Gen 3 Deception and Destruction

Deception and Destruction

Heya! My name is Its Ditto (MeepBard on PS!) and I wanted to try my hand out at making my first-ever Gen 3 team! I would really appreciate some critiques to make this team better as this is my first team for the tier, of course. Without further ado, let's begin!

Originally, I had Metagross in the lead role, but after playing a few games, i've realized that Swampert is a much better choice. It has a great matchup vs. Tyranitar, it baits out Skarmory for Magneton to feast upon, and it's overall a great wall.

Next thing was a Pokemon that could work with Swampert and manage to OHKO a prime defensive threat in Skarmory. Being able to trap and have a 75% chance at KOing the metal bird, Magneton fits all the requirements I needed.

I needed a great sweeper. Clearly, the only choice is Salamence. Being able to tear apart teams with 135/110 offenses, Salamence truly is a force to be reckoned with.

Now that i've got my main go-to sweeper, I needed a fast late-game sweeper to clean up the remainder of the opponent's team. Aerodactyl fits this role perfectly, with a great 105 base Attack and a blazing fast 130 base Speed.

Snorlax is a great special wall. It has great offensive prowess, can bolster it's defense using Curse, and overall can take some special hits that the rest of my team struggles with.

I wanted a Pokemon that has good defenses and can dish out equally good damage. The first thing that came to mind was Metagross. With an amazing base 135 Attack stat, a base 130 Defense stat and a respectable 90 base Special Defense, Metagross is the definition of a powerhouse.

THE TEAM

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Swampert is a very bulky Pokémon and a reliable check to Tyranitar, Salamence and Metagross, among other things. Earthquake can deal a lot of damage to stuff like Jirachi and Metagross. Ice Beam is required to get the OHKO on Salamence. Hydro Pump allows Swampert to deal 50% to standard Skarmory and to deal good damage on Gengar. Protect lets Swampert scout for status and scout for HP Grass on T-Tar, Metagross and Magneton.

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass] Hidden Power [Fire]
- Endure
- Screech Thunder Wave

EndSalac Magneton is a great set. It turns the tables on Dugtrio and can revenge kill some Dragon Dance users such as Tyranitar using Endure, all while still maintaining the ability that made the standard set great - trapping and removing Skarmory. The way that it counters Dugtrio is as follows: Dugtrio traps Magneton, Magneton uses Endure to not get decimated by EQ. Salac Berry activates, and with the given EV spread, allows Magneton to outspeed Dugtrio and get the OHKO with HP Grass. Thunderbolt is a great STAB move, hitting most things really hard. Hidden Power Fire allows Magneton to take care of Forretress, and even though the loss of HP Grass means that Magneton can no longer counter Dugtrio, most Dugtrios will switch after the Salac boost anyways. Endure guarantees that Magneton will survive any attack the opponent throws at it, allowing Salac Berry to activate. Screech allows Magneton to soften up an opponent so that a teammate can clean up, allowing me to regain momentum. Most of my mons are physical as well, meaning that almost all of my team members can clean up after the Screech.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw

MixMence allows Salamence to get a wider arrange of coverage. It has high unpredictability factor as most assume the Dragon Dance set. Due to this, it works magnificently. Hidden Power Grass is great for luring fiends like Swampert and OHKOing. Fire Blast removes most Steel-types. Brick Break allows Salamence to defeat Blissey. Without it, he would be left absolutely walled by it. Dragon Claw is a highly reliable spammable STAB move.

