Creative Sets in Doubles OU

Tornadus @ Electric Seed / Psychic Seed
Ability: Prankster / Defiant
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Bulk Up (/ Taunt / Tailwind / Rain Dance / Knock Off)
- Protect

One of my favorites mons to use right now. Its Terrain Seeds are immediately consumable, allowing it to boost its DEF by 1 stage and double the power of its STAB move, Acrobatics. And by using its (priority) setup move, Bulk Up, it doubles its DEF for a total of 301-362 HP / 352 DEF, which is pretty bulky. Bulk Up also boosts its ATK, which with the addition of its ability, Defiant, can bring terrifying damage onto opponents. Depending on the team, Taunt, TW, Rain Dance, or even Knock Off can be used instead of Bulk Up. In my opinion, terrains really helped Tornadus come back into the metagame, although not as effective as the flying gem.

Aromatisse @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Helping Hand
- Sunny Day

Not really creative but Aromatisse is an obscure choice in the meta and I think it does a great job as a Full TR setter. It beats common anti-tr measures like Marshadow and Taunt Tapus without having to sacrifice longevity and hold mental herb. It's a great partner for Tran/Zard/Camel because it can set Sun to win weather wars and Helping Hand boost Heat Waves. Moonblast 2HKOs everything it should so it's not like it's completely passive.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
This Zygarde set is pretty wavy

Zygarde @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 132 Def / 84 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Haze
- Protect

Trapper Zygarde! I've used this in various test games and in Snake vs miltankmilk and it does a good job of picking off targets and doing the job it needs to do. Trapping has the potential to be pretty good, and it's even better when not seen coming as it can screw with game plans (the fact that this set is being shared is beside the point). This set only really has to hit a target with TWaves once, and then it can just do whatever as the foe is trapped as long as Zyg stays on the field. It's recommended to use this with boosters or strong attackers with solid coverage as one usually does with Mega Gengar in order to take full advantage of a given position; I used AV Gene, DD Gyara, DD Tyranitar, and Tapu Koko on the team I tried this with.

In addition, Zygarde, when invested and holding a pinch berry, is pretty hard to take down, and it still has Thousand Arrows which can touch pretty much the entire metagame, letting it get chip on the things it traps and making it at least a decent offensive threat. Foes also can't set up on it much as it also packs Haze.

The spread given lives Life Orb Moonblast from Tapu Lele and Ice Punch from Mega Metagross.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if I can top Z Bestow Blissey, but:

Kyurem-Black @ Misty Seed
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Roost

Tanks stuff like AV Kyube, recovery stalls like Zapdos, and Earth Power is pretty disposable on a bolt-beam mon now that Heatran is less common. Marshadow, Scizor and Metagross force it out, so try to deal with those before activating Kyurem-B's seed.

You can also drop either Ice Beam or Icy Wind for Protect, Earth Power or HP Fire, depending on the needs of your team.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Ludicolo @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam / Fake Out
- Focus Blast

Neat set I came up with to use against SableyeMyBae for DLT playoffs, didn't get to showcase it much so I'll post it here. The idea is that Z-Focus Blast Ludicolo lures in conventional rain checks like Ferrothorn or AV Kyurem-B and can either KO them or weaken them enough that another rain sweeper can power through. I paired this with MGar but I think it'd be much stronger paired with MSwampert, which takes advantage of those Pokemon being weakened while also being able to beat Volcanion. It is annoying that running this set forces Ludicolo to choose between having Fake Out or Ice Beam, but the luring potential this set brings can be pretty cool. I used Politoed as the rain setter with this because Helping Hand ensures the 1hko vs Ferro and brings Kyub down to 25% but it could also work with an offensive Pelipper.

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This is my favorite Lando set rn. It's a good lead to get rocks :up:, but also works as a great pivot. Shoutouts GenOne for convincing me that special Lando is the call rn. Between Intimidate and spread reduction, Earth Power often hits harder than Earthquake, notably allowing you to OHKO Shuca Stakataka. HP Ice rounds out Landorus's coverage, letting it beat opposing Landorus and Salamence. I like to run Protect, but you can also use a number of other options such as Knock Off, U-turn, etc. Groundium Z is so you actually hit hard.

Calcs:

0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shuca Berry Stakataka: 426-504 (130.6 - 154.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 240-284 (75.2 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Salamence-Mega: 196-232 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

-1 60 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Landorus-Therian: 160-190 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

GenOne

is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In an effort to bring this thread back to life, I've taken ownership of this thread and went ahead to update the Creative Sets Hall of Fame to include all the most recent entries! It's also now sorted reverse chronologically, so the freshest sets will always be at the top.

If I missed any that you think deserve to be there, let me know!

Last edited:

GenOne

Tapu Bulu @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave / Adamant Nature
(optional) IVs: 11 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge / Superpower
- Sunny Day
- Synthesis

I designed this mainly to support my Camel TR teams but it's also just an overall great set if you're using Bulu as a rain check. Sunny Day reverses opposing weather, powers up Camerupt's Fire moves (if that's what you're pairing this with), and makes Synthesis a worthwhile move to run.

