CAP 6 CAP 6 - Topic Leader Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to the kickoff of CAP 6!

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to be the Topic Leader for the upcoming creation project. Do not suggest other people. If someone doesn't strongly desire to be a Topic Leader without provocation, then we don't need them signing up for the job. Topic Leader is not an honorary title. It requires a lot of work and attention. If you are not prepared to fulfill all the responsibilities, then do not throw your hat in the ring.

Do not post here that you want to be on the Policy Committee. See the CAP Process Guide for more information on the Topic Leader and Policy Commitee.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts, and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic.

Here are the guidelines for posting in this thread:

• Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project (CAP 5). Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.

• Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM.

• If you are new to the CAP project, don't bother signing up to be a Topic Leader. Lurk more.

• Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.

• Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then how can you expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate? Convince us that you are a good choice.

• Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look like an uneducated idiot. It's not a great way to look like a thoughtful, intelligent, community leader.

• Even if you don't think you are better-qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting a candidacy. Candidates not selected as the TL for this project, will be on the "watch list" by the community for next time. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected. Like I said, if you post here, people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely in the future.

• Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.

• Please do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.

If these rules are not followed by all posters, the offenders will be moderated.

Okiedokie.

Hi. I've been involved with CAP since Cooper made the first thread in Stark Mountain, ever since Syclant. I've read and partaken in nearly every thread in this CAP sub-forum. I'm an established member of the community, moderating the Smogon University Shoddy server, the CAP Shoddy server, as well as this CAP sub-forum itself. I'm also a contributor to the site, and I am basically in charge of the news at www.smogon.com, as well as being a being a member of the Smogon Site staff.

thanks,
darkie :toast:

ps: I led the EVO project for 6 days so I have some experience!
pps: I am the king.

I fully support darkie for being Topic Leader for CAP 6. He is highly involved in both the CAP Project and Smogon in its entirety, contibuting much to both, and he is personally one of my favorite users due to his positive attitude amongst other things, which I think is a great quality in any topic leader. Also, because of the fiasco with EVO, I feel he should be the topic leader since we have voted for him once before anyways.

Go darkie go!

I'll try and go for Cap 6.

Well I have been here from the start and voted in as many polls as I could. Not many people actually know me but I think I would be alright at running Cap 6. I don't contribute much to the Policy threads but I do read them.

So, thanks for your time.

Hey everyone, I'm cyberzero.

If you go on the server, you'll know me very well. I've been lurking since the end of CAP 2, Revenankh, and have been participating pretty actively since CAP 3. I can't say that I've done anything epic or revolutionary to help the CAP project, like post a winning concept or submit a sprite, but I do post many opinions and a lot of constructive criticism.

As for qualifications, my resume isn't as sparkling as darkie's, and his are well deserved, but I am the only non-mod/driver who is a Senior TO on the CAP server. I consider myself sociable, intelligent and well-versed in the CAP process as well as a friend and acquaintance to many in the community.

My goal is to help out the community, and this seems like a great way to do it. If I don't win, I'll still be an active contributor to the forum and try to help make this CaP the best one yet. I'm sure that the Policy Commitee will select the best one for the job and that the community will be prized with another great creation at the end of this! Good luck to everyone else!

Having this begin on CAP's first birthday is a sign that this will be our best one yet!

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First off, I'd like to say good luck to all of those who have signed up, and all of those planning on signing up.

Next, I would like to post that both Cyberzero and Darkie would be great choices for a Topic Leader. Darkie has been a great help, both around the server, and on these forums. He's an intelligent poster, and he always puts the good of the CaP process first when it comes to making decisions. Cyberzero, would also be a great choice because he's very active both on the forums and on the server. He's been a regular, and he's always trying to help out the community. He's a kind person, and he's a really cool guy to talk, so if you ever need help, he's a good person to go to.

Again, good luck to everyone who has, and is gonna sign up for the position of being a Topic Leader!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Topic Leader nominations are now closed. A poll for the Policy Committee will be posted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)