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Simply put, Salamence is a force to be reckoned with. After only one Dragon Dance, he can outspeed almost all, if not all, threats in the ADV OU metagame and hit extremely hard in return using his wide array of moves at his disposal. Hidden Power Flying is Salamence's best physical STAB, and therefore it is his go-to move for a strong attack. Earthquake is nice for pounding the Steel and Rock-types in the metagame that resist HP Flying as well as being a nice move overall, and Rock Slide destroys opposing Flying-types - especially opposing Salamence.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Aerodactyl is used as a late-game sweeper once Magneton and Salamence have done their jobs. He is a speedy fast threat that can destroy the remainder of your opponent's team. Rock Slide is a great STAB move that can defeat opposing Flying-types such as Salamence. Double-Edge is a really strong 120 base power Normal-type move that Aerodactyl gets no recoil from due to the effects of Rock Head. Earthquake is, as stated before, nice for getting rid of pesky Steel and Rock types. Finally, Hidden Power Flying is a more reliable STAB due to Rock Slide's shaky 90% accuracy and it can deal with Grass and Fighting-types (especially Breloom and Heracross).

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Selfdestruct
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball

Snorlax is a prime threat in ADV OU. Being able to sponge powerful special hits that the rest of my team cannot bear to take, along with being a really great offensive threat, Snorlax can destroy a team, under the right circumstances. Curse was made for Snorlax, having high HP and Special Defense, fairly nice Attack, low Defense, and dreadful Speed, Snorlax can boost his already great stats and doesn't really mind the Speed drop. Selfdestruct is a last resort move, and if Snorlax has gotten a few boosts before hand, can pretty much OHKO any mon in the metagame. Earthquake allows Snorlax to beat Metagross, as he is left pretty much helpless against it without it. Finally, Shadow Ball makes sure that Snorlax can't get walled by Gengar, allowing him to defeat it easily.

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 184 Atk / 136 SpA / 188 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
- Giga Drain

Gengar is an immediate speedy fast threat that can sweep an opponents team and then when it's time is up, finish off with a bang. Thunderbolt and Ice Punch form the famous BoltBeam combo, allowing it to effectively get a super effective/neutral hit on every Pokemon in the ADV OU metagame except for Lanturn and Magneton. Explosion is a last resort move, and it works wonders on something as fast as Gengar. However, when using Gengar (and Metagross), it should be used wisely as to not waste a valuable Pokemon on something that another mon' of yours could've cleaned up. Giga Drain is important to nail the threat known as Swampert, who is immune to Thunderbolt and takes very little damage from Ice Punch.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 184 HP / 180 Atk / 16 SpA / 128 Spe 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide Hidden Power Grass
- Explosion

Metagross is a top tier Pokemon in ADV OU, and for good reason. He's reasonably bulky, and he can deal quite a lot of damage. Meteor Mash is a great STAB move that has a nifty bonus in snatching a potential Attack boost. Earthquake is an all around great move and is your best move against Jirachi or opposing Metagross. Hidden Power Grass allows Metagross to deal some hefty damage against Swampert. Explosion is an extremely powerful move (it deals more than 75% damage to most defensive Skarmory) and with a well timed boom I can easily KO their wall, or severely weaken it to the point where a teammate can clean up.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Magneton @ Salac Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Endure
- Screech

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 68 Atk / 132 Def / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Selfdestruct
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball

Metagross @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 180 Atk / 16 SpA / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

LEGEND:
Green = Somewhat of a threat
Yellow = Moderate threat
Red = Major threat

Bulky Water-types (such as Milotic and Suicune) are problematic as they can shut down my Aerodactyl and Salamence with Ice Beam, and they are bulky enough to withstand a few hits. Suicune especially is a problem as it can sweep my team if it gets a couple of Calm Minds up.

I hope you guys can give me some fair criticism about this team. I really hope you guys enjoyed it!

Last edited:

UD

BeerLover
Hello! Nice team. It seems you have a clear preference for fast offensive pokes. There are similar builds to this one - Magneton/Metagross/Salamence/Swampert or Suicune/filler/filler - and this style of team tends to be quite successful in today's metagame.

Where I mention filler in the last two slots, you've put Explosion Gengar and Aerodactyl. Typically one of those spots goes to Heracross and something like Snorlax to sponge the special hits. This isn't a negative remark, just pointing it out.

