Battle Spot Doubles Half-rain

Introduction

I started off with a core of Pelipper and Ludicolo, and then I added in Amoonguss as it appreciates the rain and counters trick room, which can turn tailwind and swift swim against me. I chose Mawile as my mega, as it provides intimidate and two useful STABs in fairy and steel, as well as ridiculously high attack. Landorus was then added due to a lack of raw speed, and to provide earthquake and rock slide. The last slot was a little contested, as I originally had Thundurus-T to provide more damage and an electric type STAB, but after getting destroyed by a Ferrothorn — I switched it to Marowak-Alola. After more experimentation, I found that I would be better with a little more bulk, and so I settled on Heatran.

Teambuilding Process

Ludicolo and Pelipper are the core of the team, as they have excellent synergy with drizzle and swift swim.

Amoonguss was then added in, as it appreciates the rain and counters trick room, which can turn tailwind and swift swim against me

I chose Mawile as my mega, as it provides intimidate and two useful STABs in fairy and steel, as well as ridiculously high attack

Landorus was then added due to a lack of raw speed in the rest of my team, and to provide earthquake and rock slide, which I was otherwise lacking. It also increases the general bulk of my team with intimidate.

The last slot was a little contested, as I originally had Thundurus-T to provide more damage and an electric type STAB, but after getting destroyed by a Ferrothorn — I switched it to Marowak-Alola. After more experimentation, I found that I would be better with a little more bulk, and so I settled on Heatran.

The Team

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out
Ludicolo and Pelipper go together and are my standard leads, as well as being the core of the team. Scald isn't Ludicolo's most powerful STAB (Hydro pump), but it is accurate and does a fair chunk of damage when combined with Life Orb and rain boost. Giga drain is Ludicolo's secondary STAB and provides a bit of health regen. It also shuts down opposing Gastrodon, which is a common answer to rain teams. Ice Beam is there for dragons and Landorus, which Ludicolo can outspeed with swift swim. Fake out allows me to shut down an opposing pokemon and gives Pelipper a chance to use Tailwind.
The EV spread maximises power and bulk while ensuring that Ludicolo can outspeed adamant scarf Landorus in the rain.

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Protect
Pelipper provides Ludicolo with rain and also sets up Tailwind. Scald and Hurricane are the main Stabs (with scald also having a decent 30% burn chance) and hurricane has perfect accuracy in the rain. Hurricane allows me to deal a considerable amount of damage to opposing grass types, such as Venosaur and Amoonguss. Pelipper generally sets up Tailwind and then spams scald with Ludicolo until one of them goes down and can be replaced by Mawile.
EV Spread maximises special attack and speed, and focus sash ensures that Pelipper can get Tailwind up.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Amoonguss completely destroys any opposing trick room team with almost unmatched speed and spore. Outside of this, it provides useful support to Mawile with rage powder and Giga drain is used to provide damage while also healing Amoonguss.
EV Spread maximises defence and minimises speed so Amoonguss can deal with trick room.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
Mawile is my main win condition with the highest attack stat in the game. Play Rough and Iron head are its two main STABs, while Sucker Punch provides useful priority. Protect allows for greater predictions.
The EV spread allows Mawile to outspeed the entire unboosted Metagame under tailwind and adamant scarf Landorus while maximising attack. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP for bulk.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower
Landorus is my main answer to Charizard-Y, as it's natural bulk ensures that it will always survive heat wave, and it can then use rock slide on Charizard. Earthquake is there to take out Pokemon weak to it, while Superpower is useful for some surprise KOs on Pokemon weak to it (such as air balloon Tyranitar or Snorlax)
U-Turn allows Landorus to do some scouting

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect
Heatran was added in due to the lack of fire types on my team. I generally switch it in against Pokemon that can't touch it, and then set up substitute and spam heat wave. I've finished many games with just Heatran left against one or two opponents that can't even break it's sub.

Conclusion
I generally lead with Ludicolo and Pelipper and then bring along Mawile and whichever Pokemon has the best matchup out of the rest. If it looks like a trick room team, I tend to lead with Amoonguss and Mawile. If they have a lot of electric type Pokemon, I normally lead with Landorus and another Pokemon. I've found that my team can be a little weak to opposing Amoonguss, and it is also quite slow in general which is a problem if they also set up Tailwind, or prevent me from setting up mine. I appreciate any criticisms and suggestions you may have, and will read all of your comments.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 50
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)