EV Training Spots in Black/White

25? Where do you get 25 from?

But for the people that don't care about getting those extra 4 EV's for the extra 1 stat that never does anything realistically, the doubles grass on route 10 is a better option. That's why.

25? Where do you get 25 from?

But for the people that don't care about getting those extra 4 EV's for the extra 1 stat that never does anything realistically, the doubles grass on route 10 is a better option. That's why.
(1+4(Power Item))*2(Pokerus) = 10

252 / 10 = 25 battles + 1-non-power-item battle

OR

10 vitamin + 15 battles + 1 non-power-item battle = 16 battles

On the other hand, if you do the double battle

2*(2+4)*2 = 24

252 / 24 = 10 battles + 1 single battle = 11 battles

10 vitamin + 6 battles + 1 non-power-item battle = 7 battles

So you save 9 battles.

On the other hand, perfect double battle (no HP/ 1Atk EV that would throw off your count) for route10 = .5*.5 = 25% of the time, so to find 7 "good" battles, you need 28 battles.

That means you run into an extra 12 battles.

Just do the single battles, the doubles aren't worth the extra effort.

(1+4(Power Item))*2(Pokerus) = 10

252 / 10 = 25 battles + 1-non-power-item battle

OR

10 vitamin + 15 battles + 1 non-power-item battle = 16 battles

On the other hand, if you do the double battle

2*(2+4)*2 = 24

252 / 24 = 10 battles + 1 single battle = 11 battles

10 vitamin + 6 battles + 1 non-power-item battle = 7 battles

So you save 9 battles.

On the other hand, perfect double battle (no HP/ 1Atk EV that would throw off your count) for route10 = .5*.5 = 25% of the time, so to find 7 "good" battles, you need 28 battles.

That means you run into an extra 12 battles.

Just do the single battles, the doubles aren't worth the extra effort.
Ah, I wasn't taking into account pokerus. And I'd say without taking into account pokerus it's a bit more worth it. Fair enough though.

XienZo is correct.
1 EV battles are well worth it, but I would prefer, nay, highly suggest that 1 EV Pokemon be added to the 1st post.
Ducklett and Foongus may be hard to find, but at least they may be helpful for 252 HP spreads. For 6 HP EV's, Stunfisk is ok to use.
Also, Deerling appears quite a bit which is good for 1 EV Speed.

There's a high chance that EV berries will be in the DW, just not 100% certain.
I'm happy to say that they are in the DW (I'm guessing ever since it came out in the US). They appear in the 2nd accessible area (sky). Another plus is that there may be some kind people who leave them on share shelves (albeit, I have rarely seen anyone leave the later berries on the shelf, cheri and oran berries are really common even on later leveled people who have all of them). I think the biggest addition is the potential 80 berries per harvest... which is very nice given the convenience and the fact that people love to water your garden... very big jump from the berry pots.

I'm sure most people who've been EV training and on the DW (or Serebii..) already know about this, but I hadn't seen it confirmed here, and I know I love to make use of them, since pokemon aren't "ruined" if they pick up unwanted EVs...

Edit: All accounted for and growing.

I can confirm EV reducing berries as well, I've grown adn startest mass producing all 6 berries (Lurking Japanese player's shelves finally payed off).

EV locations

Serebii Says:

HP : Audino gives +2, and Victini (+3) if you don't catch him. Because he spawns infinite.

Attack : Patrat and Lillipup (+1)

Defence : Venipede and Sewaddle (+1)

Special Attack : Litwick and Elgyem (+1) (Go to Celestial tower, third floor. There is a nurse.)

Special Defence : Frillish (+1)

Speed : Basculin, and Swanna (Marvellous Bridge) (Both +2)

Audino, commonly found in shaking grass gives 2 HP EVs. So does Throh, which is found in the grass on Route 10. Route 10 also has Herdier, 2 Attack.

EDIT: If you're training lower-levelled Pokemon, Route 1 harbors Patrat and Lillipup, both of which give Attack EVs.

breh

強いだね
ok, I'd like some help on this:

While I was training for VGC, I had an absolutely godawful time finding defence for Amoonguss and settled on just going to the place where you find Volcarona. There, there is a 65% chance of encountering defence pokes and a 35% chance of encountering annoying Foul Play Krokorok. Is there a better defence place? Have people had better experience with pinwheel forest?

If you bring a level 42 Pokemon to anywhere inside of a cave in Victory Road and use any repel, you will get 100% Durants, which give 2 Def EVs.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I find Stunfisk to not be too mecessary. Spamming your bike on Route 3 usually gets you Audinos fairly quickly as long as you dont spawn a ripple.

Also I too, use my PP to count.

If you bring a level 42 Pokemon to anywhere inside of a cave in Victory Road and use any repel, you will get 100% Durants, which give 2 Def EVs.
About that, and Pokemon of whatever level, some where else...

Can the Pokemon of 'Level 42 or note' be of fainted status?

Also using the PP to track EV training is what I do. Just make checks like roman numbers with that slash through the four to mark a five. And if the move i used faild to kill, i use another move.

About that, and Pokemon of whatever level, some where else...

Can the Pokemon of 'Level 42 or note' be of fainted status?

Also using the PP to track EV training is what I do. Just make checks like roman numbers with that slash through the four to mark a five. And if the move i used faild to kill, i use another move.
Yes, it can.

HP - Victini if he's still up in your game (gives 3 and respawns after leaving his room), or else Stunfisk (2) by Icirrus.

SpA - Celestial Tower, everything gives 1.

Defense - There is no good spot. Others have been given earlier, personally I train Defense exclusively through the Power Belt. For example, if I'm training in HP and Defense, after full Vitamins, with pokerus, 19 kills in anything that gives anything but defense will get me to 252. If I'm going for a 252/252 HP/Def spread, then after Vitamins, 19 pokerus Victini kills will leave me with full defense and 38 HP EVs left to go.

HP - Victini if he's still up in your game (gives 3 and respawns after leaving his room), or else Stunfisk (2) by Icirrus.

SpA - Celestial Tower, everything gives 1.

Defense - There is no good spot. Others have been given earlier, personally I train Defense exclusively through the Power Belt. For example, if I'm training in HP and Defense, after full Vitamins, with pokerus, 19 kills in anything that gives anything but defense will get me to 252. If I'm going for a 252/252 HP/Def spread, then after Vitamins, 19 pokerus Victini kills will leave me with full defense and 38 HP EVs left to go.
great mate thanks for the help... one last question though... im training my marshtomp... with pokerus, holding a macho brace, how many EV Points would i get when i kill a litwick for the 1 EV point? like whats the equation for EVs gained given my status?

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Volcarona's Room in Relic Castle has 100% Claydol, Levels 47-50. They give 2 Special Defense EVs each. Sort of a pain to get to, but you gain levels fast while EVing.

edit: btw the first time you go post-game there's a plasma grunt with a krookodile

Anyways, just noting the OP that Druddigon now has been listed as 2 ATK EVs everywhere(unlike back then where Bulbapedia had put it as 3), so I'm inclined to believe that it is now 2 ATK EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)