As it stands right now, your team does look quite weak to opposing Water types, particularly Swampert and offensive Suicune. Swampert especially hard walls Metagross, Salamence, and Aerodactyl. Swampert vs. Swampert matchups typically are decided based on which Pert started with more HP. Currently, your best bet vs. opposing Pert is Exploding on it with Metagross or hitting it with a surprise HP Grass from Magneton since the standard is HP Fire. Very few, if any, Perts will stay in vs. Gengar since even if Gar isn't carrying Giga Drain, Swampert wants no part of the incoming WoW. Long story short, I recommend adding a Swampert lure somewhere. With the six Pokes you've listed, I'll rank in order from most to least effective:

MixMence
MixMeta
Toxic Swampert
Toxic Aero (lol don't use this)

Adding one of the first three things will significantly improve your chances vs. opposing Swampert. Unfortunately this still leaves you quite weak vs. Suicune carrying CM, Ice Beam, and Hydro Pump. At +1, that Cune can OHKO Magneton, Aero, Gar, and Mence, and would easily win vs. Pert 1v1. Also:

+1 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 275-324 (75.5 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So if your Metagross had taken any damage at all prior to switching in on the CM, chances aren't good that you'll even survive the Hydro Pump in time to Explode.

Anyway, that's all a long way of saying this type of team usually requires Selfdestruct Snorlax to really have a chance vs. opposing specially offensive pokes short of sacking half your team.

I would recommend Snorlax over either Aerodactyl or Gengar. It sounds like you want to keep a presence on the special side of things, so maybe you're willing to drop Aero? If you really like Aero's late game Speed as a threat, then maybe change Salamence to MixMence and then Metagross to Agility Gross.

Also, if you're using Endure Magneton, consider using Screech > Thunder Wave. The way this scenario typically plays out is Magneton kills Skarmory, Dugtrio comes in. You use Endure on the EQ and activate Salac Berry. Opponent realizes he's now slower and will likely eat an incoming HP Ice/Grass if they stay in. Opponent switches to special wall instead. So on that turn that they switch, you can use Screech on, say a Blissey. Now that Blissey can kill you at the expense of having approximately 0 PhyDef, with one of your physical pokes ready to pick up the pieces, and you've completely regained the momentum.

Hope this rate helps! Have fun battling.

Hello! Nice team. It seems you have a clear preference for fast offensive pokes. There are similar builds to this one - Magneton/Metagross/Salamence/Swampert or Suicune/filler/filler - and this style of team tends to be quite successful in today's metagame.

Where I mention filler in the last two slots, you've put Explosion Gengar and Aerodactyl. Typically one of those spots goes to Heracross and something like Snorlax to sponge the special hits. This isn't a negative remark, just pointing it out.

As it stands right now, your team does look quite weak to opposing Water types, particularly Swampert and offensive Suicune. Swampert especially hard walls Metagross, Salamence, and Aerodactyl. Swampert vs. Swampert matchups typically are decided based on which Pert started with more HP. Currently, your best bet vs. opposing Pert is Exploding on it with Metagross or hitting it with a surprise HP Grass from Magneton since the standard is HP Fire. Very few, if any, Perts will stay in vs. Gengar since even if Gar isn't carrying Giga Drain, Swampert wants no part of the incoming WoW. Long story short, I recommend adding a Swampert lure somewhere. With the six Pokes you've listed, I'll rank in order from most to least effective:

MixMence
MixMeta
Toxic Swampert
Toxic Aero (lol don't use this)

Adding one of the first three things will significantly improve your chances vs. opposing Swampert. Unfortunately this still leaves you quite weak vs. Suicune carrying CM, Ice Beam, and Hydro Pump. At +1, that Cune can OHKO Magneton, Aero, Gar, and Mence, and would easily win vs. Pert 1v1. Also:

+1 252+ SpA Suicune Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 275-324 (75.5 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So if your Metagross had taken any damage at all prior to switching in on the CM, chances aren't good that you'll even survive the Hydro Pump in time to Explode.

Anyway, that's all a long way of saying this type of team usually requires Selfdestruct Snorlax to really have a chance vs. opposing specially offensive pokes short of sacking half your team.

