EV Training Spots in Black/White

Has anyone thought of using Audino for HP?

It gives 2 HP points a tick (a kill.. whatever you want) and can be found nearly anywhere.
Only real "problem" to it is the amount of experience it gives out when it faints, which... isn't necessarily a bad thing, I think, if the points are given at the end of a fight as opposed to the level-up, like people have been saying.

Besides that, this is extremely helpful! I've been looking around for a good EV spot guide for B/W, and this is a wonderful, easily updated one. x3

so, if i go to Route 3, and verse Basculins with my Zorua which has Pokerus and Power Anklet equipped, it'll earn 12 EV's a battle, so to max it's speed stat, I verse 21 Basculins?

so guys even if i dont get a dramatic increase when i level up after killing 20 litwick's i still get the ev's so when the ev's are maxed out what do i do? Do i just level up normally after wards?

so guys even if i dont get a dramatic increase when i level up after killing 20 litwick's i still get the ev's so when the ev's are maxed out what do i do? Do i just level up normally after wards?
Thats right, just go on your merry way. Well as long as you raised your pokemon up in more than just one stat.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Not sure if this has been asked already, but are there any good spots to EV train post game? Like what Chieliee mentioned with Claydol in relic castle.

How does the respawning of legendaries work in this game?

Since it says you can rebattle victini over and over for 3 HP ev's, can you rebattle cobalion over and over for 3 def ev's?

Or is that because victini is an event, and for cobalion you would need to battle the E4 for him to repawn?

How does the respawning of legendaries work in this game?

Since it says you can rebattle victini over and over for 3 HP ev's, can you rebattle cobalion over and over for 3 def ev's?

Or is that because victini is an event, and for cobalion you would need to battle the E4 for him to repawn?
Victini respawns when you leave the room it's in and come back. Cobalion respawns when the E4 is beaten, so Victini is a lot more practical.

Actually, it may be kinda impractical too but you could repeatedly KO Zekrom/Reashiram when you face them in the endgame, since they rebattle you right after.

If you mean the wild ones, I don't think that works, since they give no exp, and therefore probably no ev's (in the last 2 gens lv 100 pokes didn't gain exp and therefore couldn't gain more than 100 evs).

And if you're also grinding up another poke or two at the same time, Cobalion could work then. The problem would be keeping track of kills. Probably not as efficient if you just want to EV train though as the 66% Durant method. If only they could've made his max 1 lv higher (or swoobat's 1 lower).

In the new gen can't you gain EV's even as a lvl 100? I heard that if you put the poke in the PC it will have added the EV's when you take them out, wouldn't that make EV training on pokes that don't give exp valid in the new gen?

If you're asking because you want to fill in a blank for a specific Pokemon who's stuck with an oddly numbered speed EV, Purrloin, Woobat, and Blitzle are probably easiest to find when it comes to 1 EV per kill.

Otherwise, Basculins (even with Pokerus) will never get you stuck with excess EVs, have a 100% spawn rate, and as such are superior for EV grinding.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
If you're asking because you want to fill in a blank for a specific Pokemon who's stuck with an oddly numbered speed EV, Purrloin, Woobat, and Blitzle are probably easiest to find when it comes to 1 EV per kill.

Otherwise, Basculins (even with Pokerus) will never get you stuck with excess EVs, have a 100% spawn rate, and as such are superior for EV grinding.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it was just in case you had some weird EV number that you had to fill.

Anyways, I have just one more question. Has pokerus infection changed at all this generation??

In the new gen can't you gain EV's even as a lvl 100? I heard that if you put the poke in the PC it will have added the EV's when you take them out, wouldn't that make EV training on pokes that don't give exp valid in the new gen?
No. They still don't get exp this gen. The box trick only worked in gen 3 (EV's worked dif in gens 1 and 2 so I'm not sure- or maybe it was just 1 and 2).

The reason you can now fully EV train lv 100 pokemon is because of the EV wings.

Also, I think pokerus is the same- in any case, I haven't heard anything about it changing.

No. They still don't get exp this gen. The box trick only worked in gen 3 (EV's worked dif in gens 1 and 2 so I'm not sure- or maybe it was just 1 and 2).