11 Spe IVs under TR lets Hoopa break Protect for you. If you don't have Hoopa, just run 0 Spe.

GenOne

Gliscor @ Psychic Seed / Misty Seed
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake / Swords Dance
- Tailwind
- Roost

Gliscor is kind of fun to use as a Fake Zapdos. Once it consumes its seed it gets to use Acrobatics at its full Base Power. Offensively, it's not the strongest, but Hyper Cutter at least keeps it from being tamed by Intimidate. Depending on the rest of your team, you may opt to replace Earthquake with Swords Dance, since Flying-type coverage is good enough on its own.

e: 132 SpD EVs let it take two Muddy Waters from 100 SpA Tapu Fini.

Last edited:
MAGIC GUARD LOL (Thundurus) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Protect

basic evs and moves but protective pads let it not kill itself with recoil which is nice for volcanion fini n shiiiit

Demantoid

APMS Founder
is a Top Tiering Contributor

Demalatoid (Malamar) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Happy Hour
- Protect

Z-Happy Hour ignores Contrary and boosts all of Malamar's stats. Contrary sets apart Malamar from other physical sweepers making it much more difficult to defensively check. Knock Off+Superpower gives it good coverage against anything that's not fairy. Superpower boosts also make much harder for stuff like Megagross and Lando to threaten it. It's unfortunately outsped by most scarfers even after boosting and it's pretty weak.

Replays:
Against marilli: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7doublesou-352266
Against vallex: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-708212759
Against mishimono: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-716214654

Last edited:

GenOne

1519601080161.png
1519602026161.png

Fast Utility
Persian-Alola @ Black Glasses
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

At first glance Alolan Persian seems like a complete shitmon with an underwhelming 440 BST. However, Foul Play + Blackglasses completely counteracts its low Atk stat, while Fur Coat doubles its defense stat, making it pretty capable of both dishing out and taking physical attacks. Its speed tier is pretty excellent for what it needs to do: get a faster Fake Out against opposing Scraftys, get a fast taunt off against your Tailwind Zapdoses, and did I mention that it outpaces and has a good chance to OHKO no-bulk Mega Metagrosses? (0 Atk Black Glasses Persian-Alola Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross-Mega: 284-336 (94.3 - 111.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO) You still do like 75% against bulky Metagrosses, which in turn can't do much back to Persian unless carrying Hammer Arm. And unlike a lot of distrupters (looking at you, Scrafty!) Persian will rarely be deadweight because if it can't do anything else useful in a turn, it can pivot out with a fast Parting Shot and you'll still feel like you got a decent ROI out of having Persian on the battlefield. I honestly considered nomming this to the VR, but I thought I'd ease people in by posting this here first.

1519601584712.png
1519602013373.png

Fake Icium-Z
Kyurem-Black @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Earth Power is optional in this meta, and Icium Z has been catching on because of its sheer power. Replace Icium Z with a Power Herb, and you still have a nuclear option that's almost as strong, but guess what? Now you can give another mon on your team a Z crystal to have two nukes! Power Herb + Freeze Shock will miss out on some offensive benchmarks that Icium Z hits, and it also has a 10% chance to miss which can be bad. However, one big upside to this tech is that Freeze Shock in its original form also has a 30% chance to paralyze the target, which can be helpful if you end up hitting something that doesn't drop. If you have a Z Crystal slot unused on your team, you're still better off using Icium Z, BUT if you want to use a Z Crystal elsewhere, you can still make Kyurem-Black a great wallbreaker by giving it a Power Herb. Max Speed + Jolly Nature lets you speed tie Tapu Lele. Who cares about SpA investment with Ice Beam tbh; STAB + 90 BP Ice-type coverage is already enough to drop your standard-issue Landorus-T, Zygarde or Mega Salamence.

Attachments

Last edited:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Stakataka @ Figy Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 8 Def / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Wide Guard
- Ally Switch
- Stealth Rock

I used a similar set in VGC and adapted it for Doubles. It patches holes in teams, functioning as a TR check, Steel-type and support, mainly by use of Wide Guard and Ally Switch to support teammates. Also can fit SR there. As opposed to its usual TR sweeper role, it is not intended to be used on TR teams.

It can fit well on the MGengar/Incineroar/Zygarde team. Wide Guard to protect MGeng and Incineroar from Ground-type spam and Zygarde from Icy Wind, Ally Switch to abuse its resistances like tanking Fairy-type and Ice-type attacks for Zygarde, taking advantage of opposing TR that most of its teammates usually don't enjoy. Kommo-O is a good teammate in a similar vein to Zygarde; it also benefits from Wide Guard to stop Dazzling Gleam. Tapu Bulu is a great partner typing wise (great for Ally Switch abuse). Absuing Ally Switch like you would abuse Jirachi's Follow Me is fun, and Wide Guard + Ally Switch mindgames do pop up - for example will opposing Lando-T use EQ or Superpower.