I would recommend Snorlax over either Aerodactyl or Gengar. It sounds like you want to keep a presence on the special side of things, so maybe you're willing to drop Aero? If you really like Aero's late game Speed as a threat, then maybe change Salamence to MixMence and then Metagross to Agility Gross.

Also, if you're using Endure Magneton, consider using Screech > Thunder Wave. The way this scenario typically plays out is Magneton kills Skarmory, Dugtrio comes in. You use Endure on the EQ and activate Salac Berry. Opponent realizes he's now slower and will likely eat an incoming HP Ice/Grass if they stay in. Opponent switches to special wall instead. So on that turn that they switch, you can use Screech on, say a Blissey. Now that Blissey can kill you at the expense of having approximately 0 PhyDef, with one of your physical pokes ready to pick up the pieces, and you've completely regained the momentum.

Hope this rate helps! Have fun battling.
Thank you for the rate! Will try it out and see how it goes.

Reactions: UD
hey cool team dude; UD probably said the most important stuff but I'll try to give a useful rate as well.

You have Magneton to help you with removing, Skarmory which helps you restrict the opposing team to hopefully just one layer. But seeing the rest of the team I think Forretress has a good chance of forcing layers on your team, with members like Swampert/Metagross/Salamence all being culprits to different extents. You might want to run HP:Fire Magneton to help you in that regard, and I'd definitely try like HP:Grass MixMence or something.

It's a cool enough team, if a little overly reliant on Metagross to be a way to force out stuff like CurseLax.Something cool you can try is leading Swampert instead of Metagross, which tends to drag in stuff like Skarmory turn 1 a lot, which might give you a really early chance, to remove Skarmory from the game. Offensive Suicune can also be a bit brutal under the wrong conditions, UD's right when saying that these offensive teams at times really lean on stuff like boom Lax to at be able to consistently threat CM Cune and stuff out, which to an extent means trouble with CM Spam. Also the team might have a bit of trouble with opposing Gengar, and Mixed metagross/salamence/tyranitar. Last mon CurseLax is quite irritating, and kind of forces you to really hold on to Metagross in case they ever get a Curse up,which Salamence/Magneton/Swampert all give it to varying degrees.

I'd definitely give Curse Boom Lax a go over Gengar or something, because I feel Aerodactyl really gives you something fast to clean out game for you easily.

I can't really do any major tweaks considering the team, already seems to have a goal in overloading the opponent via physical offense, solid stuff hope it works well!

As it stands, your team suffers from a water/electric weakness syndrome. Everytime Zapdos/Raikou get in you are forced to sacrifice something, before you bring your Aero to threaten them out. You'll be met with Swampert everytime of course, and with the lack of Spikes to put any pressure to their bulky water walls they will be able to rinse repeat before you are worn down.

There's many ways to rectify this issue without having to sacrifice offense. Here's some notes i've scribbled for you:

With such an offensive backbone you cannot rely to have more than one Choice Bander. Every time you retreat from a locked move you are getting heavily punished. Choice Band Metagross is not necessarily that needed since you get rid of Skarmory anyway. With Magneton getting rid of Skarmory, Metagross and Salamence both have to worry most about Swampert. What I'd do in your case is switch Metagross for an HP Grass moveset. This will set you up on the offensive from the get go as you have answers to both of the most popular Metagross counters.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

Regarding EVs:
HP enough to always survive +1 Earthquakes from Tyranitar/Salamence/Metagross/Dugtrio
Speed enough to speed creep the bulkiest Suicune variant and also outspeed most conventional Dragon Dance Tyranitars.
Attack EVs enough to benefit from the +2 stat point owed to the +10% beneficial nature.
206 Special Attack gives you 1% more damage to Swampert than 204 and 205 thus its a good number to sit at. (48.7 - 57.4% on 252/0 Swampert.)

