SM OU Charizard-X Hey kids! (rmt)

Hi! before I begin I want to say that this is my first post on smogon, I though I'd post so try and help my teambuilding abilities and get advice on some of my teams. Thank you in advance for the help. (I should also mention we made this team while rockin' out to hey kids so that explains the name)

Team building process:

I honestly just felt like building a team with my friend, we both settled on mega charizard-X but didn't know where to go from there. We made this team a while ago, but i still come back to it and would like to see where it could improve.

fe4628fe9550b6fe80b5bffe17fc11f6-d6rki9v.gif

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

This thing was the first Mega I build a team around, and why shouldn't I? Tough claws boosted flare blitz seemed too good to pass up this set has very specific roles, its made to take out anything including but not limited to zygarde, kyurem,mega scizor and ferrothorn. Hell even dragonite can be (potentially) KO'ed by adamant +1 even with multi scale up. obviously with heatran around that luxury of come in and sweep is stopped dead in its tracks, but later you'll see that my friend and I had ways of dealing with it. Other threats include Lando-T, greninja's water shuriken, and unaware clef. I say greninjas water shuriken mainly for the fact that it can revenge kill charizard when its at low health. dragon clay and flare blitz for great attacking moves that cover each's resistance which I find really useful, roost for longevity and dragon dance for a way to set up and sweep. A good cleaner late in the match but this beast can do much more.
786.png

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Remember me mentioning that we came up with ways to defeat tran? This was one of them. Originally I suggested Scarfed, but my friend said this'd be a great way to catch players off guard, this thing can nuke tran and wreak havoc. calm mind is a great way to get rid of threats like toxapex since they're very easy to set up on, while it is obvious toxapex can haze, there's no way it wants to take a +1. Some counters include mega mawile if the Z has been burnt and you haven't set up, kartana which naturally outspeeds and can OHKO, and magearna. but this thing pairs up well to nuke rock, dark, and steel types with the fightinium-z. and thanks to psychic surge it helps out zard from priority like the aforementioned water shuriken. As well as extreme speed and quick attack from stuff like pinsir. We opted for psyshock instead of psychic for chansey mainly, moonblast for fairy STAB and focus blast for fightinium.

Ferrothorn-AttackAnimation-XY-3.gif

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 148 Def / 104 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This thing needs no explaination (though I shall give one anyway) my absolute favorite wall in ou I told me friend we needed this thing. not only for my bias but because we thought it really did fit our team. this thing is designed to take on the tapu's and any other fairy types, set up rocks in the face of choiced pokemon, leech seed for maximum recovery and much more. Since I usually play draft league and that is where I shine the most at, this is a great fairy, dragon, steel core (tho lele would probably be banned and ferrothorn is only a tier 2 haha) but please do tell me if this core does also carry on to ou. anyway, threats (as for every steel type ever) magnezone, the dreaded 4x fire weakness, kartana since it literally does jack to it being immune to leech seed, and fighting types such as megacham and mega lopunny.

200.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 SpA / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

At first i was hesitant, this thing was still uu and i didn't really see what it could do for us. BOY was i wrong, first and foremost this thing is a ground resist which is much appreciated since ground types steamrolled through the team as it was, but i already knew that, what else could a washing machine hold. defog was a given it had to be on the team somewhere or charizard would be pretty much fodder. at this point i was still unsure, will o wisp was nice but something else struck me. the 116 SpA, i asked and was then immediatly sold on this things position on the team. one thing you may or may not know is lando is currently the king of ou, the 116 SpA allows a 93 percent chance for an OHKO after rocks, while still keeping enough bulk to take hits from what it needs to! other than thats its job is for a nice pivot with momentum from volt switch, hit with pump, will-o-wisp to cripple physical threats and defog for screens and hazards removal. threats for this thing include zygarde, bulu, tangrowth eats anything it has for breakfast and opposing ferrothorns can give ole rotom some problems as well.

Excadrill_XY.gif

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

This thing is a scarfed revenge killer to put it simply. being about to come in after something has been knocked out and be able to hit back. Not only a revenge killer, but this thing is a scarfed killer PERIOD. Its a super good ground type that gives the team some more offensive pressure, able to ignore abilities with mold breaker and hit hard. even flying types like zapdos don't wanna come in on a predicted rock slide. Earthquake is there cuz its STAB earthquake, no other reason needed, iron head to hit fairy types with a much faster pokemon, rock slide for flying coverage and poison jab for bulu and tangrowth mainly. Some counters include kartana, steela and skarmory which wall this thing entirely, and gren. honestly, i dont see scarfed excadrill run often, it is very good and really deserves more attenton

Tornadus_Therian_Forme_XY.gif

Tornadus-Therian @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Air Slash

This thing is here to stop fighting and grass types, something charizard could do yes, but its really the fighting types im looking for, my two resists are lele and torn, torn with its choice specs will be able to hit incredibly hard with hurricane and heat wave, and u-turn on any unfavorable match-ups for momentum. paired with rotom it makes a really nice volt-turn combo i like. Regenerator is a great ability, being able to negate stealth rocks entirely if you switch in and out without getting hurt with is something i found cool. Some threats include the newly added zeraora, and really anything that can take a hit and give that damage back, due to torn's poor defenses, it takes alot of it from alot of things

That concludes my team, again any help would be appreciated since i wanna revamp this team in a way. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Importable:
http://pokepast.es/85c9f89c4d474ac9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)