SM UU Divine Sandstorm

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
AWAKEN, MY MASTERS

Introduction
Hey, everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted an RMT (since the end of ORAS, in fact). With the release of USUM and the ending of a chapter of Generation 7, I felt it appropriate to post a team that I feel represents several important aspects of SM UU over the course of its development. Divine Sandstorm is a Sand balance team that focuses on using hazard pressure and other residual damage to punish switches, wear down opposing teams, and create opportunities for the team's offensive members to wallbreak, sweep, or clean. Throughout the course of Generation 7, balance has endured considerable pressure. The introduction of both a number of new offensive Pokemon and, more importantly, the Z-Move mechanic, has left balance in a state where many claim it is a dead playstyle, or that it is unviable. While I consider this sentiment extreme, I do think that balance is significantly weaker than offense and stall and that the various playstyles would better approach parity in a healthier meta. The sheer number of offensive and defensive tools that players can bring to bear upon their opponents in SM requires builders to think carefully when choosing Pokemon. Every Pokemon on the team must either provide significant amounts of both offensive and defensive utility or unusually large amounts of either. Every Pokemon that channels the Divine Sandstorm fulfills one of the above criteria.

This team's strategy is simple: Identify which offensive threat is best suited to ending the game, set up hazards, protect them, use hazards and the other offensive options to break down the opposing team, check opposing threats as necessary, and finish the game with the offensive Pokemon originally identified. As with all teams, some matches will require adjustments in play and it is important to adapt as games go on instead of tunneling on a particular way of winning the game, but the team's fundamental strategy is very straightforward. As a result of its construction, easily-executable play pattern, ability to control the game through multiple types of status, and use of an underrated threat many players aren't prepared for, this team has managed to succeed in both ladder play and test matches. I earned reqs for the Latiasite vote with this team and have won multiple test matches against players considered notable UU tournament contenders. The main aspect of this team that can trip players up is the necessity of accounting for the presence of sand. The player must be aware of how many turns Stoutland has to make use of Sand Rush and factor the residual damage sand does to Jellicent and Latias into his or her calculations.

The team's name is a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency. Wamuu, one of the antagonists, the Pillar Men (whose theme music is featured in the link attached to the image), uses a technique called Divine Sandstorm, demonstrated here.

Teambuilding Process

I'd seen a lot of people use this hazard stacking core successfully and wanted to try it out. This defensive core has a lot of inherent synergy. Hippowdon sets up Stealth Rock, provides residual damage with Sand Stream, and shuffles the opposing team around with Whirlwind. Klefki sets up Spikes, provides residual damage with Toxic, and checks faster threats with Thunder Wave. Jellicent protects the hazards by blocking Rapid Spin and Taunting Defoggers, provides residual damage with Will-O-Wisp, and helps break down bulkier teams by Taunting their members to prevent them from recovering off hazard damage.

I noticed that the team was kind of slow at the beginning and felt that Mega Aerodactyl would serve as a strong form of speed control that also benefited from hazard support. Since I already had several components of a solid sand team, I decided to add Stoutland as a breaker/cleaner that could benefit from the residual damage that this team provides.

I selected Latias as the final Pokemon for several reasons. I wanted more speed and specially offensive presence, I lacked a Z-Move, and wanted a primary or secondary resistance to a number of threatening offensive types, such as Ground, Water, Electric, and Grass.

The Team

Esidisi (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is the first component of my defensive core and hazard-stacking strategy. It plays a major role in this team's success, due to its utility and defensive presence. Most importantly, it enables Stoutland to become a real threat rather than a mediocre wallbreaker. It also helps Mega Aerodactyl find opportunities to set up by increasing its special bulk. Additionally, Hippowdon's durability allows it to shuffle the opposing team effectively because many Pokemon can't do meaningful damage to it. Its impressive mixed bulk allows it to check a number of prominent Pokemon, like Mega Manectric, Cobalion, and Mega Beedrill. It can serve as a soft answer to a lot of other Pokemon that it doesn't necessarily win against in a 1v1 situation by surviving a hit and phazing with Whirlwind and provides the team with some additional insurance against threats like Latias, Hydreigon, and Scizor.