Defensive calcs:
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 268-324 (82.2 - 99.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 0% without SR
  • 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Superpower vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 292-348 (89.5 - 106.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. 37.5% without SR
  • 240+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 276-328 (84.6 - 100.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 6.3% without. That increases to 50% ad 125% respectively if Zygarde has 252 Atk, which isn't the set in the current (WIP) Zygarde analysis
  • 4 Atk Deoxys-Attack Superpower vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 272-324 (83.4 - 99.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 0% without SR
  • 252+ Atk Incineroar Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 248-292 (76 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO - in case you get hit by this by surprise, your Berry should proc
  • +1 156+ SpA Tapu Fini Muddy Water vs. 252 HP / 12 SpD Stakataka: 260-308 (79.7 - 94.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 0% without
  • 240+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Superpower vs. 252 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 336-396 (103 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO. However forcing Zygarde to use Superpower instead of its Arrows spam is an achievement in itself, and choiced Superpower can be taken advantage of, particularly with Ally Switch (and at -1, it won't OHKO).

Offensively you still have enough power to 2HKO pretty much anything neutral to Gyro Ball, and OHKO frail mons, though you will notice the power difference.
  • 236 Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 280-330 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
  • 236 Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar-Mega: 294-346 (112.2 - 132%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 236 Atk Stakataka Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 128+ Def Tapu Fini: 177-208 (51.4 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Due to the added bulk, Shuca Berry isn't necessary. It take hits well enough to make good use of Figy Berry, and Fighting-type attacks aren't common in this metagame. Plus Intimidate can help with those defensive calcs particularly if you're already taken damage

Last edited:
index.jpg

I think this strat has some good potential if you dedicate the team to eliminate every counter.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-796114505
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-796477301
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-796139457
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-796120664

The team:
Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Aurora Veil
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Encore

Mew @ Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Hail
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Swoobat @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Amnesia
- Stored Power
- Protect
- Roost

Tapu Lele @ Ganlon Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fling
- Psych Up
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psych Up
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psychic

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psych Up
- Morning Sun
- Stored Power
- Toxic

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I hate to be that guy but Swoobat seems like one of those strategies where once a good player sees it once, they know exactly how to beat it with any given team

also the DOU ladder is kind of ass below 1500 or so

GenOne

Most teams with Incineroar still want a Ground-type (usually Landorus-T or Zygarde) but neither feel quite right and also you're still a bit vulnerable to 252/252/4 Timid Charizards.

If you have an open mind, consider using this!

1543089035790.png

Garchomp @ Groundium Z / Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake / Stomping Tantrum
- Stone Edge
- Incinerate / Stealth Rock / Swords Dance
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This is my favorite Lando set rn. It's a good lead to get rocks :up:, but also works as a great pivot. Shoutouts GenOne for convincing me that special Lando is the call rn. Between Intimidate and spread reduction, Earth Power often hits harder than Earthquake, notably allowing you to OHKO Shuca Stakataka. HP Ice rounds out Landorus's coverage, letting it beat opposing Landorus and Salamence. I like to run Protect, but you can also use a number of other options such as Knock Off, U-turn, etc. Groundium Z is so you actually hit hard.

Calcs:

0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Shuca Berry Stakataka: 426-504 (130.6 - 154.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 240-284 (75.2 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0+ SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Salamence-Mega: 196-232 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

-1 60 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Landorus-Therian: 160-190 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
this spread is pretty inefficient, actually. By going Timid, you get 1 extra stat point.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
The Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Right Mew

Using 21 sample sets posted by members of Smogon Doubles I will show you the various ways Mew can be utilized in DOU.
First a brief overview of Mew in doubles. It is generally a support mon, you very rarely see it as a centerpiece of a team, as such Mew is often one of the last mons players select during the team building process. This is because of its deep movepool that lets coverage holes be filled, adding more speed control, or additional support moves, or just for the convince and splash-ability of Transform.

During my collection of teams for this resource I found the following 3 traits explain most Mew sets. I believe they are the most relevant decisions to make if you decide to have Mew on your team.
  • Fake-Out
    • Fake-Out Mew is most common when one of your teammates benefits from being able to set up (such as Dragon Dance)
    • About 50% of Mews use Fake-Out
  • Trick-Room or Tail Wind
    • There are some example of Mews not having either but it is less common
  • Ice Coverage
    • Ice Beam is by far the most common attack on Mew
    • I'll give some interesting examples of non-Ice Coverage Mews
After your decision on Fake-Out, Speed Control, and Ice Coverage is made the next most common choice is if you should use Transform or opt for another support move or another form of attack coverage.

The chart below will lead you to various teams people have posted.

