Civilization

not really fixed the issues... still too many annoying Apostle spam, Denounce for stupid stuff, Denounce for being a warmongerer because you take a city from someone who declared on you...
Don't like the restrictive wonders... especially how powerful Stonehenge is in getting what you want from religions.

not really fixed the issues... still too many annoying Apostle spam, Denounce for stupid stuff, Denounce for being a warmongerer because you take a city from someone who declared on you...
Don't like the restrictive wonders... especially how powerful Stonehenge is in getting what you want from religions.
you see one thing i noticed was that every victory consists on getting loads of one point , science vic needs well science , culture needs tourism , domination doesnt need anything tho (probably money because armies are expensive) and religion with faith

yea, I usually win culture or points, because you can get loads of tourists doing hardly anything, Science I never have enough time to complete space stuff.
but having a wave of 20+ apostles in your territory is annoying, as is being denounced for having too many wonders/great people, countrys declaring 1 turn after you discover them..

Brazil is weird. The rainforest benefits are really nice early but rainforest tiles are absolute garbage past the early game so you'll want to clear them out before too long. The bonus to GP sounds nice on paper but GP aren't amazingly strong in Civ 6 atm, and while all unique Districts are useful, they have probably the worst one. Not the worst civ but probably mid-low tier, having a UU that's late and naval is lame too.

also Civ 5 Japan sucked. Their ability is super weak and both of their UUs replace something bad on higher difficulties (well, more marginal than outright bad in Zero's case). Probably not top 5 worst civs in the game, but close to it.

Brazil is weird. The rainforest benefits are really nice early but rainforest tiles are absolute garbage past the early game so you'll want to clear them out before too long. The bonus to GP sounds nice on paper but GP aren't amazingly strong in Civ 6 atm, and while all unique Districts are useful, they have probably the worst one. Not the worst civ but probably mid-low tier, having a UU that's late and naval is lame too.

also Civ 5 Japan sucked. Their ability is super weak and both of their UUs replace something bad on higher difficulties (well, more marginal than outright bad in Zero's case). Probably not top 5 worst civs in the game, but close to it.
realy? i realy fouund japan extremely good for domination , its UA is useful all trought the game , pretty strong (if you dont mind killing of some units , come on do it like the soviets!)
fighting at full stengh might not seem that impressive but it realy makes a big difference , it leads to (how accurate) some kamikaze attacks with almost dead units doing the same damage as a full health one!
the samurai are just like a lot of UU "hey is the same but stronger " at least i can keep one for doing boats... , what i usually do with them is killing as much as possible in the samurai timespan , so i can finish up weak and puny enemies (im looking at you venice )

The Zero is kinda useful for not having to use oil , but is pretty meh anyways (dont use fighters a lot anyway)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Japan tends to be severely underrated. The UA changes how you play and how Japan is played against. It is not at all statistically insignificant, the only thing is that most players play to stack promotions above anything else and aren't open to the possibility that Japan might open new tactics. Frankly, even though they aren't high tier, I enjoyed playing Japan about as much as any other civ for the UA alone.

Samurai are outclassed by a lot of other UUs, but are worth using and I don't buy into the idea that blockers are bad units. That rhetoric mostly comes from real time players, which is a bad format.

Zeroes are very good, but like any late game unit, suck because they are late game units. They won't impact whether you win or lose.

The problem with the new Japan is just that they are boring. Bonus to being near shore? That's not even really historically accurate. Like, they're on an island, but they sure as shit weren't England. Most cool Japanese history was internal. But it's in general such a lame type of bonus that makes you reliant on the type of map your playing.

you know something? i think the most fun civ from civ 5 wont make a comeback in 6, and that is the rich ass doges of venice , see think about it , at least for how it worked in civ V venice just wont fit in civ VI , be it that having a ton of city states help but not wins you the game , money can buy them anymore , the one city challange would just be obcenely hard , run out of space for stuff (OMG WERE DO I PUT ON THIS INDUSTRY?) venice would just suck in VI

Bushido is awkward because it encourages you to be more reckless with your units; one of your main advantages over the AI is that you can actually move units back to heal instead of just suiciding them. Don't get me wrong, it is a plus, it's just not super significantly helpful.

The problem with Samurai is really more the problem with Longswordsmen, which is that on higher difficulties you're obligated to rush towards Education because if you don't you're going to fall behind hard on science (Civil Service is also pretty vital), so by the time you get Samurai the AIs will have Musketmen at minimum and be on the way to better stuff. Not unusable, but not hugely useful either. Zeroes, aside from being super lategame, run into the issue that the AI is also just kind of bad at using air units, and Fighters are really only effective against air units. And the thing they're most effective against is other Fighters, which the AI is even worse at using.