Hippowdon also gives me some counterplay against VoltTurn if I use it correctly, thanks to its Electric immunity. It serves as a hard stop against Mega Manectric, allows me to stop Rotom-W from gaining momentum if I predict and play around it correctly. Switching Hippowdon in on a Volt Switch allows me to scout the set through residual sand damage. If it recovers HP with Leftovers, I have to choose between going to Latias on the Hydro Pump or staying in if I think it will Volt Switch again. This choice is context-dependent and is based on what I know about my opponent and how the game has gone so far. If it does not recover HP, I have to assess the rest of the opposing team and decide whether the Rotom-W is holding Waterium Z or a Choice item. If I think it's Waterium Z, I have to play out the scenario I described above, except that I go into Jellicent instead of Latias on the Hydro Vortex and then back to Hippowdon on the Volt Switch. If I make the correct choices, I can burn the opposing Z-move and force the Rotom-W to take several turns of sand damage. If I think the opponent is running a Choice item, I can do whatever seems appropriate, whether that is setting up Stealth Rock, using Whirlwind to shuffle the opposing team, recovering HP, catching an incoming switch-in with Earthquake, or simply doubling out to something that threatens the opposing Hippowdon answer. It's far from perfect counterplay, but anything that gives me the chance to outplay an archetype that threatens this team is valuable.

The moveset and EV spread are fairly simple. Stealth Rock is an obligatory move on any team and provides passive damage on almost every Pokemon. Earthquake is a powerful STAB move with good coverage and hits fairly hard off of Hippowdon's high base Attack. Slack Off allows Hippowdon to stay healthy through out the match in order to keep sand up, check opposing threats, and shuffle the opposing team around with Whirlwind. Whirlwind also enables Hippowdon to serve as something of a panic button against certain offensive threats, as it can take a hit and then force them out. I've considered Toxic over Whirlwind to deal with Pokemon like Rotom-W and Mega Aerodactyl, but currently find Whirlwind to be more valuable, due to the emphasis this team places on hazard pressure. The EV spread comes from the early days of SM UU, where Specs Raikou was a significant threat. The HP investment maximizes overall bulk. The investment in Special Defense prevents Specs Raikou from 2HKOing Hippowdon from full health and allows Hippowdon to leverage its massive base HP to take many other special hits. The remaining EVs and an Impish nature take advantage of Hippowdon's high Defense and hit a jump point. Leftovers provides Hippowdon with passive recovery.

I chose this name because Esidisi, the second-in-command of the Pillar Men, takes a more supportive role in comparison to Kars and Wamuu. His efforts are ultimately very important his comrades, just as Hippowdon's are for the rest of the team.

Kars (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Klefki is the second component of my defensive core and hazard-stacking strategy. Like Hippowdon, its utility and defensive presence are very important to this team. Its typing and access to Prankster status allows it to serve as my panic button against Pokemon like Latias, Mega Altaria, and other setup sweepers if they seem to be getting out of hand. It also serves as my primary check to Pokemon like Hydreigon, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Sceptile, and as a backup check to Pokemon like Mega Beedrill and Mega Aerodactyl in the event that I just need to paralyze them and can trade Klefki to do so. Klefki's main jobs are to set up Spikes, check relevant threats, and provide either residual damage or speed control through the appropriate status. As a result, I tend to bring it in a lot and it is often not one of the Pokemon still standing at the end of the match. Whether or not preserving Klefki is appropriate depends on how useful it is in a given matchup: the player must take into account the possibility it is needed to check an opposing threat or threats in the endgame and the effectiveness with which the opposing player can remove hazards.

The moveset and EVs are standard. Spikes punish switches through residual damage and wear down opposing teams. Thunder Wave and Toxic allow Klefki to check threatening Pokemon (fast Pokemon can be paralyzed and revenge killed, other threats can be badly poisoned and then switched around by the rest of the team). Dazzling Gleam gives Klefki a way of hitting Dark-types like Hydreigon and Mega Sharpedo, since they are immune to Prankster. The EV spread maximizes special bulk and enables Klefki to take on Latias and other special attackers as effectively as possible, but I've been considering adding enough Defense to avoid a 2HKO from Adamant Mega Sharpedo's Waterfall, although this will leave me more vulnerable to specially-oriented Fairy-types like Primarina. 8 Speed EVs allows Klefki to outspeed a paralyzed Latias. Leftovers provides Klefki with passive recovery and is its only way of recovering HP.

