Event Discussion

Marshadow to be distributed in the USA through GameStop from October 9th through 23rd, while Europe will see it pop up at “select retailers” from October 1st through November 16th.

still no news of a distribution for the rest of the wold :/

Marshadow to be distributed in the USA through GameStop from October 9th through 23rd, while Europe will see it pop up at “select retailers” from October 1st through November 16th.

If it's not going to be a worldwide code then I'm going to miss it like the Lycanroc Life Orb and the Salazzle *rants*

We got it in Japan with the movie release :D

Yup, go to your participating store, pick up a code and input it (unless your country has no participating stores you filthy console peasant :< )

Oh boy, select retailers. I can't wait once again for it to be at a store for which only one exists in the entirety of Scotland. Just stick to friggin' Game already -_-

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
And they also just announced the Cap Pikachu event. Once again serial code but it's on the website! However, there's a catch: we can only choose one. In addition you need to wait for the one you want as they'll change every week. Like the Japanese version they'll have the moveset reflecting the one Pikachu had that generation:

September 19–25: Original Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, Agility
Sept 26 – Oct 2: Hoenn Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Thunder, Iron Tail
October 3–9: Sinnoh Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle
October 10–16: Unova Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle
October 17–23: Kalos Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball
October 24–30: Alola Cap Pikachu: Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, Electro Ball

They come in a normal Poke Ball, have a Wishing Ribbon, all have a Hardy Nature (neutral), their levels match the season their cap originates from, and it's assumed they all come with Pikashunium Z.

However, if you go to one of the special viewings of the movie they'll have a QR Code that'll get the Original Cap Pikachu (so you might be able to get 2, though good luck finding one of these places).

This kind of stinks, though at the same time I can sort of understand why. In Japan you had to pretty much see the movie 6 times to get all six Pikachu while we're getting it for free, so to be fair we're being limited to just one. Would like if they found another way to give international players a chance to get the others, like maybe when you sell the DVD/Blu Ray have each come with a code you can use to redeem one more.

Anyway, I'm going to get Sinnoh Cap Pikachu. I felt that was when Ash was at his best, and I also liked Paul as a rival who was on equal footing with Ash. BTW, aside from transferring, this is the only way to get a Pikachu with Iron Tail (though USUM may change that, who knows) so if you're thinking about getting the Original Cap Pikachu it doesn't have it. Honestly not that big of a deal but something to note (though since these are special Pikachu would be nice if they made them able to learn the moves of the others via Move Reminder). Also if you didn't get one with Volt Tackle remember there's a Volt Tackle tutor in Konikoni City.

The QR code almost certainly is to match the QR code for the I Choose You cap that USUM is getting. In Japan, going to the movie you get a ga-ole QR code chip that redeems for ICY cap

Also to be a little more accurate, you didn't get the pikachu code for seeing the movie, you got it for preordering the ticket. So getting all the pikachus was a bit more of a pain.
It's still awfully silly, though. I've got Sun & Moon so I should be able to get 2...I can probably pester a few friends who haven't played in a while to grab me the others. Also the past few times they've done this "prebook, get a single use code for one of multiple events" we typically got all of them nothing attached. The shiny beasts, for instance.

QR code probably works like Magearna so I'm not too worried about that once USUM comes around.

(Do you remember? On the 12th March, last year. Your father took you to Smyths toy store, so you could get the birds!)

Why did they have to tease us with Lightning Rod Zapdos in Pokemon Black and White's coding and then change it to Static in Pokemon X and Y?!

Code for Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite available with code DRACHE

Source

All mega stones are redeemable until October 31st, at 11:59pm UTC.

Just for convenience, I'll compile the codes and their mega stones below:
INTIMIDATE: Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, Medichamite
M2DESCENT: Mewtwonite X, Mewtwonite Y
AZUL: Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracrossite, Houndoomite
MATSUBASA: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Banettite, Cameruptite
SABLEVOLANT: Tyranitarite, Abomasite, Manectite, Aggronite
POYONG: Galladite, Gardevoirite, Lopunnite, Diancite
DRACHE: Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite

Last edited:
Code for Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite available with code DRACHE

Source

All mega stones are redeemable until October 31st, at 11:59pm UTC.

Just for convenience, I'll compile the codes and their mega stones below:
INTIMIDATE: Mawilite, Beedrillite, Audinite, Medichamite
M2DESCENT: Mewtwonite X, Mewtwonite Y
AZUL: Pidgeotite, Steelixite, Heracrossite, Houndoomite
MATSUBASA: Sceptilite, Blazikenite, Swampertite, Banettite, Cameruptite
SABLEVOLANT: Tyranitarite, Abomasite, Manectite, Aggronite
POYONG: Galladite, Gardevoirite, Lopunnite, Diancite
DRACHE: Altarianite, Latiosite, Latiasite, Ampharosite
Interesting expiration day... could be a clue on that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon may have all the Mega Stones from the get go, but that's as far as we can go right now.

Interesting expiration day... could be a clue on that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon may have all the Mega Stones from the get go, but that's as far as we can go right now.
Maybe they're shutting down the server to upgrade/update it for USM. I think they did this last year as well before SM.

There will be a distribution for Shiny Silvally from September 22nd to October 16th in Japan. You can get a serial code for it from a store (I'm assuming Pokemon Centers) by showing a staff your SM game. The Silvally will be level 100 and holding a Gold Bottle Cap.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
An useful item for an Event Pokemon? Something's wrong here...

By the looks of it, this Silvally is never going to be available outside of Japan.
Eh, let's not be too hasty, we did get Shiny Tapu Koko. Of course if we get it USUM will probably be out so unless they make it redeemable in those games we might not.

Shiny Silvally, exactly like Shiny Tapu Koko, is getting a variety of tcg product that is making its way here.
Not sure if relevant, but the distribution method for Shiny Silvally and Shiny Tapu Koko are the same, though Shiny Tapu Koko was also obtainable via Nintendo Zone at 7-11s. The serial code for it was available at Pokemon Centers, as long as you showed a staff your copy of the game.

Not sure if relevant, but the distribution method for Shiny Silvally and Shiny Tapu Koko are the same, though Shiny Tapu Koko was also obtainable via Nintendo Zone at 7-11s. The serial code for it was available at Pokemon Centers, as long as you showed a staff your copy of the game.
Also like STK I am pretty sure the same artist that did that artwork did Shiny Silvally's

I mean that's probably not relevant to coming over, but it's nice. I hope they get to do more artwork for the series!

Well if the distribution method is the same, there's hope for the shiny Sylvally to eventually be distributed in western countryes as well at some point.

Finger crossed.

Serebii says the shiny Silvally will be obtained in Japan as a preorder bonus. Is this true?

It also fully confirms that the Shiny Silvally event announced on Monday is obtained by preordering copies of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon in Japan

Serebii says the shiny Silvally will be obtained in Japan as a preorder bonus. Is this true?
I didn't see anything about it, though it seems odd to me that they'd give away a Pokemon for SM if you preorder USM. I did see a picture that says preorder for USM will start on September 22nd, though, which is the same start date for the Silvally distribution. Maybe Serebii got that wrong.

Distribution method for Shiny Silvally has been released. You need to visit one of the participating stores listed (Pokemon Centers, any major electronic/games store, really) and show a staff your SM game. It comes at level 100 in a Cherish Ball holding a Gold Bottle Cap with the moves Multi Attack, Parting Shot, Punishment, Scary Face.

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Celebi codes are being given to those who pre-order Silver and Gold. Wonder if I will get two codes if I get both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)