(1)
Mew @ Aguav Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe

Timid Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

- Fake Out

- Roar

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-5#post-7983552

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite

Ability: Lightning Rod

EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Protect

Zygarde @ Groundium Z

EVs: 240 HP / 68 Atk / 20 SpD / 180 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Rock Slide

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 116 SpD / 80 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out

- Flare Blitz

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

Ability: Misty Surge

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 72 SpA / 60 SpD / 64 Spe

Modest Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Mago Berry

EVs: 188 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 64 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Tailwind

- Detect

Mew @ Aguav Berry

Timid Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

- Fake Out

- Roar

(2)
Trance (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 24 SpA / 60 SpD / 32 Spe

Calm Nature

- Ice Beam

- Transform

- Stealth Rock

- Fake Out

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ostasis-spl-9-team-dump.3630397/#post-7717701

Il Blud (Gengar) @ Gengarite

Ability: Cursed Body

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

- Protect

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aromage (Amoonguss) @ Figy Berry

Ability: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 80 SpD / 24 Spe

Bold Nature

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Giga Drain

- Clear Smog

Ra (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb

Ability: Electric Surge

Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Sky Drop

- Volt Switch

- Protect

Ultimate Insect Queen (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Download

EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SpA / 196 Spe

Naughty Nature

- Iron Head

- U-turn

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower

Obelisk (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet

- Knock Off

- Belly Drum

- Protect

Calm Nature

- Ice Beam

- Transform

- Stealth Rock

- Fake Out

(3)
c: (Mew) @ Light Clay

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Light Screen

- Reflect

- Ally Switch/Explosion/Transform

- Fake Out

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-2#post-7368314

(4)
Mew @ Wiki Berry
Happiness: 0
EVs: 232 HP / 92 Def / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-teambuilding-frameworks.3619759/#post-7568837

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 8 Def / 92 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Mew @ Wiki Berry
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Transform

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 88 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

(5)
Demewtoid (Mew) @ Mago Berry

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 24 SpA / 80 SpD / 96 Spe

Calm Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Tailwind

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mishi-society-spl-teams.3630346/#post-7717319

Demetatoid (Metagross) @ Metagrossite

Ability: Clear Body

Jolly Nature

- Iron Head

- Ice Punch

- Zen Headbutt

- Protect

Delandotoid (Landorus-Therian) @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe

Modest Nature

IVs: 30 Atk

- Earth Power

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Stealth Rock

- Knock Off

Calm Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Tailwind

- Transform

Dekyubetoid (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 88 SpA / 60 SpD / 32 Spe

Bashful Nature

- Ice Beam

- Icy Wind

- Fusion Bolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Happy Hour

- Protect

Deshroomtoid (Amoonguss) @ Wiki Berry

Level: 99

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Clear Smog

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Protect

(6)
Mew @ Aguav Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- Defog

- U-turn

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-7#post-7803580

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y

Ability: Drought

Timid Nature

- Heat Wave

- Overheat

- Solar Beam

- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- Defog

- U-turn

- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest

EVs: 188 HP / 68 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Sludge Bomb

- U-turn

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z

Ability: Soundproof

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Clanging Scales

- Flamethrower

- Close Combat

- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb

Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Dazzling Gleam

- Roar

- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 32 Def / 132 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Protect

(7)
Mew @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Transform
- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-3#post-7556856

(8)
Mew @ Wiki Berry
good kid (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe

Careful Nature

- Fake Out

- Tailwind

- Transform

- U-turn

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/still-cr0-4ven-in-our-hearts.3631087/#post-7730732

sing about me (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y

Timid Nature

- Flamethrower

- Heat Wave

- Tailwind

- Protect

im dying of thirst (Landorus-Therian) @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Protect

m.A.A.d city (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb

Ability: Magician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Hyperspace Fury

- Hyperspace Hole

- Drain Punch

- Protect

money trees (Tapu Koko) @ Assault Vest

Timid Nature

- Electroweb

- Volt Switch

- Nature's Madness

- Sky Drop

poetic justice (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z

Hasty Nature

- Ice Beam

- Fusion Bolt

- Freeze Shock

- Protect

Careful Nature

- Fake Out

- Tailwind

- Transform

- U-turn

(9)
Mew @ Mewnium Z

Modest Nature

- Fake Out

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-9#post-7900838

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Ally Switch

- Soft-Boiled

- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite

Ability: Light Metal

EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 56 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

- Swords Dance

- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 156 SpA / 28 SpD

Modest Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry

EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpA / 116 Spe

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 72 Def / 24 SpD / 92 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Knock Off

Mew @ Mewnium Z

Modest Nature

- Fake Out

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

- Tailwind

(10)
Mew @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 24 SpA / 116 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Trick Room

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-2#post-7382809

Salamence @ Salamencite

EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Double-Edge

- Hyper Voice

- Tailwind

- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 120 SpA / 84 SpD / 20 Spe

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Swagger

- Heal Pulse

Snorlax @ Figy Berry

Ability: Gluttony

EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def / 60 SpD

Brave Nature

- Frustration

- High Horsepower

- Curse

- Recycle

Zygarde @ Groundium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 72 SpD / 164 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Crunch

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Mew @ Iapapa Berry

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Trick Room

- Transform

Heatran @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

- Eruption

- Protect

(11)
Demewtoid (Mew) @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Trick Room

- Transform

- Sludge Bomb

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mishi-society-spl-teams.3630346/#post-7717319