You need to have a very specific reason to use Endure Magneton. If for instance you had Screech > Thunder Wave and Dugtrio or another setup sweeper lined up, it would make sense to use it. As it stands, you survive Dugtrio, but don't do much in return as you are most likely getting met by Blissey/Celebi most of the time. For your team I'd say go Hidden Power Fire and give it 252/252/4 in SpA/Spd/Def respectively. Use Magnet as well as your item. That way you minimize Spikes coming from both Skarmory and Forretress, the latter would be severely problematic for you otherwise. Magnet also gives you a 75% to KO Skarmory which is huge. Other benefits involve 2HKOing Tyranitar. Thus Tyranitar can only setup once on your Magneton (even if it has Lum to take your Thunder Wave) and you can then revenge it with Aerodactyl if it remained at +1.

The 252/252/4 Salamence can be significantly improved for your team. Use this instead:

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 Atk / 152 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This spread allows you to always survive 236 Ice Beam from Swampert and Milotic, i.e your biggest walls. What that means is you get to hit it twice instead of once. You are looking to get an extra 40% folly on Swampert opening your sweep potential to when Swampert is at ~ 60% (counting Protect). This spread will synergy well with HP Grass Gross as well. Make sure you use the IVs I've listed.

Between Aero Gar and Pert, I'd most likely switch out Gengar for something that would help your Water/Electric weakness. A standard Curselax would help you just nicely. If you opt to remove Swampert out as well a Curse Return Shadow Ball Selfdestruct moveset would probably be the best here to maximize your Magneton's value along with minimizing Tyranitar's setup options (Boom OHKOes Tyranitar at +1).

The final change is up to you. Changing Swampert for Tyranitar would add Sand to increase the pressure your team applies and would also add another setup sweeper that benefits from the absence of Swampert. In fact I think this is possibly the best option. A Dragon Dance Tyranitar with enough bulk to afford to sponge an electric attack in a pinch once Snorlax is out. This spread by Ojama might work for you.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 48 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]

So the final team lineup would look something like:
HP Grass Gross / HP Fire Magnet Magneton / DDMence / DDtar / Aero / Snorlax

Having Gyara > Aero would make this team the famous IPL DD team but that team also has issues with offensive boltbeaming. By having Aero you gain advantage against speedy boltbeaming but lose defensive coverage against the waters in this case.

Alternatively, I can see a CB Flygon working just as well for you over Aero if you decide to keep Swampert. This would provide you with the pertgon combo that walls the majority of electrics. You will still take a hefty amount of damage everytime an enemy Swampert or Water is in however.

Hope you found this rate helpful. Comments were written for the original team posted.

Last edited:
hey cool team dude; UD probably said the most important stuff but I'll try to give a useful rate as well.

You have Magneton to help you with removing, Skarmory which helps you restrict the opposing team to hopefully just one layer. But seeing the rest of the team I think Forretress has a good chance of forcing layers on your team, with members like Swampert/Metagross/Salamence all being culprits to different extents. You might want to run HP:Fire Magneton to help you in that regard, and I'd definitely try like HP:Grass MixMence or something.

It's a cool enough team, if a little overly reliant on Metagross to be a way to force out stuff like CurseLax.Something cool you can try is leading Swampert instead of Metagross, which tends to drag in stuff like Skarmory turn 1 a lot, which might give you a really early chance, to remove Skarmory from the game. Offensive Suicune can also be a bit brutal under the wrong conditions, UD's right when saying that these offensive teams at times really lean on stuff like boom Lax to at be able to consistently threat CM Cune and stuff out, which to an extent means trouble with CM Spam. Also the team might have a bit of trouble with opposing Gengar, and Mixed metagross/salamence/tyranitar. Last mon CurseLax is quite irritating, and kind of forces you to really hold on to Metagross in case they ever get a Curse up,which Salamence/Magneton/Swampert all give it to varying degrees.

I'd definitely give Curse Boom Lax a go over Gengar or something, because I feel Aerodactyl really gives you something fast to clean out game for you easily.

I can't really do any major tweaks considering the team, already seems to have a goal in overloading the opponent via physical offense, solid stuff hope it works well!
Thank you for the rate! Added to the RMT.

