Double Tapu, Double Terrain (and double help needed)

Hi! Came here looking for some help regarding my Koko-Fini team.

Couldn't play all of the 45 matches of the Feb IC, but ended 15-7 with the following team

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nature Power
- Volt Switch
- Protect

I could say that the team started with this Tapu Koko. I wanted to take advantage of the Terrains, with Nature Power having two options (and more if my opponents have other tapus) and Volt Switch to allow me to control said terrains. For example: having a Tapu Lele as opponent, Psy-Terrain stays, so my pokemon are threatened by a boosted Psychic OHKO, so I can Volt Switch into my Fini, switch the terrain and take that attack. HP Fire is there because of the other member of my core: Tapu Fini. HP Fire can help me taking down Kartana and other grass type. I was really thinking of HP Ice because of coverage, but I identify Kartana as a bigger threat to fini than, for example, Garchomp or other 2x weak to fire pokemon (Nature Power in Misty terrain usually takes non-scarfed Garchomp out quickly). Life Orb ensures tons of damage, though I am kind of thinking placing Normalium Z in this place.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 164 SpA / 44 SpD / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

The other member of the core is Tapu Fini, providing the much useful Misty Terrain for Koko's Nature Power, and preventing any status problems. Pretty standard Fini, with Calm Mind to set up stronger attacks, and Leftovers to provide longevity. EVs provide enough of everything, though maybe a bulkier set could help improving, what do you think? Also thinking into switching to a Specs set.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 188 HP / 164 Def / 156 SpA
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Goodra is the multitask pokemon of the team. Provides the 4 elemental resistances to Water, Fire, Electric and the Grass immunity for many safe switch ins. Resists pretty much everything not being a Life Orb Lele's Moonblast or Fini's Moonblast (both 2HKO, but Goodra is slower). Also, the attacks provides good coverage to lots of Pokemon. Pretty good pokemon, though a little bit more situational.

Arcanine @ Electrium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Max attack Arcanine with Z-Wild Charge. It really helps that Electrium-Z, when facing the likes of Mandibuzz or other flying or water seters. EV's are simple, but the 4HP allows it to resist unboosted Psychic from Lele.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 92 Def / 28 SpA / 140 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Mixed Porygon 2, who helps to take down opposing Garchomps and Trick Room teams. Standard Porygon2 anyway.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Max speed Chomp with focus sash to ensure surving the likes of Ninetails, Porygon or other fairy attacks that can OHKO it. The electric immunity for some of a safe switch in for Fini.

So, after lots of battles with this team, found that mostly one type of teams gave me a lot of trouble: Trick Room teams. Porygon2 didn't help much as, after TR is set, if falls to a Hariyama's CC or just catch a Taunt user. Also, Alolan Marowak gave tons of trouble, since if I don't have Fini or Garchomp, I really can't it hit super effectively with other Pokemon, specially under Trick Room.

So, seeing this, I switched Porygon2 for this guy:

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 68 HP / 196 Atk / 244 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Return
- High Horsepower
- Curse
- Recycle

It can work in and out Trick Room thanks to the bulk and speed respectively, and threatens Marowak after a Curse. Though I am still not very convinced about this, specially taking out Porygon's Ice Beam of the team puts me in a tougher place against Chomp.

Then I faced another problem:

Scarfed or Life Orb Tapu Lele. Went to a PC this very weekend and fell under Lele's power, since I really don't have a way to resist in an efficient way the attacks of a LO Lele, and being faster than Koko is a huge problem actually.

So I am a little bit walled here since I really don't know how can I improve my team. Muk could be a choice for both Marowak and Lele, buth that makes me even more weak to ground.

How do you think my team could improve?

Goodra with Draco Meteor is something i dont like because it wants to stay in and having a lowered Sp.Atk means you will want to switch it out, also does Snorlax get High Horsepower?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)