Jolly Nature

- Iron Head

- Ice Punch

- Hammer Arm

- Protect

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Stealth Rock

- Knock Off

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Trick Room

- Transform

- Sludge Bomb

Princess Mishimono (Snorlax) (F) @ Figy Berry

EVs: 140 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Def / 64 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Frustration

- Fire Punch

- Belly Drum

- Recycle

Demalatoid (Malamar) @ Psychium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Trick Room

- Hypnosis

Sassy Nature

- Clear Smog

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Protect

(12)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 88 SpA / 144 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Volt Switch

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-team-bazaar-sample-teams-here.3590987/#post-7165354

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite

Ability: Mold Breaker

EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Waterfall

- Crunch

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash

Ability: Justified

EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Rock Slide

- Close Combat

- Poison Jab

- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry

Modest Nature

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

- Flash Cannon

- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 48 SpD

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- U-turn

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Sitrus Berry

Sassy Nature

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Volt Switch

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Rage Powder

- Spore

- Giga Drain

- Foul Play

(13)
pink (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Aurora Veil/Light Screen

- Trick Room

- Psychic

- Stealth Rock

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...23-votin-mega-tyranitar.3621925/#post-7598634

grey (Stakataka) @ Chople Berry

Brave Nature

- Trick Room

- Gyro Ball

- Rock Slide

- Protect

white (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite

Quiet Nature

- Blizzard

- Giga Drain

- Ice Shard

- Protect

dark grey (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD

Brave Nature

- Wood Hammer

- Stone Edge

- Superpower

- Protect

orange (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest

EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def

Brave Nature

IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

- Low Kick

- Stone Edge

red (Volcanion) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 104 SpA / 20 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Heat Wave

- Steam Eruption

- Substitute

- Protect

Sassy Nature

- Aurora Veil

- Trick Room

- Psychic

- Stealth Rock

(14)
BOW BOW (Mew) @ Aguav Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe

Timid Nature

- Ice Beam

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-10#post-7959283

MajorBowman (Victini) @ Choice Band

Ability: Victory Star

Jolly Nature

- V-create

- Bolt Strike

- Zen Headbutt

- U-turn

Has (Spinda) @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature

- Superpower

- Return

- Fake Out

- Skill Swap

Really (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Snarl

- Protect

Great (Tapu Fini) @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 124 SpA / 68 SpD

Bold Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Heal Pulse

- Protect

Calves (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb

EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

- Fusion Bolt

- Protect

Timid Nature

- Ice Beam

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Tailwind

(15)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpA / 72 Spe

Modest Nature

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

- Tailwind

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dou-effective-cores.3589421/page-3#post-7268341

(16)
Mew @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 24 SpD / 220 Spe

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-team-bazaar-sample-teams-here.3590987/#post-7158261

Manectric @ Manectite

EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Snarl

- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 168 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z

EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpD / 184 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Substitute

- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Thousand Waves

- Extreme Speed

- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

(17)
Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ation-and-retrospective.3643446/#post-7953020

Manectric @ Manectite

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Snarl

- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry

Sassy Nature

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z

Jolly Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Substitute

- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Thousand Waves

- Extreme Speed

- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

(18)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpA / 52 SpD / 120 Spe

Timid Nature

- Light Screen

- Earth Power

- Tailwind

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-sets-in-doubles-ou.3594207/

Stratos Sun (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Tailwind

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- King's Shield

(19)
?_? (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 100 SpD / 40 Spe

Bold Nature

- Ally Switch

- Transform

- Ice Beam

- Taunt

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-5#post-7662932

Sawk @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Ice Punch

- Close Combat

- Rock Slide

?_? (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

Bold Nature

- Ally Switch

- Transform

- Ice Beam

- Taunt

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite

Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

- Crunch

- Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Modest Nature

- King's Shield

- Shadow Ball

- Wide Guard

- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry

EVs: 228 HP / 64 Atk / 216 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Rage Powder

- Protect

- Sludge Bomb

- Spore

(20)
Mew @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 208 HP / 48 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Trick

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-11#post-7980192

Diancie @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA

Brave Nature

- Diamond Storm

- Moonblast

- Substitute

- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Rock Slide

- Crunch

- Dragon Tail

- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry

Jolly Nature

- Substitute

- Leaf Blade

- Smart Strike

- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers

Ability: Storm Drain

EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Muddy Water

- Earth Power

- Icy Wind

- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry

Ability: Static

EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD / 52 Spe

Calm Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Tailwind

- Heat Wave

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature

- Trick

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Transform

(21)
Mew @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Super Fang
- Icy Wind
- Incinerate

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ldin-mega-scizor.3621925/page-12#post-7987379

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 40 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Roar

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Super Fang
- Icy Wind
- Incinerate

Araquanid @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Def
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Wide Guard
- Sticky Web
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Attachments

Last edited:

GenOne

The Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Right Mew

Using 20 sample sets posted by members of Smogon Doubles I will show you the various ways Mew can be utilized in DOU.
First a brief overview of Mew in doubles. It is generally a support mon, you very rarely see it as a centerpiece of a team, as such Mew is often one of the last mons players select during the team building process. This is because of its deep movepool that lets coverage holes be filled, adding more speed control, or additional support moves, or just for the convince and splash-ability of Transform.

