Collegiate / HS / International Wrestling

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi everyone, as some of you may know (and most of you do not) I wrestle irl and am pretty involved with it. This thread is just to talk about wrestling and anything related - personal stories, favorite college teams, Olympics / worlds talk, etc. If you talk about cutting weight dont talk about anything illegal that you did, that probably violates some sort of rule.

I'll start off by saying Ive done this since first grade, have been on Team Connecticut's folkstyle team for a while (5th grade-now?). Soph and Junior years I was in the state finals, i cut a ton Sophomore year and Junior i was very ill so I'm hoping to win this (senior) year. Maybe wrestling in college and such but who knows? Anyway my favorite DI team is Cornell, pretty pumped bout how well they did last year / who they bring back.

Yep so p much anything is welcome, questions / comments too!

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Wrestling is fake.

I'm looking in to doing wrestling because I think it can help for me playing football. Any advice for a guy who doesn't know anything about the sport other than you have to hit the other guy?

Man you sound like a stud lmao good luck this year bro!!
I only started wrestling in 7th grade, im a junior now but i really wish i got into it earlier because the more experience the better obvi but just getting into it earlier wouldve helped me immensely rn but its whatever cant change it now. Anyways wrestling has changed my life for the better in so many ways whether it be putting me in great physical shape, to teaching me many important life skills. Id like to say im an above average wrestler, but im def not at the state level yet. I wrestle in New York and im my teams varsity 138 pounder as of rn but might try and cut down to 132 if i can xd i wrestled 132 freshman and sophmore year had moderate success but nothin too big.. the thing is though i have to get stronger and when i get stronger im gunna be gaining muscle mass so itll be harder to cut so well see what happens, this year though im lookin to have lots of success so well see how it goes :]

Wrestling is fake.

I'm looking in to doing wrestling because I think it can help for me playing football. Any advice for a guy who doesn't know anything about the sport other than you have to hit the other guy?
Honestly ive thought about doing football to help with wrestling but i just never did it, but wrestling will def help with football no doubt. I would think that your wrestling coach would teach some basics in the beginning of the year for any new wrestlers coming out so that shouldnt be a problem, so just go to the practices and pay attention to your coach, find a good drill partner and you should be alright. I cant really think of anything specific you need to know but if you have questions about anything specific just ask :O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)