Kars, the leader of the Pillar Men, primarily fights with Light Mode, a method of fighting that revolves around the use of reflective blades. Since Klefki uses Spikes and Dazzling Gleam, the comparison seemed appropriate.

Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Jellicent is the third component of my defensive core and hazard-stacking strategy. Its main purpose is to prevent opponents from using Rapid Spin to clear my hazards. Jellicent also serves additional functions within this team, including breaking down bulkier builds with Taunt, Hex, and Will-O-Wisp, checking threatening offensive Pokemon like Scizor, Primarina, and Mega Aerodactyl, and preventing Defog through Taunt. With the combination of sand damage, status, and Hex, I can often wear down opposing sources of hazard removal and set up Stealth Rock or Spikes repeatedly.

Jellicent's innate bulk and defensive typing allow it to check many Pokemon that my team would otherwise struggle with. It is my primary Scizor answer and my best way of handling most Water- and Fighting-types. Against passive bulky Water-types, I can switch in on a predicted Scald, recover some HP with Water Absorb, and Taunt to prevent a Toxic or other utility move, burn either the Water-type or the switch-in with Will-O-Wisp, or simply click Hex if I think I'm likely to hit something that's already afflicted with status. Water Absorb is particularly useful for dealing with CroCune, as I can Taunt it and stall it out of Scalds and/or force it to rest and take advantage of the free turns. CroCune, while very scary for unprepared teams, is not too much of an issue for this one if Jellicent is used correctly. Beating it is a straightforward, if tedious, process. If I can find a way to get a layer of Spikes or Stealth Rock up, I can double into Jellicent as most Defoggers come in and prevent them from clearing my hazards.

Jellicent's EV spread maximizes physical bulk and Leftovers recovery and ensures that Jellicent can outspeed minimum speed Pokemon with base 70 Speed. This is particularly useful to prevent Mantine from Defogging. This spread ignores any creep I or anyone else may want to run, so the user can adjust it as they wish. Leftovers provide passive recovery that offsets sand damage. Will-O-Wisp spreads burn and cripples physical attackers. It is particularly important to burn Empoleon in order to nullify its Leftovers recovery and ensure that any additional damage it takes from hazards or attacks sticks. Hex provides a STAB move that synergizes well with Will-O-Wisp and the status that Klefki inflicts. Taunt prevents opponents from using moves like Defog and Toxic and allows Jellicent to break stall. Recover keeps Jellicent healthy.

Caesar Zeppeli is one of the protagonists of Battle Tendency. He fights using bubbles to convey destructive energy. His introduction also involves him taunting the other protagonist. As a result, I felt that Jellicent was the Pokemon on this team that fit him best.

Lisa Lisa (Latias) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunder

Latias is this team's primary source of special damage and its secondary general-purpose breaker. Calm Mind + Z-Move Latias has been one of the most prominent threats in the tier since roughly the beginning of UUPL V. Latias in general possesses considerable offensive and defensive utility regardless of (viable) set, thanks to its stat spread, typing, movepool, and ability. Its high Speed and Special Attack stats allow it to create offensive pressure with its powerful STABS, access to Calm Mind, and impressive coverage options, especially when holding a Z-Crystal, while its 80/90/130 defenses, access to reliable recovery, and resistances to many common attacking types give it the freedom to switch in repeatedly over the course of a battle.

On this team, Latias's main duty is either to present a specially based threat or to serve as an offensive check to various common Pokemon. I often use it in the earlygame or midgame to break through Steel-types like Scizor and Empoleon that make it harder for Stoutland to spam Return. The importance of removing Steel-types for this team is the reason I chose Electrium Z and Thunder. A +1 Gigavolt Havoc OHKOs offensive Scizor sets, does a minimum of 80% to 248 HP / 136 SpD Scizor, OHKOs specially defensive Empoleon, does a minimum of 69% to specially defensive Klefki (which is easily chipped and doesn't KO back, so Latias can remove it with Thunder the next turn), OHKOs Cobalion and Doublade after Stealth Rock, and removes threats like Primarina, Mega Blastoise, and Sharpedo (as it Protects).