During my collection of teams for this resource I found the following 3 traits explain most Mew sets. I believe they are the most relevant decisions to make if you decide to have Mew on your team.
  • Fake-Out
    • Fake-Out Mew is most common when one of your teammates benefits from being able to set up (such as Dragon Dance)
    • About 50% of Mews use Fake-Out
  • Trick-Room or Tail Wind
    • There are some example of Mews not having either but it is less common
  • Ice Coverage
    • Ice Beam is by far the most common attack on Mew
    • I'll give some interesting examples of non-Ice Coverage Mews
After your decision on Fake-Out, Speed Control, and Ice Coverage is made the next most common choice is if you should use Transform or opt for another support move or another form of attack coverage.

The chart below will lead you to various teams people have posted. View attachment 149828

(1)
Mew @ Aguav Berry

Timid Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

- Fake Out

- Roar

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-5#post-7983552

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite

EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Protect

Zygarde @ Groundium Z

EVs: 240 HP / 68 Atk / 20 SpD / 180 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Rock Slide

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 116 SpD / 80 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out

- Flare Blitz

- Knock Off

- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 72 SpA / 60 SpD / 64 Spe

Modest Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Mago Berry

EVs: 188 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 64 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Tailwind

- Detect

Mew @ Aguav Berry

Timid Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

- Fake Out

- Roar

(2)

Calm Nature

- Ice Beam

- Transform

- Stealth Rock

- Fake Out

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ostasis-spl-9-team-dump.3630397/#post-7717701

Il Blud (Gengar) @ Gengarite

Ability: Cursed Body

Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball

- Sludge Bomb

- Protect

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aromage (Amoonguss) @ Figy Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 80 SpD / 24 Spe

Bold Nature

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Giga Drain

- Clear Smog

Ra (Tapu Koko) @ Life Orb

Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Sky Drop

- Volt Switch

- Protect

Ultimate Insect Queen (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Download

EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SpA / 196 Spe

Naughty Nature

- Iron Head

- U-turn

- Ice Beam

- Flamethrower

Obelisk (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Huge Power

Adamant Nature

- Aqua Jet

- Knock Off

- Belly Drum

- Protect

Calm Nature

- Ice Beam

- Transform

- Stealth Rock

- Fake Out

(3)
c: (Mew) @ Light Clay

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Light Screen

- Reflect

- Ally Switch/Explosion/Transform

- Fake Out

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-2#post-7368314

(4)
Mew @ Wiki Berry
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-teambuilding-frameworks.3619759/#post-7568837

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 8 Def / 92 SpD / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Mew @ Wiki Berry
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Transform

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 88 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

(5)

Calm Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Tailwind

- Transform

Jolly Nature

- Iron Head

- Ice Punch

- Zen Headbutt

- Protect

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Stealth Rock

- Knock Off

Calm Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Tailwind

- Transform

Dekyubetoid (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 88 SpA / 60 SpD / 32 Spe

Bashful Nature

- Ice Beam

- Icy Wind

- Fusion Bolt

- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Happy Hour

- Protect

Sassy Nature

- Clear Smog

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Protect

(6)
Mew @ Aguav Berry

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- Defog

- U-turn

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-7#post-7803580

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y

Timid Nature

- Heat Wave

- Overheat

- Solar Beam

- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- Defog

- U-turn

- Tailwind

EVs: 188 HP / 68 SpA / 252 Spe

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Sludge Bomb

- U-turn

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z

Ability: Soundproof

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

- Clanging Scales

- Flamethrower

- Close Combat

- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb

Timid Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Dazzling Gleam

- Roar

- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Iapapa Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 32 Def / 132 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Power Whip

- Gyro Ball

- Protect

(7)
Mew @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Transform
- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-3#post-7556856

(8)
Mew @ Wiki Berry

Careful Nature

- Fake Out

- Tailwind

- Transform

- U-turn

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/still-cr0-4ven-in-our-hearts.3631087/#post-7730732

sing about me (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y

Timid Nature

- Flamethrower

- Heat Wave

- Tailwind

- Protect

im dying of thirst (Landorus-Therian) @ Iapapa Berry

Adamant Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Protect

m.A.A.d city (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb

Ability: Magician

Hasty Nature

- Hyperspace Fury

- Hyperspace Hole

- Drain Punch

- Protect

money trees (Tapu Koko) @ Assault Vest

Timid Nature

- Electroweb

- Volt Switch

- Nature's Madness

- Sky Drop

poetic justice (Kyurem-Black) @ Icium Z

Hasty Nature

- Ice Beam

- Fusion Bolt

- Freeze Shock

- Protect

Careful Nature

- Fake Out

- Tailwind

- Transform

- U-turn

(9)
Mew @ Mewnium Z

Modest Nature

- Fake Out

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-9#post-7900838

Chansey @ Eviolite

Ability: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Seismic Toss

- Ally Switch

- Soft-Boiled

- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite

EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 56 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

