Event Discussion

Hey there! Not sure if this is allowed, but I have a bunch of extra Bottle Cap giveaway codes from Gamestop that I can't use (EDIT: 5 left), so if anyone's interested in one, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the code. Hope it's helpful!

EDIT again: Also, the codes are for the NA version. Should have specified first!

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
BTW the Beedrillite and Mawilite are now being given out for those who competed in the 2017 International Challenge February Online Competition.

Also registration for the Kanto X Alola Regional Rumble Competition are going on now. All those who enter get a Pidgeotite and Steelixite. You have until March 16th.

"The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. This notes that Ash Hat Pikachu have been confirmed to be the distribution for the movie if you prebook your tickets. You will receive one Serial Code that comes with the special Pikashumium Z Z-Crystal which activates its special Z-Move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. Original Cap can be obtained from April 15th to May 1st and then July 19th to July 31st.
Hoenn Cap from May 3rd through May 15th then again August 2nd through August 14th.
Sinnoh Cap from May 17th to May 29th with a repeat on August 16th through August 28th.
From May 31st through June 12th you can get the Unova Cap, repeated on August 30th through September 11th.
From June 14th through June 26th you can get the Kalos Cap, repeated September 13th through 25th.
Finally, from June 28th to July 17th you can get the Alola Cap Pikachu, repeated from September 27th through October 9th. You can only redeem a pre-booking ticket serial code once, but you can redeem as many codes per save file as you want."

~Serebii

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I feel kind of dumb not realizing the Ash Hat Pikachu would be for the 20th movie. :P

So are you only able to get one Ash Hat Pikachu? Or are they releasing non-ticket codes which are the ones you can redeem multiple times (though they don't come with Pikashumium Z)?

Well, I imagine internationally it would just be an online distribution offering one for a week, maybe having to go to a store to get Original Hat Pikachu with the Pikashumium Z.

How did you guys get Magearna and some of the other movie released Mythicals?
Being fair most Mythicals were okay, it's just Magearna that was trolltastic.

America: On the morning the QR Code gets posted in the main site. Bam, done.
Europe: The next day, 18 minutes before it stopped being that day in the last few parts of the continent, the code is posted at the end of the Magearna movie released in the Pokémon Viewer app that day despite being Tuesday and normally updating on the weekend. Also the code is freaking minuscule.

Considering this was like two weeks after we got the game 5 days after everyone else it felt like a spiteful move.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Hold on, so if I want all six Ash Pikachu, I need to buy 6 presale tickets..?
This notes that Ash Hat Pikachu have been confirmed to be the distribution for the movie if you prebook your tickets. You will receive one Serial Code that comes with the special Pikashumium Z Z-Crystal which activates its special Z-Move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

(...)

You can only redeem a pre-booking ticket serial code once, but you can redeem as many codes per save file as you want.
From what it sounds like, only the code from the pre-book ticket will come with a Pikashumium Z. I'm guessing all tickets come with a code for a Ash Hat Pikachu of that week, but they won't have the Pikashumium Z (which you can only redeem one of).

So to answer your question, no. If you're in Japan, you only need to buy one pre-book ticket and than 5 normal tickets to get all Ash Hat Pikachu and the Pikashumium Z (like I guess you can just buy 6 normal tickets if you only care about the Ash Hat Pikachu, but if you're going to do that you might as well pre-book one to get that last Z-Crystal). This is rather a sinister way to increase movie sales...

From what it sounds like, only the code from the pre-book ticket will come with a Pikashumium Z. I'm guessing all tickets come with a code for a Ash Hat Pikachu of that week, but they won't have the Pikashumium Z (which you can only redeem one of).

So to answer your question, no. If you're in Japan, you only need to buy one pre-book ticket and than 5 normal tickets to get all Ash Hat Pikachu and the Pikashumium Z (like I guess you can just buy 6 normal tickets if you only care about the Ash Hat Pikachu, but if you're going to do that you might as well pre-book one to get that last Z-Crystal). This is rather a sinister way to increase movie sales...
The Coro Coro pages doesn't mention anything about normal tickets, though, it only says that 1 pre-book ticket comes with 1 serial code which can be redeemed for one Ash Hat Pikachu each, i.e. the code cannot be re-used in each period to redeem more Ash Hat Pikachu. In fact, it specifically says that, if I have more than one pre-book ticket, I can redeem more Ash Hat Pikachu. I'm guessing there will be other ways to redeem Ash Hat Pikachu after the movie gets released, they honestly cannot expect me to buy six pre-book tickets for myself, can they?

