Project Community Create-a-Team! - Submission Phase (Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going with a good one.
Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Water Shuriken

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
This would be a fun first mon to build around, and should result in some interesting teams.

Y'all thought I forgot about this, right?
Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
This would be a fun first mon to build around, and should result in some interesting teams.
I originally posted Stakataka, but after testing the Lonely set is for sure a lot better, so I'll count your submission instead of mine. And now that Naganadel got banned from the OU tier, let's kick off our community team :) here are the options for voting:
Jeffv's Choice Specs Blacephalon
ceal's Choice Band Kartana
Mega Meganium's Z-Sunny Day Blacephalon
Kamen Galaxy's Choice Specs Ash-Greninja
Chessking345's OTR Stakataka

Blacephalon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Trick

Here's our first team member! I've added Fire Blast over Overheat though, because in my opinion, Fire Blast is more reliable and I don't think the extra power makes much difference tbh. I've kept Psychic for now but depending on how the team develops we can switch the sets up a bit. Now here's a rule I forgot to post in the OP, reservations are allowed but they only last for 12 hours, so keep that in mind!

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

EQ Mega Lati is clearly the best teammate for Blacephalon, as it lures Tyranitar, Assault Vest Magearna, and Heatran if you don't Mega Evolve starightaway, most good players can tell from team preview if they see Mega Latios and no other mega, but it's still a formidable core.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off / Iron Head

Mega Mawile can take advantage of Tyranitar, Blacephalon's biggest burden, because if Blacephalon gets Pursuit trapped it can get a set up opportunity to smash holes, Blacephalon can beat Mega Venusaur and Skarmory which Mega Mawile tends to struggle against.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/Defog
- Surf
- Recover

An oldie but a goodie. LO Latios hasn't been a common set since ORAS, but it serves as a good lure to Ttar and Heatran with LO Surf 2hkoing both. This set differentiates itself from Mega Latios by not taking up the mega slot, which adds a further degree of surprise factor to this set, since, as Exploudit mentioned in his post, many have caught on to Mega Latios's EQ, and you can run another mega alongside Latios.

Blacephalon model.gif

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
I prefer the use of Scarfed Blacephalon as it doesn't get outsped by faster mons or other Scarfed Blacephalons. Psyshock can allow it to take care off Blissey or Chansey while the other moves can be threatening STAB moves against the foes and even deal incredible damage to the foe via Mind Blown even with that recoil damage on it.

View attachment 91530
Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Mind Blown
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
I prefer the use of Scarfed Blacephalon as it doesn't get outsped by faster mons or other Scarfed Blacephalons. Psyshock can allow it to take care off Blissey or Chansey while the other moves can be threatening STAB moves against the foes and even deal incredible damage to the foe via Mind Blown even with that recoil damage on it.
I'm sorry fren, but Choice Specs Blacephalon just won last round, and for obvious reasons Blacephalon can't be a Blacephalon teammate, so you'll have to submit a Pokémon that pairs with Specs Blacephalon instead.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch
A team should have not just special attackers, nor just physical attackers. They should have, imo, both physical and special attackers, and if they are mixed, then that is even better!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Latios @ Waterium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Filler

I'd normally nomminate Mega Latios to be used with this thing, but Mega Latios isn't a very effective Tyranitar lure anymore because everyone expects it to run Earthquake now. Waterium Z Latios does a lot more to Tyranitar while simultaneously being a better switch into opposing special attackers like Heatran and Keldeo, as it isn't running Naive. This thing is overall a really neat lure that I think we should consider using. The last slot is gonna be decided by the rest of the team, probably gonna end up being Psychic, but we might need to throw on Defog at the end of the build if we don't have a Defogger. Also, the Blacephalon set should totally be changed to Hidden Power Ground/Grass>Psychic so that it doesn't have to completely rely on its teammates to weaken Tyranitar.

(If someone else wants to post this in matchmaking or lure that threat, feel free to :D)

Sorry for forgetting about this! Let's open voting, that being said, I'm really sorry ceal but I will have to pick LL's Latios instead of yours, despite they being essencially the same set, Waterium Z is much better as a Tyranitar and Heatran lure. Also, Kamen Galaxy your post lacks explanation as to why Mega Charizard-X would be a great teammate to Blacephalon, and even then, the set you're running is rather iffy therefore I will not allow votes to your post, so please be more careful next time and try to go more in depth on how the Pokémon you picked fits the current team. Finally, here are the voting options:

Exploudit's EQ Mega Latios
ThiccTornadus' Swords Dance Mega Mawile
LL's Waterium Z Latios

if i see a latios + blacephalon im expecting a tyranitar lure, mega lati or otherwise, so i dont see how waterium z latios is any better a lure than eq mega lati. lati's just a mon that people tend to throw lure moves on + blacephalon doesnt have many checks so its pretty obvious

i'd probably vote mega mawile here since i rly like offensive synergy better than lures that can be pretty hit or miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)