Latias is also very useful as an offensive check to common Pokemon like Rotom-W, Infernape, and certain Gliscor variants. Its typing and innate special bulk grant it opportunities to switch in on common attacks and either set up or fire off attacks, although that typing does leave it vulnerable to Pursuit trapping. Fortunately, 4 other members of the team can take advantage of Muk-Alola in some capacity, and Jellicent can take on other common Pursuit users like Scizor, Metagross, and Mega Aerodactyl. Hippowdon sets up Stealth Rock freely on Muk-Alola, doesn't mind losing Leftovers or being poisoned, wears it down with sand, and can KO with Earthquake at need. Klefki can also set up hazards more or less at will, although it dislikes losing its Leftovers. Stoutland can force it out with a powerful Return, while Aerodactyl can set up on it and threaten to sweep.

Latias's EV spread maximizes its specially offensive potential. Calm Mind is its best available boosting move and gives it the power it needs to muscle past the Steel-types that give this team trouble. Draco Meteor and Psychic are standard STAB moves. Psyshock is a potential option over Psychic to bypass Blissey, but probably isn't worth it without Life Orb. Z-Thunder provides coverage on Steel-types and threatening offensive Water-types.

This was the easiest name to decide on. Lisa Lisa is the martial arts master who trains Joseph and Caesar before their battles with the Pillar Men. She's fast, powerful, smart, and skilled, and makes short work of most enemies she faces.

Joseph Joestar (Stoutland) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

Stoutland is this team's primary breaker and secondary cleaner. Players often struggle to handle it because it's an uncommon threat and because Sand Rush doubles its Speed in sand. STAB Return, combined with 110 base Attack, helps Stoutland break all but the bulkiest physical walls that do not resist the move, especially with entry hazard support. Stoutland can outspeed most offensive Pokemon under sand, although it loses to Choice Scarf users like Latias and Infernape. This makes it immensely threatening to offensive teams, as many of them rely on outspeeding opposing threats instead of taking hits. As I said in the introduction, Stoutland finds a place on this team despite its lack of defensive utility (while it does have decent uninvested bulk that lets it take a neutral hit or two, its typing leaves much to be desired) as a result of its impressive offensive presence. It creates value for the user against all archetypes if used correctly, as it can break, clean, or revenge kill, depending on the matchup.

Return is Stoutland's primary STAB move. Superpower covers most Steel-types, while Crunch hits the Ghost-types that are immune to both of the previous moves. Facade lets Stoutland take advantage of status, but I rarely used it because I forgot it was there. It's probably the superior option, since it does more damage to Pokemon like Gliscor and Alomomola if Stoutland suffers from a status condition, but it can be replaced with Pursuit for trapping or Fire Fang to hit Scizor. Sand Rush is the crux of this set and doubles Stoutland's Speed while sand is up. Choice Band and an Adamant nature let Stoutland hit as hard as possible. I considered Life Orb and/or Jolly, but I didn't feel the need to switch moves often enough to justify the loss in power, the recoil didn't help a Pokemon that's already heavily susceptible to residual damage, and this team has ways of handling every Choice Scarf user that outspeeds Stoutland anyway.

Stoutland is Joseph Joestar, the main character of Battle Tendency, because Joseph is a British character descended from both English and Scottish lines and so is Stoutland (Stoutland is derived from English and Scottish terrier breeds). Additionally, Joseph is a quirky, creative, surprisingly dangerous combatant whose opponents often dangerously underestimate him. Stoutland is an underrated threat that most players aren't as familiar with as they are with the Pokemon that define the tier.

Wamuu (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl is the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier and my primary source of speed control. While most Mega Aerodactyl sets run 4 attacks, Hone Claws is an underrated threat and fits well on this team. The Special Defense boost it gets for being in sand provides it with expanded setup opportunities, it benefits from Spikes support, and the rest of the team can effectively wear down its defensive checks. Hazards, Jellicent, Latias, and Stoutland all effectively pressure the bulky Water-types like Swampert, Seismitoed, Suicune, and Gastrodon that check Mega Aerodactyl.

Mega Aerodactyl's typing doesn't provide it with a ton of useful resistances, but it has enough valuable resistances to provide some defensive utility in conjunction with its decent defensive stats, especially in sand. Its main source of utility comes from its speed and ability to revenge kill. I tend to either save Mega Aerodactyl for later on in the game (if I think it's my best way of closing out the match) and wait until its checks are weakened or bring it out early on in response to Pokemon like Mega Pidgeot or Togekiss. If Mega Aerodactyl is forced to serve a defensive role early, I adapt accordingly and develop endgame plans for Stoutland or Latias.