Details have been released, though they're more or less the same as what Coro Coro leaked. You do need to buy six pre-sale tickets if you want all six Ash Hat Pikachu. Each pre-sale ticket comes with a serial code to redeem an Ash Hat Pikachu as well as Pikashunium Z. Each serial code can only be used once. You may redeem more than one code per game if you bought more than one pre-sale ticket for multiple Ash Hat Pikachu, but you may only redeem Pikashunium Z once. All Ash Hat Pikachu are male with the ability Static and their moves are as follows:

Original Cap Pikachu (level 1): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Agility
Hoenn Cap Pikachu (level 6): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Iron Tail
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu (level 10): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Unova Cap Pikachu (level 14): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Kalos Cap Pikachu (level 17): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Alola Cap Pikachu (level 20): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Details have been released, though they're more or less the same as what Coro Coro leaked. You do need to buy six pre-sale tickets if you want all six Ash Hat Pikachu. Each pre-sale ticket comes with a serial code to redeem an Ash Hat Pikachu as well as Pikashunium Z. Each serial code can only be used once. You may redeem more than one code per game if you bought more than one pre-sale ticket for multiple Ash Hat Pikachu, but you may only redeem Pikashunium Z once. All Ash Hat Pikachu are male with the ability Static and their moves are as follows:

Original Cap Pikachu (level 1): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Agility
Hoenn Cap Pikachu (level 6): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder and Iron Tail
Sinnoh Cap Pikachu (level 10): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Unova Cap Pikachu (level 14): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle
Kalos Cap Pikachu (level 17): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Alola Cap Pikachu (level 20): Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Electro Ball
Cute, and at least you can now teach Volt Tackle via Tutor so its not a problem Kalos and Alola don't have Volt Tackle. Also didn't Pikachu learn Electro Ball during BW/Unova?

*Sees the increasing levels* Are... are those meant to be like a measure of Pikachu's power level? So as of right now Pikachu is only 1/5th of its true potential?

Cute, and at least you can now teach Volt Tackle via Tutor so its not a problem Kalos and Alola don't have Volt Tackle. Also didn't Pikachu learn Electro Ball during BW/Unova?

*Sees the increasing levels* Are... are those meant to be like a measure of Pikachu's power level? So as of right now Pikachu is only 1/5th of its true potential?
Boy, now getting beaten by a Level 5 Snivy doesn't seem that farfetched...

1, 6, 10, 14, 17, 20

It's how many years passed across the series, using the anime as a reference.

The first games were released in 1996.

The first episode aired in 1997, 1 year after the games. Hence, Kanto Cap is Level 1.
The first AG episode aired 5 years later (2002).
The first DP episode aired 4 years later (2006).
The first BW episode aired 4 years later (2010).
The first XY episode aired 3 years later (2013).
The first SM episode aired 3 years later (2016).

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I doubt this concerns many of you, but this issue of Coro Coro comes with a serial code to get a Charizard. It's level 40 with Dragon Claw, Fly, Dragon Rage, Flare Blitz.
And it comes with one of its Mega Stones too. Not really that noteworthy except for the easy Charizardites (though you can get them if you beat Red in the Battle Tree). Moveset is also blah, at least have two different movesets depending on the Mega Stone it comes with. X could have Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Roost; Y could have Heat Wave, Air Slash, Solar Beam, Focus Blast. If we're trying to stay legal, as always I would have given them a special move to bu GF had stepped away from doing that since XY.

Boy, now getting beaten by a Level 5 Snivy doesn't seem that farfetched...
It had most of its power drained by Zekrom so it had an excuse (though looks bad on Ash who should have figured another strategy but I guess he was worried about Pikachu)... it was being beaten by Cress's Panpour where Pikachu had no excuse. Apparently the lesson in Unova is if you can cancel Pikachu using its Electric attacks its a sitting mouse.

On the other hand, how embarrassing is it for Ash's Pikachu to have taken down Tobais's Latios?
By the League seems like Pikachu is at full power, every gen the writer just resets it.

1, 5, 10, 14, 17, 20

It looks similar to how many years passed across the series, using the anime as a reference.

The first games were releaed in 1996.

The first episode aired in 1997, 1 year after the games. Hence, Kanto Cap is Level 1.
The first AG episode aired 5 years later (2002). Hoenn Cap should be Level 6 instead of 5.
The first DP episode aired 4 years later (2006). The error is fixed here, and Sinnoh Cap is correctly at Level 10.
The first BW episode aired 4 years later (2010).
The first XY episode aired 3 years later (2013).
The first SM episode aired 3 years later (2016).
I r dumb. *facepalm*

Bewear to be distributed in Pokemon Centers across Japan starting April 15th. No details about level, moveset, gender, ability, shininess, etc. yet.

EDIT: Can confirm that you cannot obtain a Shiny Tapu Koko with a North American 3DS. Got a timid one on my first and second tries with Synchronizer in first slot, turns out it might work. SRing for HP Ice.

EDIT 2: I got HP Ice after about 13 tries, only to realise it's a pain to give away because it's in a Cherish Ball...

Last edited:
So, in terms of Pokemon TCG, in July they're releasing a Shiny Tapu Koko Collection. In Japan, the Shiny Tapu Koko cards are being released alongside the Shiny Tapu Koko event. Is this a sign that we MAY be getting it as well in July?

The Pidgeotite and Steelixite Mega Stones are now available to those who went through 3 battles during the competition. For those of you that did, sign into PGL then follow this link to get them.

Hot off the heels of that; the next Battle Competition has been announced and with that its sign-up incentive - Blazikenite and Sceptilite

Get your Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, and Medichamite with the code INTIMIDATE via Mystery Gift! Source

Pidgeotite and Steelixite are scheduled for May, while there are no plans for public release of Sceptilite, Blazikenite, and Swampertite (if you participate in the competition and qualify, you'll likely receive the code late May).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)