CAPTT 3 Discussion & Trash Talk Thread

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Can we get some sensible predictions going for semifinals this week? #capttforthebooks
as requested

SM: Detroitlolcat vs Tadasuke: wow, this one I honestly can't call. Tada's had a very impressive showing this CAPTT with a 2-1 record, and that loss came from a very close set against another GOAT great player in offler. DLC also has a 2-1 record, with the one loss being activity against Fratty. Both players look very, very strong and if they prepare well, this'll be the highlight of the week.

SM: Ria vs Frat Dude: Another great game lined up, the battle of the assistant managers. Ria's played very well, with just one loss to Jay and two wins against Gmars and Ming. Fratty dropped his set to Ming week one, but beat Arcade and won (an activity win) against DLC. I feel like it's 60:40 Ria mainly because Fratty hasn't played a CAPTT game since week three, and I'm unsure of how he's adjusted to the new meta changes and kept up with his opponent. Even with some question marks, this game looks to be a nailbiter and a 2-1 either way.

SM: mxmts vs PD: jfc these SM games rock Mx's game this tour was a 2-1 win over everyone's favorite infamous Snorlax_in_the_way, and in that set he looked solid. However, much like Fratty, he hasn't played since, being subbed out in week 5. PD on the other hand has played every Rev's game but one, each in a different tier. He's 3-0 and looking good, and I think it's a 2-1 in his favor.

CapLC- Alice Kazumi vs Jox: Jox has been great this season, with a 3-0 record against a strong line of opponents, including none other than Alice herself. Alice is 1-1 after a mid-season string of starts, but Jox's win in the head to head and his impressive victories gives him the edge in my book.

Doubles: Z strats vs Yellow Paint: Paint's season has been less stellar than expected after his dominating performances in the past CAPTTs, but he's still put together a solid 2-2 scoreline with wins against n10sit and his opponent this round, Z strats. Z has also matched YP in stats, 2-2, but his loss to Paint earlier this year makes me think Paint has a slight edge. Z did knock off AuraRayquaza in week 5, though, and I can see him carrying that momentum to a win here too. Close game and hard to call.

ORAS: TraceofLife vs Rat With Wings: Upset of the week, right here. Historically. RWW has been a CAP all-star, but this tour he has two detriments when looking at this match. For one, he's 1-2, losing the deciding game week one against Snor and then dropping to Kyubics, and for two, both of those games were SM, not ORAS. ToL on the other hand has looked good in his two ORAS games and might just be more familiar with the ORAS metagame in the moment. I wouldn't put it past Rat to pull it out anyway, show he's still great at ORAS and completely prove me wrong, but I truly feel ToL can take it in a close one.

All in all, I've got a 2-3 scoreline with the headlining match of Tada vs DLC being too hard for me to call. Really looking forward to this set, and excited to play whoever meets us in finals!

Off topic- https://goo.gl/forms/9CpW8DrEuhCKFDnf2 fill this out friends, figured I'd make a ballot for All-Pro voting: basically rate your top 9 SM players, top 3 LC/Dubs/ORAS, and some misc awards. First team>second>third just heads up if anyone hasn't seen this method before.

Last edited:
SM: Detroitlolcat vs Tadasuke: I think DLC has really proven himself this tour, and he has far exceeded my expectations. For this I'm gonna put him as the winner

SM: Ria vs Frat Dude: Fratty is by far the best player cbrevan has, this pick is quite easy.

SM: mxmts vs PD: Personally here I think the skill gap is too far for mxmts to close, and PD should have this one easily.

CapLC- Alice Kazumi vs Jox: Two great players in their respective tiers, gotta put alice > jox as jox haxed my boy week 1. This game will be very close and could go either way

Doubles: Z strats vs Yellow Paint: yellow who Z strats has done really well this tour from what I have seen, so I have this match in the "upset" of the week.

ORAS: TraceofLife vs Rat With Wings: This once again comes down to the skill gap. Rat is leagues above his opponent.

Welp, guess we're tying again :^)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)