DP Research Thread #6 (Even newer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I am not actually sure where to post this, or even if it is new >_>

If you, for example, have a Pokemon caught in an English GBA game, with the ID and SID 00000 (just an example). If you RNG a .sav in a different language on a DS game, with the same OT (therefore making that Pokemon nicknamable in that game), and rename it, the Trash Bytes will all of a sudden become invalid. I ran a Pokemon nicknamed through this method through Legal.exe, and what do you know, Trash Bytes: Invalid. Pal Parked Pokemon's Trash Bytes work differently to normal Pokemon's, and nicknaming a Pokemon changes the Trash Bytes to DP Trash Bytes. Legal.exe recognises said Pokemon as coming from a GBA, but then the Trash Bytes don't match up. Just a bit of input, for anyone who sees Invalid Trash Bytes on a GBA Pokemon in the future.

P.S. if this is in the wrong place, just tell me :)

If a Pokemon tries to use Transform on an already Transformed Pokemon, Transform will fail. For example, if a wild Ditto transforms into your Smeargle and you switch to your own Ditto and try to Transform into the wild Ditto, the last Transform will fail.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
reference

Snow Cloak will cause Foresight to miss under Hail
Sand Veil will cause Foresight to miss under Sandstorm
Brightpowder will cause Foresight to miss

tested first on SS vs SS then SS vs PT then PT vs PT. each result was the same. out of 50 odd Foresights, about 4 missed in Hail, 7 missed in Sand, and 6 missed with Brightpowder

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Any one know if the very first DP research topics were archived anywhere? I was going to take a look at them to get a better idea of what people would want to know first about BW.

Team Rocket Elite

reference

Snow Cloak will cause Foresight to miss under Hail
Sand Veil will cause Foresight to miss under Sandstorm
Brightpowder will cause Foresight to miss

tested first on SS vs SS then SS vs PT then PT vs PT. each result was the same. out of 50 odd Foresights, about 4 missed in Hail, 7 missed in Sand, and 6 missed with Brightpowder
Could I get more information regarding what you did? I can't seem to recreate a situation where Foresight misses.

First test I did:

Link battle. I think SoulSilver was battle leader.
Single Battle, No Restrictions.

Tyranitar holds a Focus Sash.
One of the Garchomp holds Choice Band
The other Garchomp holds Focus Sash.

Turn 1
SoulSilver opens with Tyranitar to start a Sandstorm
Platinum starts with Lucario.
Tyranitar switches for Garchomp.
Lucario uses Foresight on Garchomp and it works.

Turns 2-25
Garchomp switches for another Garchomp. I switch one Garchomp for the other every turn from here on.

25/25 Foresight work.

Second test with BrightPowder.

Link battle. SoulSilver is battle leader.
Single Battle, No Restrictions.

Tyranitar holds Focus Sash.
Both Garchomp hold Brightpowder.

SoulSilver on left of battle area, Platinum on the right side.

Turn 1

Turns 2-40
Garchomp switches for another Garchomp. I switch one Garchomp for the other every turn from here on.

40/40 Foresight work.

I wanted a bit more data so I did another battle with the same setup:

Turn 1

Turns 2-5

5/5 Foresight work. 45/45 total for the BrightPowder test.

I didn't see a single miss from Foresight.

Foresight doesn't negate the effect of BrightPowder, Sand Veil or Snow Cloak so other attacks can miss. However, to my knowledge, Foresight itself can not miss unless you target something that used Fly or Dive or something like that.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does Forewarn assume the power of Eruption / Water Spout to be 150 or 0?
I didn't test either one of those moves back in my original Forewarn research some years ago, but moves that deal damage are never considered by Forewarn to have a power of 0.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a Pokemon is hit by a recoil move (for instance, Flare Blitz), but receives no damage (for instance, being at 1 HP already and using Endure), does the attacker still receive recoil?

Is there some list of things somewhere that shows what effects fail to happen when a move does no damage?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a Pokemon has Poison Heal and is hit by Toxic, and later loses Poison Heal, are they afflicted with Toxic Poison? If so, does the counter start at 1 or whatever it would be had the Pokemon never had Poison Heal?

If a Pokemon uses Psycho Shift on target without status, but the target is immune to the user's status, does Psycho Shift still remove the user's status?

Team Rocket Elite

If a Pokemon has Poison Heal and is hit by Toxic, and later loses Poison Heal, are they afflicted with Toxic Poison? If so, does the counter start at 1 or whatever it would be had the Pokemon never had Poison Heal?
They are affected with Toxic Poison. The counter is whatever it would have been had the Pokemon never had Poison Heal.

obi

formerly david stone
If a Pokemon uses Destiny Bond, and then switches but is killed by Pursuit, does the Pursuit user faint as well?

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Obi: When a pokemon uses Destiny Bond last so it affects the next turn, if it should switch out the next turn while getting killed by Pursuit, the Pursuiter WILL die also.
I just tested it.

Also, Forewarn counts Eruption/Water Spout's base power as 150 not 0.
Tested.

obi

formerly david stone
If a Pokemon uses Bide, but is blocked from executing it on the second or third turn, what happens? For instance, a Truant Pokemon uses Bide. They loaf on turn 2. Do they select any move on turn 3, making Bide useless? Do they unleash the energy they stored on turn 1 only? Unleash from both turns? Something else?

Can you be flinched out of Biding?

Can you be flinched out of recharging from Hyper Beam?