The reason you can now fully EV train lv 100 pokemon is because of the EV wings.
Actually I think that battling wild Pokemon will give lv 100 Pokemon evs, since evs are now applied after battle rather than upon levelling up.

Actually I think that battling wild Pokemon will give lv 100 Pokemon evs, since evs are now applied after battle rather than upon levelling up.
No. If that had been the problem, the box trick would've worked last gen- since evs were also applied when you deposited a pokemon in between levels. The problem is lv 100 pokemon do not receive exp after battle, and pokemon only receive evs if the receive exp. (or in any case that's how it worked last gen, I'm not sure if that changed this gen.)

No. If that had been the problem, the box trick would've worked last gen- since evs were also applied when you deposited a pokemon in between levels. The problem is lv 100 pokemon do not receive exp after battle, and pokemon only receive evs if the receive exp. (or in any case that's how it worked last gen, I'm not sure if that changed this gen.)
Level 100 Pokemon can be ev'd by Pokemon Battles, not just Wings.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85403

Also, it's one of the first things on the Black and White research thread.

Marvelous Bridge is a sick way to ev train...in a shadow u will either see a swanna which gives u 2 speed evs or u will get a wing

Marvelous Bridge is a sick way to ev train...in a shadow u will either see a swanna which gives u 2 speed evs or u will get a wing
I see what you mean, but it's unreliable because:
-You won't be seeing Swanna or at least the shadows as often as you'd like
-Most of the time, you get the wrong wing.

I'd rather EV train against Purrloin, Woobat or Basculin for Speed because it's more reliable.

I've found that wings aren't that great for EV training mainly because it takes too much time to gather up the right kind of wing, like Platinum said. It seems much faster and easier to go basculin for speed since you can find them almost anywhere you can surf.

Great thread though, really helped this noob here (me) learn hotspots for EV training.

I've found the Doubles Grass in Route 1 to be reliable for ATK EVs. You get Scraggy (+1 ATK), and Watchog and Herdier (+2 ATK). Minor problem in surfing across a Basculin pool to get there, but you get them quite quickly.

This is really cool, once I (finally) beat the game and start EV training, this'll be really useful to have on hand.

Where'd the other thread go? Man it's been a while since I went on Smogon. Either way,

If you're willing to add even one more EV training hotspot for Atk, I proposed one more which works slightly better in White version (I think back when I proposed it Serebii had it labelled wrong).

Route 10 http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/unova/route10.shtml

The pros, White Version:
Has 2 pokemon which give 2 Atk EV's (50%)
One that gives 1 Atk EV (30%)
Doubles Grass

Cons:
Two pokemon that give HP (20%)

So 80% of your battles get you attack EV's, and with doubles grass, you can probably get EV's far quicker than the other areas (since the doubles grass outside of dragonspiral isn't accessible). The downside is the random 20% HP, but since it's doubles grass, it's unlikely that you get nothing but HP, i.e. every battle is worth something. Just carry a smoke ball on the second pokemon or something and you can just run after you've killed what matters.

Pros, Black:
3 Pokemon that give 2 Atk EV's (70%)
Doubles Grass

Cons:
1 Poke that gives 1 Def EV (30%)

Black ended up a little worse, but the fact that you've still got doubles grass means this area should be faster than dragonspiral tower etc..., especially with all 3 pokemon giving 2 Atk EV's. Just run from the Vullaby's and you'll be good, same smoke ball principle.

OVERALL:

The fact that at least 70% of the pokemon in both versions give Atk EV's (At least 50% give 2!) and the presence of doubles grass (2x quicker battling) means that EV training will go a lot faster here than any of the current proposed areas (that are accessible year-round). Watch out for undesired EV's and you're fine.

"I've found the Doubles Grass in Route 1 to be reliable for ATK EVs. You get Scraggy (+1 ATK), and Watchog and Herdier (+2 ATK). Minor problem in surfing across a Basculin pool to get there, but you get them quite quickly."

Though that's even better, haha. Though yes, a bit farther out of the way.

breh

強いだね
but why would you need a better attack spot when route 1 has everything you need and with better quantities (they all have only 1, means you don't have to take notice of how many you kill each; you just kill 25 and move on)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)