special shifts with my research on Base Stats, which ultimately led to an applet, used for CAP4 and CAP5.

I also moderate this CAP subforum, ensuring that the forum is in relative order.

Sometimes I also produce interesting statistics from those that are extracted by Doug.

I'm positive that you will consider my nomination.

My own nomination.

I have been an active member since the later stages of CAP 3 onwards and have made several submissions to the projects in the past mostly within the spriting threads. I have also participated in a few project review threads since I have always been interested in the CAP regulations and wellbeing but only if i've had something to add. As my participation in the project continued my knowledge of the process has grown and as such i'd like to think my posting ability has increased also. I'd like to be able to have the chance to further any more contributions I can make.

Thanks for reading and no hard feelings if i'm not picked.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
/Self Nominate

Well I have been around since the start and been active throughout every Project bar Fidgit. I am a mod on the server and highly active there, I started the Mini Tournaments and got them off the ground before handing the role of Tournament Director over to Bass. I participate in almost all the PR threads and hope to bring useful ideas to the table.

So.. yea.. that makes me look really big headed...

Edit: Some more things:
I am a VTO, severed on several TL selection panels, suggested the weather test, was involved in the creation of the EVO process and the original CaP process, run the LCF (kinda reliant as the only LC ladder is on the CaP server), and spend a lot of time around pretty much everything related to CaP. So pick me.

I'll nominate myself for the committee.
I've been an active poster in CAP since the end of CAP2, and have contributed consistently during CAP3, CAP4 and CAP5.
I know the rules and try to always abide by them.
I keep abreast of PR threads and contribute where I can.
I play on the Server which gives me an understanding of the CAP metagame.
I try to post helpful, intelligent contributions and believe I have CAP's best interests at heart.
That's all folks.

I would like to nominate myself for the commitee. I am very active on the server, and have been with CAP since the creation of Revenankh. I have a goood understanding of the CAP metagame along with experience, and being on the server often. I have not been as of late, but that is changing since I finished my major projects IRL already. I have also gave advice in the process of CAP and EVO.

Thanks in advance for consideration! ~IcyVegeta

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and nominate myself.

I have always been a fan of the CAP project and when i didn't vote or discuss in the early days, I always watched to see what was happening. I was partially active in the last one, but despite how inactive I might have been, I feel that I know how the CAP works, having voiced an opinion in most of the Policy reviews, as well as voicing (what i believe) were good an rational arguments during the EVO project.

That's all I have to say, I guess. I know I wasn't too active last time, but i feel that i was barely active enough and my reasoning and deabating skills make up for what I don't have.

I'll nominate myself.

Hello, I'm Tsukikage. Many of you know me in the CaP project because I have been involved since the Syclant project. I frequent the Shoddy server whenver I get the chance, and I was on the Topic Leader Selection Panel for EVO1 (which never took flight anyway). Although I feel that I don't have the time necessary to be a proper TL, I feel that I would make a great addition to th Policy Committee because I visit the forum multiple times per day.

Thank you for your consideration.

Why Hello There

Seems weird I guess but I'm nominating myself, I haven't been participating much in review threads and such, because most of what I have to say had already been said, but I've been around since mid-late revenankh, and I've participated in pretty much every aspect of the CAP, I've submitted art for the past two art polls and submitted a sprite for every CAP since (and including) revenankh, I might not be the most knowledgeable about the metagame, but I've been around long enough to know what's going on.

Thanks for reading~

I would like to nominate myself.

I have been involved with the CAP project since Revenankh's implementation and I have remained and active user both in this server and in this subforum ever since. I hold his project in high regard. I have used my extensive knowledge on the metagame to become a successful TO, to post in many PR threads and to also head up an attempt to write a guide to the CAP metagame. I also have served on the TL selection panel for the EVO project.

I feel that I am qualified enough and responsible enough to be a member of the panel but I wish whoever is selected good luck.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nominating myself.

I first found CAP immediately after the introduction of Syclant, and was intrigued by the idea of the project. Upon reading up on the details of the newly-created Pokemon, I decided to check out Doug's server. This project is actually what got me to register on Smogon. I've been active on both the server and this subforum, I've personally tried out every CAPmon and I feel I understand the project and know what's best for it. While I regret not being as active in previous CAPs, I was quite active in CAP 5, made several submissions and helped with the Stratagem analysis.

Thank you for your consideration.

I have been involved with the CAP project since Syclant and i have helped to contribute since Revenankh's, i am quite active on this subforum and even more so on the server. I believe i help to contribute and get my views across in policy review topics, even if not always taking the right approach.

Yea so i would like to continue to contribute to this project, and be given the opportunity to contribute even more.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to nominate myself.

While you probably may not know me that well on the forums, you'd most likely have seen me on Doug's CaP Server. I remember when I first walked into that server when Syclant was just implemented, and I loved the CaP process after that. I have been making teams that have been successful in the CaP metagame, and I'm pretty sure I know what's best for this metagame. I like learning new metagames, and I have actually been helping to shape another metagames as well. (CMS, aka Captain's Modded Server.)

I feel I have what it takes to go in there and say, "Hey, we really need to focus on this more," or just simply point out some flaws in this project. I think I know what's needed to have a successful metagame, so please consider me.

Nominating myself!

Hey, I'm ParadOxymoron. I haven't been here quite as long as some of you, but I've been here for a little while - Since the beginning of Fidgit. I put as much common sense as I can into all of my posts, and I'm not afraid to argue the points I really believe in. If I can work up something that I'm proud of, then I do my best to get it into the polls. Also, I've somehow managed to work up a postcount of almost 300 in only two CAPs, so if anything, my biggest problem is that I talk too long and loudly. x)

So yeah, I'm planning on sticking around, and I'm pretty sure that I've done enough to nominate myself for this panel.

I'll nominate myself

I participated a little in the early CAPs, but this last CAP I think I made a decent effort to participate and contribute. I've posted opinions on a majority of the topics and submitted a couple of things including a movepool and a stat spread. I learned a lot about how CAP works during CAP 5, and I'm beginning to taste the metagame, already having some minor success. I think I can help out some more in CAP 6. Thanks in advance for considering me.

I nominate myself to the committee.

I have participated in CAP since the the first poll of Syclant. I've made many contribution throughout the CAP project via stat spreads and personal opinions. The biggest contribution was being Topic Leader for CAP3 in which the by-product of my participation turned out decently well. I also spent a truckload of time on the server, occasionally battling people from time to time. I have a good understanding of the CAP metagame and I'm planning on sticking around to understand more about it.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have reviewed all the nominations, and spoken to the other forum moderators and we feel that all the nominees are qualified. All of the nominees are very active on the CAP project. Some members are more active on the forum, others are more active on the server. Several members are active on both. I think the nominees represent a nice cross-section of experienced CAP participants.

The only person with a bit of question mark was RB Golbat, since he only recently joined the CAP project during CAP5. But, we felt that RBG has been very active in his time here, and we took special note of the active and intelligent contributions RBG made in the Policy Review threads. He demonstrated a keen understanding of the general project purpose, and took active interest in studying the CAP process and rules, and helped improve them. I felt I should explain this case specifically, since all the other nominees are longtime CAP members and should be quite familiar to everyone.

Congratulations to the CAP 6 Policy Committee!

Atyroki
Beej
Elevator Music
eric the espeon
Gothic Togekiss
Hyra
Icy Vegeta
jagged_angel
latinoheat
Mr_Goodbar
ParadOxymoron
Plus
RB Golbat
SkarmBlissCounter
SoT
tennisace0227
Tsukikage
Wyverii
X-Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)