- Swords Dance

- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 156 SpA / 28 SpD

Modest Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry

EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpA / 116 Spe

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 72 Def / 24 SpD / 92 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Fake Out

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Knock Off

Mew @ Mewnium Z

Modest Nature

- Fake Out

- Psychic

- Fire Blast

- Tailwind

(10)
Mew @ Iapapa Berry

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Trick Room

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...sample-teams-here.3590987/page-2#post-7382809

Salamence @ Salamencite

EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe

Naive Nature

- Double-Edge

- Hyper Voice

- Tailwind

- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 120 SpA / 84 SpD / 20 Spe

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Swagger

- Heal Pulse

Snorlax @ Figy Berry

EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Def / 60 SpD

Brave Nature

- Frustration

- High Horsepower

- Curse

- Recycle

Zygarde @ Groundium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 72 SpD / 164 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Crunch

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Mew @ Iapapa Berry

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Ice Beam

- Trick Room

- Transform

Heatran @ Shuca Berry

Quiet Nature

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

- Eruption

- Protect

(11)

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Trick Room

- Transform

- Sludge Bomb

Jolly Nature

- Iron Head

- Ice Punch

- Hammer Arm

- Protect

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Stealth Rock

- Knock Off

Relaxed Nature

- Fake Out

- Trick Room

- Transform

- Sludge Bomb

Princess Mishimono (Snorlax) (F) @ Figy Berry

EVs: 140 HP / 52 Atk / 252 Def / 64 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Frustration

- Fire Punch

- Belly Drum

- Recycle

Demalatoid (Malamar) @ Psychium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 180 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Knock Off

- Superpower

- Trick Room

- Hypnosis

Sassy Nature

- Clear Smog

- Spore

- Rage Powder

- Protect

(12)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

Sassy Nature

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Volt Switch

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-team-bazaar-sample-teams-here.3590987/#post-7165354

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite

EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Waterfall

- Crunch

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash

Ability: Justified

EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Rock Slide

- Close Combat

- Poison Jab

- Protect

Heatran @ Shuca Berry

Modest Nature

- Heat Wave

- Earth Power

- Flash Cannon

- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 48 SpD

Modest Nature

- Earth Power

- U-turn

- Sludge Bomb

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Sitrus Berry

Sassy Nature

- Trick Room

- Ice Beam

- Psychic

- Volt Switch

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD

Relaxed Nature

- Rage Powder

- Spore

- Giga Drain

- Foul Play

(13)

Sassy Nature

- Aurora Veil/Light Screen

- Trick Room

- Psychic

- Stealth Rock

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...23-votin-mega-tyranitar.3621925/#post-7598634

grey (Stakataka) @ Chople Berry

Brave Nature

- Trick Room

- Gyro Ball

- Rock Slide

- Protect

white (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite

Quiet Nature

- Blizzard

- Giga Drain

- Ice Shard

- Protect

dark grey (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD

Brave Nature

- Wood Hammer

- Stone Edge

- Superpower

- Protect

orange (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest

EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def

Brave Nature

IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

- Low Kick

- Stone Edge

red (Volcanion) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 104 SpA / 20 SpD

Quiet Nature

- Heat Wave

- Steam Eruption

- Substitute

- Protect

Sassy Nature

- Aurora Veil

- Trick Room

- Psychic

- Stealth Rock

(14)

Timid Nature

- Ice Beam

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Tailwind

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-10#post-7959283

MajorBowman (Victini) @ Choice Band

Ability: Victory Star

Jolly Nature

- V-create

- Bolt Strike

- Zen Headbutt

- U-turn

Has (Spinda) @ Choice Scarf

Jolly Nature

- Superpower

- Return

- Fake Out

- Skill Swap

Really (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Snarl

- Protect

Great (Tapu Fini) @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 124 SpA / 68 SpD

Bold Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Heal Pulse

- Protect

Calves (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb

EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe

Hasty Nature

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

- Fusion Bolt

- Protect

Timid Nature

- Ice Beam

- U-turn

- Stealth Rock

- Tailwind

(15)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 184 SpA / 72 Spe

Modest Nature

- Ice Beam

- Earth Power

- Tailwind

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dou-effective-cores.3589421/page-3#post-7268341

(16)
Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/doubles-ou-team-bazaar-sample-teams-here.3590987/#post-7158261

Manectric @ Manectite

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Snarl

- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry

Sassy Nature

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z

Jolly Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Substitute

- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Thousand Waves

- Extreme Speed

- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

(17)
Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ation-and-retrospective.3643446/#post-7953020

Manectric @ Manectite

Timid Nature

- Volt Switch

- Overheat

- Snarl

- Protect

Incineroar @ Aguav Berry

Sassy Nature

- Flare Blitz

- U-turn

- Fake Out

- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry

Calm Nature

- Muddy Water

- Moonblast

- Calm Mind

- Protect

Kartana @ Grassium Z

Jolly Nature

- Leaf Blade

- Sacred Sword

- Substitute

- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band

Adamant Nature

- Thousand Arrows

- Thousand Waves

- Extreme Speed

- Superpower

Mew @ Mago Berry

Bold Nature

- U-turn

- Tailwind

- Stealth Rock

- Ice Beam

(18)
Mew @ Sitrus Berry

Timid Nature

- Light Screen

- Earth Power

- Tailwind

- Ice Beam

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/creative-sets-in-doubles-ou.3594207/