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Conversion2: When this is used, the pokemon's type randomly changes to a type that resists or is immune to the attack last taken.

A wild Mareep appeared!
Cody sent out Porygon!
Mareep used Thundershock!
Porygon used Conversion2!
Porygon changed to the Grass type!
Mareep used Thundershock!
Porygon used Conversion2!
Porygon changed to the Ground type!

So as you can see, it is randomly chosen from all the types that resist the attacking type of the last move used on the poke.

A pokemon CANNOT be flinched out of the last turn of Bide, nor the second charge turn.
It is also impossible to flinch a pokemon out of recharging Hyper Beam.

yeah the next test should be slightly easier..sleep the target and use whirlpool on it (one of the 6.8 attacks in my previous post)

if bad dreams goes after 6.8, try magnet rise first, it´s easier than outrage...oh well I think it´s impossible to test bad dreams with the 6.9 group when taking into account how sleep talk works

if it´s after magnet rise, try heal block, then embargo...if before magnet rise, try encore then (read below)

also tested one of the bitch trio encore...hell, that was really bad and its position is even worse, 6.9 or 6.10

lefties, leech seed & poison before encore
curse before encore
encore before heal block
encore before magnet rise
whirlpool before encore

what´s left is the test with outrage & friends :/

EDIT: tested with 4 lv.1 gibles holding persim berries using outrage against a togepi in a wireless battle...took a while
outrage confusion before encore ended

EDIT 2:
taunt wore off after leftovers, leech seed and curse
taunt wore off after whirlpool
encore ended before taunt wore off

EDIT 3:
taunt wore off before heal block
disable "pokémon is no longer disabled" after curse
disable before heal block
disable after whirlpool
disable before taunt
uproar "pokémon caused an uproar" & "pokémon calmed down" after curse
uproar after whirlpool
uproar before disable
disable before magnet rise
uproar before encore

so uproar is where outrage is, can´t be used at the same time by the same pokémon

still to do:
- taunt with magnet rise
- disable with encore

EDIT 4:
taunt before magnet rise
disable before encore

I´m done and we´re finished after someone finds the position of bad dreams

End-of-turn effects order:

1.0 Reflect wears off: "your team´s reflect wore off"
1.1 Light Screen wears off: "your team´s light screen wore off"
1.2 Mist wears off: "your team´s mist wore off"
1.3 Safeguard fades: "your team is no longer protected by safeguard"
1.4 Tailwind ends: "your team´s tailwind petered out"
1.5 Lucky Chant: your team´s lucky chant wore off"

2.0 Wish: "pokemon´s wish came true"

3.0 Hail, Rain, Sandstorm, or Sun message

4.0 Dry Skin, Hydration, Ice Body, Rain Dish

5.0 Gravity

6.0 Ingrain
6.1 Aqua Ring
6.2 Speed Boost, Shed Skin
6.3 Black Sludge, Leftovers: "pokémon restored a little HP using its leftovers"
6.4 Leech Seed: "pokémon´s health is sapped by leech seed"
6.5 Burn, Nightmare, Poison Heal, Poison: "pokémon is hurt by poison"
6.6 Flame Orb activation, Toxic Orb activation
6.7 Curse (from a Ghost)
6.8 Bind, Clamp, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Sand Tomb, Whirlpool, Wrap
6.9 End of Outrage, Petal Dance, Thrash, Uproar: "pokémon caused an uproar" & "pokémon calmed down"
6.10 Disable ends: "pokémon is no longer disabled"
6.11 Encore ends
6.12 Taunt wears off
6.13 Magnet Rise
6.14 Heal Block: "the foe pokémon´s heal block wore off"
6.15 Embargo
6.16 Yawn
6.17 Sticky Barb

7.0 Doom Desire, Future Sight

8.0 Perish Song

9.0 Trick Room

10.0 Pokemon is switched in (if previous Pokemon fainted)
10.1 Toxic Spikes
10.2 Spikes
10.3 Stealth Rock
I have a Darkrai and am willing to test the position of bad dreams, however school starts tomorrow for me, so it may have to wait until the weekend to get finished. (Edit: I had the time, and it's done.)

Just learned something today, rather randomly. I was in Trainer House with a Giratina-O against a Espeon. Giratina used Shadow Force, Espeon used Future Sight. Three turns later, I got the "Giratina took the Future Sight attack!" but then the message "But it failed!" This suggests that if there is no target on the field during the FS move, it will fail. This should also apply to moves like Dig, Fly, Bounce, and other two-turn moves.

The Future Sight move page does not mention this so I thought I'd bring it here.

obi

formerly david stone
Future Sight has an accuracy of 90%. If it misses, the message displayed is that it failed.

Don't know if this was known, but I was fighting a Wild Ratata and it got confused, and then when it hit it self with confusion, it said that the chillian berry weakened tail whip's damage.
Perhaps berrys can reduce the damage done from confusion damage if the inteneded attack was a type that a resist berry would lower? (I.e. Confused Shuca Heatran using Earth Power)

This is partially stated on the main site, but the wording seems to be a little off:

Focus Band said:
Focus Band prevents the holder from OHKOing itself in its confusion.
It prevents (or at least, can prevent; I don't know if it works all of the time) a Pokémon from KOing itself in Confusion at any amount of HP. In the Battle Factory, an opponent's Focus Band had activated to save it from an attack of my own, giving the activation message; it then hit itself in Confusion but survived that as well, with its own activation message.

Just making sure that this is specifically known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)