Hone Claws is my setup move and turns the powerful, inaccurate Stone Edge into a reliable STAB option. Earthquake and Aqua Tail provide coverage on Pokemon that resist Stone Edge. Earthquake hits Steel-types, while Aqua Tail covers Ground-types. I've considered running a 4 attacks set with either Pursuit or Wing Attack, or even Roost for additional longevity (which is something I like a lot more in ORAS than in SM. I feel that Mega Aerodactyl needs too much coverage in SM to get the most out of Roost), but I like the additional breaking power Hone Claws provides. The EV spread is standard and maximizes physical offensive power.

Mega Aerodactyl is named after Wamuu, the third Pillar Man. Wamuu is a consummate warrior, the most dangerous of the Pillar Men in direct combat, who fights using a style called Wind Mode, which includes techniques like the Divine Sandstorm the team is named for. As a Flying-type empowered by sandstorm, Mega Aerodactyl seemed like an excellent match.

Threat List
I'm not including an exhaustive threat list. Instead, I'll just list some Pokemon or categories of Pokemon that the team struggles to deal with and how I play around them.

Opposing Hazard Stacking: Since I lack Defog or Rapid Spin and only two of my Pokemon have reliable recovery, I'm vulnerable to opposing hazard stacking builds. My usual plan is to either get my hazards out faster and wear them down, sometimes pressuring them to clear their own hazards away with Defog because I have the advantage in the hazard war, or to build and maintain enough pressure with Jellicent, Latias, and Stoutland to prevent them from setting up layers of hazards.

Scizor:
While I technically have Jellicent, Hippowdon, and Electrium-Z Latias, Scizor can still be an issue, particularly offensive Knock Off variants. I can usually wear offensive variants down with hazard pressure and Life Orb recoil and Jellicent is a hard stop to defensive versions, but U-turn can be annoying.

Rotom-W: This Pokemon is the main reason I've been considering Toxic on Hippowdon. Latias defeats it fairly easily in a 1v1 matchup, but it's often paired with a trapper and can Volt Switch its way into an advantageous matchup. I can block Volt Switch with Hippowdon, but that's a risky proposition at best. I try to get Stealth Rock up as early as possible against Rotom-W and inflict either Toxic (preferably) or burn (if necessary) on it as soon as I find an opportunity. Otherwise, I try to bait out moves other than Volt Switch and take advantage of them to gain momentum. Either Stoutland or Mega Aerodactyl can usually bring it into the other one's KO range.

Mega Sharpedo: Waterfall variants 2HKO Klefki, which is why I've thought about running more Defense. Hippowdon can take a hit and phaze it and it's pretty susceptible to hazard damage and sand, but it can do a number on the team with the right set. If I can force it to Mega Evolve and then phaze it out, it's a lot less annoying, since Latias, Mega Aerodactyl, and Stoutland (in sand) all outspeed an unboosted Mega Sharpedo. Gigavolt Havoc is nice for catching Sharpedo that try to Protect on Latias as well.

Gliscor: Gliscor is really annoying because I can't use status to deal with it and don't have anything that works as a hard counter, especially for Toxic sets. Stealth Rock sets are mildly annoying more than anything and ultimately lose to Stoutland and Mega Aerodactyl in a 1v1 matchup. I can beat Facade sets with Mega Aerodactyl, and also with Latias or Stoutland if necessary. Toxic sets badly poison most of my team and win against Klefki. I can usually let Hippowdon take a Toxic against Substitute + Protect sets and Whirlwind it out, but Taunt makes it harder to deal with. I usually have to let something take the Toxic in exchange for either damage or forcing it out and then try to take the initiative with one of my offensive threats.

