Mafia vs Village Draft Mafia - deaDLE Snypers Win

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In the devastating wake of the Trump administration, someone had to resettle the world and establish the new status quo. They were those who put the team on their back, and among their ranks were the greatest football players the world had ever seen. But not everyone was content with the new patriarchy. The deaDLE Snypers, who thought their e-sports were superior to physical fare, sought to take power for themselves. And even nerdier, the Abstract Mathematics, math made sentient by the recent nuclear holocaust, had much the same idea.

These rules are worth reading.

Teams
Those who put the team on their back
are the village, a team drafted by UncleSam and Yeti.
The deaDLE Snypers are a mafia, a team drafted by Da Letter El and Steven Snype.
The Abstract Mathematics are a mafia, a team drafted by Blazade.

Game Progression
This game has night phases and day phases. Each will last 48 hours unless otherwise noted. The game will begin on Night 0, on which no kills will happen but any other role is applicable. If I decide to shorten the length of phases, I will announce this ahead of time. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

Roles
Most players have a role they can use at night. They do so in the format specified by their role PM, by replying to the role conversation sent by me. Some players may have passive roles rather than active ones. Each role is only held by a single player in this game, and due to drafting, absolutely no role can be assumed to be village or mafia.

Lynches
Lynches occur during the day and take the form of a popular vote. To vote in the lynch, post some bolded variation of "lynch [user]" or "vote [user]" in the thread. Whoever receives the most votes in the lynch will die. Some players' votes may be worth more or less than the usual one vote. A vote count will not be provided. Players do not know what majority is and will not be told. The day phase will be extended if there is a ever a legitimate need, and this includes if a stealth lynch is happening (as evidenced by a large change in votes close to deadline).

Priority
Actions have no priority except where explicitly noted. Actions just work unless interfered with by another player and you will always be told about this if the case. Feel free to ask for details on how your role works.

Death
Dead players are out of the game and cannot be revived in any way. Dead players may not communicate any information or strategize about the game to any living player even if they are both mafia. There are no godkills. Players are expected to follow all rules and that includes directives given in results. Doing otherwise is cheating.

Winning
The villages win condition is "You are expected to put the team on your back. You win if the Abstract Mathematics and deaDLE Snypers are eliminated." The mafias are similar enough.

Bamboozles
There are no bamboozles at all in this game. You can expect to fully trust all results.

Communication
This is an outside-communication enabled game. While screenshots and other forms of screen sharing are disallowed, any other method of communication about the game is valid, including but not limited to forum PMs and Discord. Utilization of the Circus Maximus Discord channel is heavily recommended.

Etiquette
-Any Circus Maximus and Smogon rules not specifically listed in these rules still applies.
-Do not copy/paste your role PM or results. Paraphrasing, of course, is OK, and you may quote verbatim parts of your role PM which are impossible to paraphrase (such as your role name).
-Faking chatlogs is permitted - feel free to ask for assistance with this.
-Do not add other users to conversations that they weren't originally a part of without my approval.
-Add me to every Smogon conversation or Google Doc you create related to the game.
-I reserve the right to deem any action not listed here as being in violation of the rules and unsportsmanlike, and act accordingly.
-Don't be a dick.

How did draft work? Each manager got a certain amount of fake money. Then managers took turns nominating a player. The player who got nominated was automatically bid $1 on, but other managers could outbid that and so on. This was repeated for roles. Then managers assigned roles to players.

