CAP Player Of the Week# 7: Ria

Inspired by threads in OU and other forums, co-hosted by SHSP and Airwind , Banner by Centinela

Hello and welcome to the CAP player of the week! In this project, SHSP and I will interview some of our metagame’s best innovators, builders, and players! This week's interviewee is Ria room moderator and Assistant Manager for ----malacondas

What is your favorite Pokemon, and why?
My main favorite Pokemon is Flareon It was always my favorite as a kid even in RBY With Jolteon a very close second

What is your favorite CAP?

Kitsunoh Because of it's feline appearance And it was the first CAP I left attached to when I started

What is your most used Pokemon?

Ah... that's a hard one I lost all of my old teams But I've been using Fidgit a ton recently

What brought you to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general?

Hm I was on a decently sized forum and every so often we would get info from Smogon I was always afraid of joining Smogon because they had a reputation of being elitist at that time Eventually me and my friends downloaded Shoddy Battle and well, the only "good" server was Doug's Create-A-Pokemon server from there it was history
How were you introduced to the CAP project?

I kinda introduced myself But I did get competitive help from people like Tennisace and Cyberzero And funny users like Magmortified and Captain kept the room funny so I stayed

What is the best part of the creation of a CAPmon in your opinion?

Hmm I like the concept submission parts I think that's the best part

What is your favorite CAP OM? (like cap lc, monotype, doubles)

I've played none of them, so I don't have a favorite

What made you choose your name?

On some forums I pretended to be a girl when I was 12. But even in other places I've kept the name As for why I still have this name When I returned to CAP I used this name again to see if anyone who is in current CAP remembered meBut it's near zero, but it's a little too late to change my name aha

What is your favorite Generation of Pokemon and why?
Gen 4 is where I started competitive so it'll always have a part in me. But my favorite is Gen 2

Thoughts at the beginning of this CAP project?

Not a fan of this concept to be honest, but it's better than the runner-ups. But the project itself is going well :)

Thoughts on CAPTT so far?

It's going well! I gotta say my team has the best name though, the (----)Dashing Malacondas

Is there any advice you would give to newer players in terms of playing and building, competing in tournaments, etc?

I'm not even much of a battler anymore aha... But what I could say is that hax happens to everyone. If you lose a game to it don't let it tilt you

and finally Who are some of your favorite people in the Smogon Community?

snake_rattler for always being there for me to bother with pointless rant Heal is really cool too, although I still think he overestimates my battling ability Drapionswing is my favorite punching bag, but he's someone I enjoy talking to as well Snorlax in the way is my Smash 4 buddy, he gotta work on his R.O.B though and I know I have some others I can't remember at this moment

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)