Strong Physical Breakers: Unsurprisingly for a balance team, Pokemon like Heracross, Mamoswine, and Crawdaunt are all pretty threatening. Against most physical breakers, I try to predict around them, trade effectively, or double into an appropriate check when I think my opponent is trying to bring one in. Latias can 1v1 all three of the Pokemon I mentioned, although Mamoswine needs a little chip damage and a decent Draco Meteor roll, if it can get in safely. Stoutland pressures the first two in sand and can survive a +2 Aqua Jet from Crawdaunt after Stealth Rock. Mega Aerodactyl at worst trades vs. Mamoswine if both are at full unless it gets an absolutely awful Aqua Tail roll and is almost guaranteed to win vs. Jolly Mamoswine if Mamoswine takes Stealth Rock or Spikes damage at any point (Mamoswine needs Stealth Rock damage on Mega Aerodactyl and a very high Ice Shard roll to KO), assuming Aqua Tail hits. If the opposing Mamoswine is running that awful mixed spread with more investment in Special Attack than Attack, Mamoswine can't KO without critting Ice Shard and is dependent on that, a miss, or a minimum roll to win the matchup.

Strong Special Breakers: Special attackers like Primarina, Mega Blastoise, and Nidoking are also annoying for this team. Again, balance breakers being strong against balance should not be a surprise. Latias, Jellicent, and Klefki can all switch into one of Primarina's STAB moves, but I have to predict correctly. Thankfully, Primarina is susceptible to my team's residual damage, so I generally try to handle it by wearing it down with Stealth Rock, Spikes, and sand, luring it with Latias, and/or forcing it out/removing it with Stoutland or Mega Aerodactyl. Against Mega Blastoise, I switch between Klefki, Latias, and Jellicent, depending on what I think it will do. Rapid Spin is often predictable, so I like to take the opportunity to trade hazards for a chance to switch in Latias or Stoutland (depending on how healthy Mega Blastoise is) for free. Any chip damage I can get on it helps, whether that damage comes in the form of sand, status, or hazards. Nidoking isn't quite as scary, since I have Pokemon that are immune to or resist its STABS and Jellicent makes a decent check, but it can still put in work if it predicts correctly. Stoutland, Latias, Hippowdon, and Mega Aerodactyl can all beat it 1v1 if they can switch in safely.

Conclusion
Thanks for reading! I don't consider this team particularly innovative, nor am I promoting it as something that revolutionized the meta, but I've had a lot of fun using it, I've seen success with it, and I do think it showcases some defining or otherwise relevant elements of the various iterations of the SM UU meta (hazard stacking, sand, Calm Mind Latias, etc.) and hope this helps serve as a written record of the metagame's history in some way. If any reader has any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to respond here or contact me on Smogon, PS!, or Discord. Finally, the following users deserve shoutouts for various reasons:

Accelgor made the art for the RMT and the Divine Sandstorm video clip in the introduction and deserves public recognition for his willingness to take the time out of his busy schedule to do me a favor. He's been one of my best friends on Smogon for a long time now and is always fun to talk to, whether it is about Pokemon or anything else.

Pak used Stoutland sand with Baby Hippo way back in ORAS, and I derived the formula I used to make my first SM sand team from watching him. In addition, he's another close Smogon friend and a great player who still has yet to approach his ceiling. I play a lot of test games with him (even if a bunch of them are in ORAS) and I feel that doing so has helped me learn and improve considerably.

Sacri' is another great player who I enjoy playing test games with. Playing with him forces me to think about the game in new ways and push myself to improve. While he wasn't involved in the creation of this team directly, he is part of the reason I'm motivated to involve myself in UU. He's had a great 2017 in terms of tournament performance, and I hope to see him keep that up throughout 2018.

Eyan bullied me into being more actively involved in QC, which revived my interest in contributing to the site in general and deserves recognition for that, even if he didn't do anything directly related to this team. He's a good friend and an excellent, creative player that I enjoy watching and I hope he can build on his impressive 2017 UU Open run in 2018.

Ark is one of my best friends on this website and the other main reason I've continued contributing to Smogon despite a number of factors that make me not want to. His ability to bully me into doing something useful despite my busy schedule, innate laziness, and general apathy is truly impressive. It's even more impressive that he finds the time and energy to do it along with all the other things he does for the tier and the community.

Pearl is the one who originally inspired me to write an RMT. He mentioned in his own RMT (like his post if you haven't already) that not many people have posted good SM UU RMTs. If I hadn't seen that, I wouldn't have thought of posting my own, since it's a lot of work and I'm busy enough as it is, even on Thanksgiving break. He also gets a shoutout for posting well-formatted RMTs that are a pleasure to read, and I shamelessly borrow elements of his formatting.

Importable
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 HP / 76 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Latias @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunder

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Crunch
- Facade

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)