As it stands, your team suffers from a water/electric weakness syndrome. Everytime Zapdos/Raikou get in you are forced to sacrifice something, before you bring your Aero to threaten them out. You'll be met with Swampert everytime of course, and with the lack of Spikes to put any pressure to their bulky water walls they will be able to rinse repeat before you are worn down.

There's many ways to rectify this issue without having to sacrifice offense. Here's some notes i've scribbled for you:

With such an offensive backbone you cannot rely to have more than one Choice Bander. Every time you retreat from a locked move you are getting heavily punished. Choice Band Metagross is not necessarily that needed since you get rid of Skarmory anyway. With Magneton getting rid of Skarmory, Metagross and Salamence both have to worry most about Swampert. What I'd do in your case is switch Metagross for an HP Grass moveset. This will set you up on the offensive from the get go as you have answers to both of the most popular Metagross counters.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

Regarding EVs:
HP enough to always survive +1 Earthquakes from Tyranitar/Salamence/Metagross/Dugtrio
Speed enough to speed creep the bulkiest Suicune variant and also outspeed most conventional Dragon Dance Tyranitars.
Attack EVs enough to benefit from the +2 stat point owed to the +10% beneficial nature.
206 Special Attack gives you 1% more damage to Swampert than 204 and 205 thus its a good number to sit at. (48.7 - 57.4% on 252/0 Swampert.)

You need to have a very specific reason to use Endure Magneton. If for instance you had Screech > Thunder Wave and Dugtrio or another setup sweeper lined up, it would make sense to use it. As it stands, you survive Dugtrio, but don't do much in return as you are most likely getting met by Blissey/Celebi most of the time. For your team I'd say go Hidden Power Fire and give it 252/252/4 in SpA/Spd/Def respectively. Use Magnet as well as your item. That way you minimize Spikes coming from both Skarmory and Forretress, the latter would be severely problematic for you otherwise. Magnet also gives you a 75% to KO Skarmory which is huge. Other benefits involve 2HKOing Tyranitar. Thus Tyranitar can only setup once on your Magneton (even if it has Lum to take your Thunder Wave) and you can then revenge it with Aerodactyl if it remained at +1.

The 252/252/4 Salamence can be significantly improved for your team. Use this instead:

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 Atk / 152 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

This spread allows you to always survive 236 Ice Beam from Swampert and Milotic, i.e your biggest walls. What that means is you get to hit it twice instead of once. You are looking to get an extra 40% folly on Swampert opening your sweep potential to when Swampert is at ~ 60% (counting Protect). This spread will synergy well with HP Grass Gross as well. Make sure you use the IVs I've listed.

Between Aero Gar and Pert, I'd most likely switch out Gengar for something that would help your Water/Electric weakness. A standard Curselax would help you just nicely. If you opt to remove Swampert out as well a Curse Return Shadow Ball Selfdestruct moveset would probably be the best here to maximize your Magneton's value along with minimizing Tyranitar's setup options (Boom OHKOes Tyranitar at +1).

The final change is up to you. Changing Swampert for Tyranitar would add Sand to increase the pressure your team applies and would also add another setup sweeper that benefits from the absence of Swampert. In fact I think this is possibly the best option. A Dragon Dance Tyranitar with enough bulk to afford to sponge an electric attack in a pinch once Snorlax is out. This spread by Ojama might work for you.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 48 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]

So the final team lineup would look something like:
HP Grass Gross / HP Fire Magnet Magneton / DDMence / DDtar / Aero / Snorlax

Having Gyara > Aero would make this team the famous IPL DD team but that team also has issues with offensive boltbeaming. By having Aero you gain advantage against speedy boltbeaming but lose defensive coverage against the waters in this case.

Alternatively, I can see a CB Flygon working just as well for you over Aero if you decide to keep Swampert. This would provide you with the pertgon combo that walls the majority of electrics. You will still take a hefty amount of damage everytime an enemy Swampert or Water is in however.

Hope you found this rate helpful. Comments were written for the original team posted.
Sorry for the long wait. Added your Metagross and swapped HP Grass on Magneton for HP Fire. Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)