Doubles OU Aesthetic Thread

shaian

you love to see it
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
May I present to you...
the average conversation between 2 doubles ou players pt. 2:

[21:06:14] %finally: are there good anime tiddies

[21:06:29] +Checkmater: wtf this is 3d girls
[21:06:35] +Checkmater: are you sure ithe right vid

At this point in time I would like to bring everyone's attention to Article III, Section 2, Clause 7.1 of the Smogon Doubles Constitution. I'm certain that you all, being good standing members of the doubles community, are quite familiar with the Smogon Doubles Constitution, but I will restate said clause for the newer members.

Article III, Section 2, Clause 7.1 clearly states that:

"During a #Official DPL Auction, any manager who procures the services of user: finally is henceforth additionally obligated to obtain user: BlueSkiddoWeCanToo. If any manager succeeds in drafting finally without secondarily drafting, trading for, or smuggling in BlueSkiddoWeCanToo, the result will be a forfeiture of all rights to finally and the possibility of further repercussions from the Doubles Illuminati Council."

Anyone saying otherwise is Fake News! Sad!

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As for managers pricing discussion I see a lot of theory talk.
aside from samvgc all of the potential managers would cost between 6k and 13k; in my estimation.
thats a 7k swing, from 'worst' to 'best' manager
if evenly distributed the average price of a manager would be 9.5k
if you want to assume samvgc is a manager and worth 17k then push that average up to 10.75. and that gives you a 11k swing from best to worst

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
That analysis is based on Empirical evidence from last years draft and logical deduction.
I can make those statements being that I have empirical evidence that Sam went for ~16k last year and being that he had a strong year I can logically conclude that he would be worth approximately 17k.
another example is n10sit who went for 10k last year. Throughout the year his tour performance is underwhelming so I can support my argument with facts and logic that he is a 6-7k draft pick

Theoretical is based on ideas. It lacks the evidence and applicable logic
here is an example
[21:18] +Checkmater: there's literally no harm
[21:18] +Checkmater: in making the price for managers 20k
[21:18] +Checkmater: and giving every team 10k more
[21:18] +Checkmater: like
[21:18] +Checkmater: nothing bad will happen
[21:18] +Checkmater: it can only possibly even the playing field
[21:18] +Checkmater: like there's no harm in making the price higher
and making total funds higher by the same amount
Checkmater gives broad statements like "literally no harm", "nothing bad will happen" and he uses numbers that are not supported based on application of evidence, which is what I used.
This sort of tactic is similar to what Donald Trump does. Broad statements and appealing to emotion

check trump.png

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
you literally do not understand what is going on or are purposefully trying to redirect the conversation with pointless bullshit like "this is the conservative choice" like what the fuck does that even mean dude everytime I read your posts about manager pricing I realize it's the least substantive thing in the goddamn universe

I appreciate the memes but quit trying to keep the manager price low because you know you'll 100% buy yourself no matter the price and you don't want anyone else to be able to comparatively benefit

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I get that roasting on n1n1's dpl team is the sick way to get likes but why are people who aren't in the community trying to fish for likes by bringing this up again.
Because if you want to get a half "serious" (at least!) thing going with this tournament you should probably count on serious people to manage teams instead of picking a clown to do it just "for the memes xD"? In the last iteration of this tournament, you literally skipped over makiri's manager sign up post (who, for what it's worth, is an accomplished manager at an SPL level even) just to let someone whose #1 accomplishment is making it to like Round 5 of one out of one million DOU seasonal tournaments manage.

Sorry that I'm not part of the famed DOU circlejerk bud, but it doesn't really take a mastermind to see how retarded this whole train of thought is. Plus, if you legitimately think I posted that just to "farm likes" then you should think about it twice. There are at least 1000 better threads to post in if the sole purpose is to farm likes.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
you should probably count on serious people to manage teams instead of picking a clown to do it just "for the memes xD"? In the last iteration of this tournament, you literally skipped over makiri's manager sign up post (who, for what it's worth, is an accomplished manager at an SPL level even) just to let someone whose #1 accomplishment is making it to like Round 5 of one out of one million DOU seasonal tournaments manage.
you dont know me and you obviously didnt pay attention to last years DPL.
I dont know makiri but I know that hes no where near as passionate about the tournament as I was, or the other managers. I doubt guys who dont actively play doubles year around would have noticed the talent that I noticed, and that startos noticed. Clius and blueskiddo for example

I was manager because I gave those guys a chance with out sacrificing our ability to be in contention for finals every week.

I dont really care if you take a shot at me, but dad1 is correct. You dont care about this tournament, if you did where is your contribution to every other discussion thread on DPL? how active were you last year in DPL? I actually give a fucking shit. If you want to be involved in DPL then make a contribution that isnt just an insult.

until then you are here for likes and theres no reason to believe otherwise

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Because if you want to get a half "serious" (at least!) thing going with this tournament you should probably count on serious people to manage teams instead of picking a clown to do it just "for the memes xD"? In the last iteration of this tournament, you literally skipped over makiri's manager sign up post (who, for what it's worth, is an accomplished manager at an SPL level even) just to let someone whose #1 accomplishment is making it to like Round 5 of one out of one million DOU seasonal tournaments manage.

Sorry that I'm not part of the famed DOU circlejerk bud, but it doesn't really take a mastermind to see how retarded this whole train of thought is. Plus, if you legitimately think I posted that just to "farm likes" then you should think about it twice. There are at least 1000 better threads to post in if the sole purpose is to farm likes.
I was campaigning hard for n1n1 to manage last year and it actually worked out very well in the end, he was as good of a manager as I could have had in DPL (and probably a better one than I could be if I'm gonna be honest!). Just because a lot of people disagree with him doesn't make him a bad person and it doesn't mean he's not a good pick for a team captain

and as much as I like and respect makiri after playing on the Sharks season 5, I think this comment sums up what would have happened last season of DPL, should he have been a team captain:
[6:07 PM] jumpy23: he would actively not give a fuck, tell us all how much fucks he didnt give, draft a bunch of his friends who he got to sign up for 3k because nobody else can draft them or theyll disappear, and then either win and nobody has fun or lose and we may as well have had five teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)