Stratos Sun (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Tailwind

Mew @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Light Screen

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- King's Shield

(19)
?_? (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

Bold Nature

- Ally Switch

- Transform

- Ice Beam

- Taunt

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...in-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-5#post-7662932

Sawk @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Knock Off

- Ice Punch

- Close Combat

- Rock Slide

?_? (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry

Bold Nature

- Ally Switch

- Transform

- Ice Beam

- Taunt

Jolly Nature

- Dragon Dance

- Protect

- Crunch

- Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe

Modest Nature

- King's Shield

- Shadow Ball

- Wide Guard

- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry

EVs: 228 HP / 64 Atk / 216 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Earthquake

- U-turn

- Protect

- Stealth Rock

Amoonguss @ Wiki Berry

EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 196 SpD

Sassy Nature

- Rage Powder

- Protect

- Sludge Bomb

- Spore

(20)
Mew @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature

- Trick

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Transform

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...n-mega-tyranitar.3621925/page-11#post-7980192

Diancie @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA

Brave Nature

- Diamond Storm

- Moonblast

- Substitute

- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Rock Slide

- Crunch

- Dragon Tail

- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry

Jolly Nature

- Substitute

- Leaf Blade

- Smart Strike

- Protect

Gastrodon @ Leftovers

Quiet Nature

- Muddy Water

- Earth Power

- Icy Wind

- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry

Ability: Static

EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD / 52 Spe

Calm Nature

- Thunderbolt

- Tailwind

- Heat Wave

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mew @ Choice Scarf

Timid Nature

- Trick

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

- Transform
Although less tested in high level play, Super Fang is also a really neat move on Mew if you want to give it a bit more offensive capability without losing the defensive EVs of a bulky/utility-oriented Mew.

I've also been enjoying Icy Wind and Incinerate on Mew recently.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Sub-Gastro
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect
Sub-Gastro is my most favorite mon in Gen7. I've used it in Gen5 and Gen6 but it probably is strongest in Gen7. Muddy Water is one of the best moves in the game thanks to all the accuracy drops, at least in my experience. And Gastro also takes away Muddy Water from your opponents running Fini who get forced in attacking with Moonblast. Its great bulk and only 1 weakness makes use of of Sub-lefties better than almost any other mon in the game. Its strength also goes under appreciated and does huge damage to Metagross with Earth Power. Some common mons, notably Zapdos are completely walled by Gastrodon giving you lots of opportunities for free subs. You can also try Icy-Wind or Ice Beam instead of Muddy Water depending on your team, also you can run Recover or Toxic instead of Protect.

A normal Tapu Lele either has Taunt or Ally Switch as its 3rd slot, making it seemingly "limited". On the other hand, its access to use Fairium Z through Moonblast and Aromatic Mist is somewhat of a "surprise" game changer. When Aromatic Mist is Z-activated, Tapu Lele's SpD is increased by two stages and its partner's SpD is increased by one stage. If its partner is holding Psychic Seed, the partner's SpD increases by two stages.

Tapu Lele @ Fairium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Aromatic Mist
- Protect

Set: Assault Vest + Regenerator Reuniclus

reuniclus.gif

Description: I got this idea when I wanted to build a new team for the Battle Tree. Since it did so well there, I thought I could give it a try here, especially as this metagame is full of strong special attackers. Reuniclus is good at absorbing strong special moves from the likes of Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Mega Charizard Y, and Kingrda under rain. 168 SpA is enough to almost always OHKO uninvested Landorus-T with Hidden Power Ice. It can also 2HKO Metagross and Tapu Lele with Shadow Ball. In order to function well, it needs some help in form of Intimidate (e.x. from Incineroar) to survive strong physical moves, e.x. from Life Orb Kyurem-B. In my experience, it has a good match-up against Rain, Psychic Spam, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini, which is one of the reason I wanted to use Reuniclus. It can be very annoying to these Pkm because whenever they switch out, I can call it back to replenish some of its HP with Regenerator and use him again whenever they come back. I don't know if this set is considered a gimmick as I'm rather new to Doubles, but maybe some people are interested in it.^^

Reuniclus (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

If Landorus-T isn't much of a problem, you could use the following set. It allows you to almost always survive Hydro Vortex from Kingdra under Rain + Hurricane from Pelipper. While it doesn't OHKO Landorus-T reliably anymore, it can still almost always 2HKO Mega Metagross and Tapu Lele. And you could replace Hidden Power Ice with Thunder or Focus Blast, the former abuses Rain and Electric Terrain and hit Pelipper and Celesteela quite hard while the latter can hurt Heatran, Tyrannitar, and Incineroar. The rest of EVs goes to Reuniclus physical bulk. It allows you to survive Crunch from Adamant Tyrannitar.

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 68 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)