DOU Analysis Discussion Thread - Full Dex in OP!

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
can I do a jirachi revamp? It's kind of outdated + gives little mention to resistances and stuff. Also the set has safeguard on it, and the team options is just random x type synergy mons rather than mentioning threat synergy and stuff. Also sitrus jirachi? :/ Safety goggles with shuca slash (or in set details) imo. The analysis has little mention of the types of teams jirachi benefits either

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
sylveon/ttar need revamps
-sylveon set is messed up + analysis isn't really on point
-ttar has no mega set + the set is also messed up

*volunteers self*

Hey, could I do a Darkrai revamp? The analysis on site mentions shit like togekiss and ttar, which are hardly relevant, and dont make any mention of a good few of Darkrai's viable support options, such as sub, icy wind, disable, and its nice access to snarl. Also, sash as a viable item isnt mentioned, which is kinda dumb, cuz its the second best item for it, tbh. Also, i promise ill finish this one, sorry about the rotom heat analysis, shay

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, could I do a Darkrai revamp? The analysis on site mentions shit like togekiss and ttar, which are hardly relevant, and dont make any mention of a good few of Darkrai's viable support options, such as sub, icy wind, disable, and its nice access to snarl. Also, sash as a viable item isnt mentioned, which is kinda dumb, cuz its the second best item for it, tbh. Also, i promise ill finish this one, sorry about the rotom heat analysis, shay
Snarl and Icy Wind are frankly bad on Darkrai.
the main problem with snarl and icy wind is just that darkrai isnt very bulky and has a bad defensive typing
I'm pretty skeptical of the rest of the moveset changes too... even for mention in OO.
Maybe a few changes to teammates and checks and counters might be needed if mons like TTar are getting named (I mean it doesn't even counter Wisp Darkrai...) but that's easily done in SCMS. I don't recommend a new analysis period. It's a pretty good one.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i was thinking about a sash support rai a la sash gar but the thing is im not sure id ever pick the better speed tier over the much much better defensive typing. think offense rai is still the only way to go

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I don't think it needs a full revamp, but I was looking through the Jellicent analysis and realized that it fails to mention either of the listed item choices in Set Details, and only talks about Recover even though it's slashed behind Protect. Usage Tips also doesn't mention attacking at all. I also think that Blizzard deserves OO if being used with Mega Abomasnow, but that's not as important.

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Blizzard from Jellicent hits like a paper towel that is so wet that it dissolved

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
typo in rotom-h analysis

"However, is weak to the common Rock- and Water-types in the tier, such as Keldeo, Mega Diancie, an"

needs an "it"

also the spread really should be faster... I know it got a revamp but why is it so slow?? beating suicune/diancie unmega should be like the minumum speed tier, and after that I think going to enough to charizard sounds viable too

I know there's an oo mention but ehh idk

outspeeding suicune and diancie really isnt important, staying in on those really isnt ideal. Also, the bulk is really important for rotom h, because it needs the bulk to be able to check half the things it's supposed to check

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
Just throwing myself out there to say I'd be willing to write up another analysis, but there isn't really an expansive list of candidates since its towards the end of a generation, so I don't know which mon needs one ;_; If I come across an old analysis that needs updating I'll bring it up, or I'll do a joke analysis for a shitty mon if we get desperate.

tr;dr i wanna write another analysis but idk which mons need it

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Was talking with some of the other QC members and we agreed Weavile could use a revamp - have you used it enough to be able to write it up?

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Public Service Announcement:

Redirection should only be listed in Team Options when the set in question uses set-up in some way. This is because everything in the entire metagame would like redirection and it'd be a bother if we list redirection for every set ever; we're only going to list redirection for when it actually matters.

Edited this in to the DOU C&C Guide.

Bughouse

Not sure I agree with this in all cases. Amoonguss is a good Heatran partner, partly because it makes Keldeo, Rotom-W, etc into active liabilities and gives Heatran free subs.

Unless you're counting Substitute as a "set-up" which I guess would be fine too.

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
also it could be introduced as just typing synergies / threat synergy which is a big part of it too

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I talked to thetalkingtree about this and I feel like Salamence deserves a revamp as well. It has been getting a lot usage right now and I feel like we should just revamp it as it looks very outdated (mentioning Pokemon such as Scizor and Mega Manectric which aren't relevant at all anymore), and overall I'd just like to see it being revamped.

what is QC's opinion on this? If it's okay to revamp it I'd love to do it but I'm doing the Mega Gengar revamp right now so i don't know

Checkmater

is a Tiering Contributor
jirachi analysis has a typo in the new c&c section

"Fire-type Pokemon: Fire-types such as Mega Charizard Y, Heatran, Talonflame can take any attack Jirach can hit with and KO back with a powerful STAB move. Fire-types with access to Heat Wave such as Mega Charizard Y and Heatran can also effectively ignore Jirachi's Follow Me."

jirachi analysis has a typo in the new c&c section

"Fire-type Pokemon: Fire-types such as Mega Charizard Y, Heatran, Talonflame can take any attack Jirach can hit with and KO back with a powerful STAB move. Fire-types with access to Heat Wave such as Mega Charizard Y and Heatran can also effectively ignore Jirachi's Follow Me."
fixed this

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
I'm not sure if it has already been brought to your guys' attention, but Camerupt's analysis over hypes the SHIT out of it. It's long overdue for a revamp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)