Civ 6 Japan, meanwhile...the extra district adjacency bonuses are kind of neat, but won't be significant for a long time. Samurai seem decent but not particularly special, as is the coast bonus. Faster Holy Sites/Encampments/Theater Square is the best part about them, but Encampments aren't always necessary and Holy Sites suck. They're just a collection of so-so, occasionally useful bonuses.

realy? i realy fouund japan extremely good for domination , its UA is useful all trought the game , pretty strong (if you dont mind killing of some units , come on do it like the soviets!)
fighting at full stengh might not seem that impressive but it realy makes a big difference , it leads to (how accurate) some kamikaze attacks with almost dead units doing the same damage as a full health one!
the samurai are just like a lot of UU "hey is the same but stronger " at least i can keep one for doing boats... , what i usually do with them is killing as much as possible in the samurai timespan , so i can finish up weak and puny enemies (im looking at you venice )

The Zero is kinda useful for not having to use oil , but is pretty meh anyways (dont use fighters a lot anyway)
Japan tends to be severely underrated. The UA changes how you play and how Japan is played against. It is not at all statistically insignificant, the only thing is that most players play to stack promotions above anything else and aren't open to the possibility that Japan might open new tactics. Frankly, even though they aren't high tier, I enjoyed playing Japan about as much as any other civ for the UA alone.

Samurai are outclassed by a lot of other UUs, but are worth using and I don't buy into the idea that blockers are bad units. That rhetoric mostly comes from real time players, which is a bad format.

Zeroes are very good, but like any late game unit, suck because they are late game units. They won't impact whether you win or lose.

The problem with the new Japan is just that they are boring. Bonus to being near shore? That's not even really historically accurate. Like, they're on an island, but they sure as shit weren't England. Most cool Japanese history was internal. But it's in general such a lame type of bonus that makes you reliant on the type of map your playing.
The problem with not taking penalties when attacking with wounded units is that... you don't really want to attack with wounded units, because they will die (even as Japan). Sure, it opens up the strategy of sending out waves of suicidal unpromoted units to take down opponents instead of a few well-promoted ones, but experience gain is literally only used for units, whereas production is used for, well, everything. I'd much rather have to go through the process of getting promotions on units to get enough strength to take down opponents than to throw production at the problem and let my wounded units fight and die.

Also, yes, real-time is a bad format, but the reason people use it is that turn-based games take literally forever and are extremely hard to actually complete a decent number of if you aren't a full-time civ player, and hybrid just doesn't really work a lot of the time.

getting rather fed up of going on larger maps... and still starting stupidly close to other civs, or not near stone. trying to play a decent game as poland, every game, rubbish start locations or close to enemy.
why did they remove the garrisoned unit defending city thing, whats the point in having a unit defending a city in early game if it is completely ignored?

can we discuss how extremely bad norway is? one of the only redeemable qualities is that they can acess ocean tiles before anyone else , useful on maps with loads of water (duh) , oh and their LB lets their boats can raid coasts :D , but the fact that after some time everyone will be able to do this is kinda bad , but at least norway can do that in the early game right? , ok fair but how many early game coastal improvements will there be? , anyway coastal raids arent even a big advantage anyway , sure you get some gold , maybe any other goodies , their unique building that temple replacement is hardly useful , sure you get at max +6 faith , it is not even early game by the time until you get temples , so good luck getting a religion , and this temple barely synergizes with other boosts , what the heck a church has to do with coastal raiding? at last their unique unit , the berseker , one extra movement (pretty good) but that penalty for defending just SUCKS , makes you really vulnerable to ranged attacks , you must run at any sign of knights , their pillaging is mostly irrelevant but the fact that it does not require any resource kinda makes up for that , overral norway is just a wasted opportunity to make a cool viking civ (really should choose denmark instead)

Part of the problem is that water sucks in Civ 6, even worse than it did in 5. Regular ocean tiles are awful and even ocean resource tiles are pretty bad by most standards, as opposed to 5 where they were pretty good once you got the right buildings. Harbors mean you don't have to build a city on the coast to actually build boats from it, so it's usually just best to settle as far away from the coast as you can.

of course, Stave Church is also a terrible building and Berserker is okay I guess, so yeah, they're pretty crap. Neck and neck with Spain for worst civ

spain's LB makes it a really aggressive Jehovah's Witness

"KNOCK KNOCK"
"who's there?"
"JESUS!"
*proceeds to kick door down and murder everyone inside*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)