SM OU Could you rate this team? if you would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mimikyu (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Memento

Bisharp (M) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- FocusBlast
- Roost

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Kommo-o (F) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Close Combat

Last edited:
First, Zard only has two attacks. I'm guessing this is an error from copy-pasting your sets in.

Second, use Black Glasses on Bisharp instead of Dread Plate. This is a tiny optimization for the off chance someone steals your item to attack with Fling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heya! So I like the idea of your team (ZardY webs sounds fun) but there's a few issues which to me shine through somewhat. So firstly, the usage of Smeargle as a Webs setter isn't the best. Both Ribombee and Araquanid are much more versatile and generally considered better web setters - considering how you have a ZardY I believe Ribombee would be a better option for your team.
Also, your team seems quite Psychic weak (notably MegaZam and Lele); Bisharp is a check at best, and you'd need to either predict a psychic, shadow ball, or cm / recover before sending it in. Even then Bisharp won't guarantee a kill as there's a high probability these pesky psychics would switch out. Instead of running swords dance, I'd consider running pursuit to trap Zam and Lele (killing the former and dealing heavy damage to the latter.) You also don't really need swords dance as defiant should provide enough of an attack boost if you switch into a defog.
Your team should run a defogger if you're planning on using Zard Y as your mega - it's very weak to stealth rocks and virtually every team runs stealth rocks. Admittedly, you got around this weakness by running 3 attacks roost, but still rocks would heavily cripple your team without a defogger. I'd sugggest running Torn-T as your defogger, over Mimikyu, since Mimkyu isn't generally a great mon and Torn-T helps deal with physical mons like Kart, (arguably) MMedi, and Lucha, all three of which seem to generally seem to be huge threats to your team.
Lastly you should run 248 HP on your Gastro and since your team lacks a Tran or Ash Gren check / counter I'd suggest switching the Gastro to be more specially oriented (SpDef.)
I hope it all goes well, and good luck!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)