Alive Players: 11
Champ1604 KnightsofCydonia
Flyhn
Sandshrewz
Shubaka17
Walrein
Oddish.
Lightwolf
Aubisio
Shade
Penguin344
Haruno

Dead Players: 16
Thetwinmasters/Russell Wilson/Football/Rogue/Lynch Redirected Day 1
zorbees/Greg Jennings/Football/Negative Mayor/Gamergated Night 1
Mithril/Paul Crew/Football/Safeguard/Mathed Night 1

Asek/Orbifold/Abstract Math/Kidnapper/Generic Killed Night 1
pancake/austinscooter88/deaDLE Snypers/Prio Down/Lynched Day 2
acidphoenix/Marshawn Lynch/Football/Killer/Gamergated Night 2
MoodyCloud/Barry Sanders/Football/Channeller/Mathed Night 2

Jalmont/Cantor Diagonalization/Abstract Math/Lynch Redirect/Lynched Day 3
Hitmonleet/Pele/Football/Backup/Gamergated Night 3

Texas Cloverleaf/Jerry Rice/Football/Role Cop/Mathed Night 3
Reviloja753 Cancerous/Joe Montana/Football/Silencer/Lynched Day 4
Mikaav/Sena Kobayakawa/Football/Tracker/Gamergated Night 4
Lord Gaius/Strange Loop/Abstract Math/Hooker/Lynched Day 5
Ullar/Augustus 'Cole Train' Cole/Football/Announcer/Gamergated Night 5
Ditto/David Beckham/Football/Watcher/Mathed Night 5

Paperblade/Sheaf/Abstract Math/Kidnap Guard/Lynched Day 6

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
Worth nothing from the rules (which are always worth reading)

Each role is only held by a single player in this game, and due to drafting, absolutely no role can be assumed to be village or mafia.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
PSA: Villagers are "football players" in the broadest sense as would be typical in my games. Stop taking it so seriously. No one is likely to have a bad flavor claim itg

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sup fam, I'm Tom Brady, I know jack shit about football but he's a MVP and GOAT like me and I actually read my role pm for once! So I am perfectly prepared to carry this fucking village like how he carries niggas in footballs. All claim here. YW.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
is there anyone other than twin or haruno i can claim to
say no more fam

my role is Augustus 'Cole Train' Cole fwiw (not much im guessing)

and i have the easiest role itg to prove: announcer

(as an aside, ty auntsamantha for picking me, even if i was last; i get u gave me this role to lessen any collateral dmg i may cause)

i have a Plot that I will work out to prove I am what I say I am: Codewords!

This has a twist, though: I don't give you the codewords, you give me them. In the D1 announcement, i will match the codewords/key phrases to those who gave them to me

there are 2 flaws with this plan that are easy to spot, and I will address them rn:

1. "mafia could have an announcer, and it doesnt have to be u; all u need to do is pass the info on to ur scumbuddy"
ik some (if not most) of y'all are against setup spec, but let's think using the mindsets of a smogon dot com mafia player group that is creating the game. it seems a rational conclusion to make that announcers on the mafia are a Bad Idea, as it has not (as of recent games) been very useful in any way to them, besides getting in an early and anonymous lynch vote. nbd on the mafteams in their right mind would want to get this role. or me, for that matter, considering my 'loose cannon' past. which leads me to my next point.

2. "the mafia could be directing you to make a bold play such as this"
okay, im a v good mole. good logic there, fellow scumbuddies. but, there's a sub-argument here too:

2a. "you probly went ahead and did this urself w/out ur teams approval. again."
cant answer that to the best of my ability, tbh. it is smth that i have done in the past. but would i do it as an announcer? idt i would, but the perception of others may be different.

anyway, please send me your Codes/Phrases should you so desire! I'll try to consolidate asbestos I can, and pass the reins to another confirmed villager who is more tactically minded than myself.

cheers!

Aw damn i wanted to lead for once. Screw it

I'm Zinedine Zidane, one of the greatest European Football (Soccer for the 'merican peeps) players of all time, and i would also like to throw my hat in the ring for leadership. But why claim to me? I've been trying to look for a chance to finally try leading for 4-5 games now, and it seems US and Yeti were kind enough to give me the big break i was looking for. So all of you, at the very least give me rolenames, since i know there's no reason to trust me with roles yet. If you're comfortable sharing roles, you can, but i won't hold it against you if you don't unless i'm cleared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)