Battle Spot [Doubles] Cresselia - Hitmontop - MScizor - LandoT - A-Marowak - Golisopod

Hello, i'm new to the smogon forums. I used to be a singles OU player long time a go, but with SM i recently started playing doubles (mostly battle spot rated). I've had a bit experience with doubles in ORAS but i havent been doing OK lately with my now retired team, i droped from 1650s to 1450 rating so i came up with this one.

I consider this to be a balanced team. Scizor, A-Marowak, Golisopod and Lando-T cover each other weakness quiet well and deal tons of damage. I choose either Cresselia or hitmontop to develop the game around one of them.

Ive briefly tried this team for like 4 days and had way better results than my last team, but its hard to beat teams that develop around water types and rain teams. I'm totally open to suggestions and if team is crap you can feel free to say so, just have in mind that i would prefer to keep scizor in the team since he's my favorite.

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Moonlight

Cresselia can deal with a lot of threats existent in doubles spot. Her bulky and ice beam deal with salamence, garchomp and landorus. Trick Room makes golisopod and marowak a big threat.It works with scizor due to BP priority and average speed. Rocky helmet and moonlight works really well to put out some damage.

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Helping Hand
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard

Hitmontop is my alternative support. Instead of picking cresselia for bulkiness, this guys is a more offensive choice and can still prevent EQs on marowak, heatwaves on scizor, rockslide on golisopod, etc. Close combat deals a lot of damage even with a defensive set (impish, no EVs on atk) and can deal with tyranitar, a-persian, etc. Fake Out is nice to set Scizor's SD on first turn and with helping hand it puts out a lot of damage.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Mega Scizor is mostly a fan choice and with hitmontop, its able to set a early SD to weaken opponents, or sweep enemies once fire threats have been dealt with. Golisopod and Amarowak can absorb fire damage targeted at scizor. Hes also a good switch for lando-t to mitigate damage due to his high hp and def.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang

Not much too say about this guy. Really good stats and combined with trick room is a beast. A-marowak can absorb the eletric damage targeted at golisopod, fire damage at scizor and ice damage for lando-t. I'm not really sure about bonemerang here but i feel like its a safe pick for coverage.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Landorus-T with choice scarf can take care of fast threats like mega gengar and tapu koko (HP ice) and Charizard (X/Y). Safe switch for earthquakes that threaten marowak. U-turn helps me out for scouting, always being careful with milotic and bisharp picks.

Golisopod @ Assault Vest
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch
- Leech Life
- Liquidation

Golisopod with assault vest and leech life has a high survavibility and deal tons of damage. When partned with Cresselia it takes a more offensive posture due to trick room. Hitmontop can wide guard from rock slide and boost his damage with helping hand and quickly kill threats like oranguru-torkoal combo. Suckerpunch is my choice to pick low-hp sweepers.

_

Looking forward for your considerations. Thanks in advance.

PS. This thread is a repost, mil pointed that it wasnt in the RMT format so i fixed it and reposted.​

Last edited:
To be honest, it's not that bad of a team. Cresselia and Marowak-A is alright, and the rest of your team just needs a little tweak. Also, bear in mind that Scizor is not an effective Mega. Rather, most players prefer to use its regular form and allow a better-suited mon to Mega-Evolve instead. Anyways, here are some changes that could improve your team:

-->

First of all, you should definitely replace Golisopod with Araquanid. This is because Araquanid has a stronger Water-type STAB, provides Wide Guard, and doesn't have a shitty Ability like Golisopod.

Next up, you should give Landorus-T the item Life Orb or Assault Vest. By doing this, you can use Landorus-T more effectively, and yes, even in Trick Room. Knock Off is also not a bad coverage move, but Superpower will prove to be more effective; Superpower bypasses Wide Guard and hit mons such as Heatran regardlessly.

-->

My last recommendation is replacing Hitmontop with Tapu Bulu. This is because the roles of Hitmontop is already utilized in the team, and your team has a poor matchup against a bulky Water-type. Tapu Bulu resolves such issues. In addition, it halves the damage of EQ for your team. (Marowak-A would love that.)

Last edited:
Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Thanks! What do you think about swaping lando-t for tyranitar? (weakness policy / 252hp/252atk / rock slide, crunch, superpower, protect).

People abuse mega salamence and hyper voice spam at my bracket, so i think tyranitar would be a better choice. It also covers cresselia weakness, but the problem is: near same coverage as bulu except for grass, so i could need to replace for other grass type or never run both together.

And for cresselia, instead of a tank build (helmet, 252hp/252def evs) go for a expert belt with 252hp/252SpAtk and swap moonlight for calm mind or protect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)