CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 6 - Build Bias Poll

What should our Build Bias be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixed Special, because an Electric/Dragon type can hit harder from that angle, and has powerful options for support, like Discharge.

Mixed special definitley seems the best route to go and gives decent options for both stabs. Also, most of the popular dragons are geared to be more physically oriented, so this offers a nice change of pace IMO.

Voted Physical I don't see it being even close to winning but I'm staying honest to my cause, I've argued the merits in the stat spread submission thread and the ability discussion thread.
Edit: I should have gone mixed physical, no big deal.

Special. stop bandwagoning and think about your vote guys. a defensive pokemon (even if it's balanced) has no reason to go mixed. have you seen mixed celebi? how about mixed skarmory? the only exception is swampert who only runs earthquake cause it hits electrics for more than earth power.

and if you are gonna jump on the wagon, pick the good one.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Special. stop bandwagoning and think about your vote guys. a defensive pokemon (even if it's balanced) has no reason to go mixed. have you seen mixed celebi? how about mixed skarmory? the only exception is swampert who only runs earthquake cause it hits electrics for more than earth power.

and if you are gonna jump on the wagon, pick the good one.
It doesn't necessarily mean mixed offenses. I have a spread I'm working on with good Physical Defense/Special attack, which fits mixed.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since we're going for a defensive pokemon, physical is out of the question. Electric-type physical moves are rare and far with few in between, so unless we decided to create a brand new STAB move for this pokemon (probably not) then I don't see the point of anything with a physical bias.

So I went with mixed special, being able to take advantage of, say, Dragon Claw while still firing of Thunderbolts seems like a god send. Also mixed defenses will help greatly

Mixed Special for me. I already know, since doing the calcs for my stat spread submission, that you don't need much at all in the offences to do reasonable damage. With my 80 attack and 85 sp.att you 2 or 3HKO (and sometimes OHKO) most threats that you deal SE damage to without any EV investments. That allows you to focus more on the defences.

Mixed Special. Why? Dragon Dance Suction Cups with initial Special Attack going towards Draco Meteor.

Also Roost. Or maybe just recover.

Definatley Mixed Special, so he'll make use of, possibly, Volt Tackle and Outrage, while going on the special side with Draco Meteor, Thunder [for a rain team supporter (?)], Dragon Pulse, Thunderbolt, and more moves such as Fire Blast or Surf (If his movepool goes that far...).

Mix. Spec., because I don't want it to really be good on either side of the spectrum, but I really don't want it to be a good Outrager.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Mixed Special, because many people want Magic Guard Volt Tackles, Own Tempo Outrages, and such, my choice putting CAP8 in a position similar to Clefable's physical sets and Spinda's Thrash respectively.

(note: comments on the offensive spectrum only)

I accidentally clicked pure special, but I meant Mixed Special
More or less because I don't want it to have great attacker, and I want it's Special attack to be > the physical attack.
I really don't want another Physical dragon

My reasoning is this, I'll just quote my post
Which is why I'm pulling for it to be a Physical Defender and Special Attacker, as opposed to the reverse.

Since this CAP is supposed to be Slightly Defensive, I think it would be better to have higher defenses that attack, but still give it the option of going either way.

And to re-enforce my point, Why do we need yet another physical Attacker in a metagame that's already physically focused? Adding a new special attacker brings diversity to the game.
Not to mention that most of the current physical pokemon don't have a spectacular special defense, meaning that a good special attacker can take them out. If this pokemon can take physical hits, and Use the Special Attack stat well, then this pokemon can do it's job well.

Mixed, possibly Special. Like said before, Dragons should always be able to be mixed, and the way I picture it that it's fairly special.

I voted Mixed Special. As Fuzznip said Draco Meteor and Thunderbolt are great stab moves and this would be able to put a couple of dents in Blissey.

Mixed Physical, give it a new Physical move based on it's electric typing (not limited to Volt Tackle, or Thunder Punch). Perhaps a Zap Cannon physical version, with Compound eyes.

Anyways, Physical would be helpful and do wonders for expanding the Electric type-as a-whole's utility to be a more OU version of Electivire, while also not wasting its Special side if it needs to be special with Draco Meteor... this is important because it can still hit hard with Draco Meteors even with low SpA, so Atk is more needed. An electric defensive type on the physical side wouldn't be so bad either, considering it wont have to be weak to either Stealth Rock, or Pursuit, and wont be too overpowered since its still weak to EQ.

Mixed Special has officially won this poll, by an extremely large amount as well. From this point on, all stat submissions are required to have this Build Bias. This poll is over, thread close please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)