Event Discussion

New event in Japan: Pokemon Centers across Japan will be giving away Rotopons (Rotom Power items) daily starting launch day, November 17th.

One of the seven will be given at random, once per day per game. These seven are Hatching, Bargain, Prize Money, EXP, Encounter, Capture, and one called おうえんぽん, which literally translates to "support-pon". Does anyone have any idea what that may do? This also basically confirms them as consumables, as opposed to having cool downs like O-Powers did. So will there be daily rolls to get them or do we unlock new ones as we progress?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The Original Cap Pikachu can be obtained by American and Japanese players again using the code PIKACHUM20. End date unknown.

Source: Serebii
Wait, original cap and not movie cap? Not that I'm complaining, I'll take an Original Cap. Still, how are they going to distribute movie cap if from a code that's for the movie. Do you think it's a mistake?

Wait, original cap and not movie cap? Not that I'm complaining, I'll take an Original Cap. Still, how are they going to distribute movie cap if from a code that's for the movie. Do you think it's a mistake?
As mentioned above, the movie cap is gonna be available via the QR Code on the Pokemon Ga-Ole chip that we got from watching the movie. While I'm not sure if it was Japan-exclusive (is Ga-Ole available anywhere else?), I still have the chip and I'll upload the QR Code after I use it just in case it's single-use. You'll have to go to the Pikachu Valley (or whatever they call it in English) to get one.

Now that gaming is moving towards digital, having to get a code from Gamestop is stupid. I have no reason to go there anymore.

"A new event has been announced for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Within next month's corocoro issue, a special serial code will be distributed to give a Big Nugget and a Lucky Egg out to all players. " ~ Serebii

Nice

"A new event has been announced for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Within next month's corocoro issue, a special serial code will be distributed to give a Big Nugget and a Lucky Egg out to all players. " ~ Serebii

Nice
*crossing fingers for it to not be exclusive to JP versions*

It'd be nice, but I'd expect with two main games out now it'll be easier to get someone to give you a Lucky Egg.

Here's the photo for it:

It'll be released on December 15th, but I might just get it just because and see if you guys can use it. I suspect it'll be available for Japanese games only, though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
A Lucky Egg and Nugget? Alright I guess, better than nothing... if it was released before the games came out. Like those would be neat items to have when you start the game, but a month or so after? Okay, sure Lucky Egg is always useful but not so much the Nugget.

You know what would have been neat, if the released a patch for the original SM demo to include USUM stuff. Have new timed events, new locations to visit like the beaches (maybe even let us play a bit of Mantine Surf), and new character cameos.

If it counts, you can always just trade a Lucky Egg (and other items like Destiny Knot) from your SM game like I did.

A new Twitter account named Project Eevee is teasing an announcement or event or something at 21:00 on November 21st Japan time.

(11/21, or 1121 is a wordplay on Eevee's Japanese name, イーブイ in katakana and いいぶい in hiragana, with each digit representing one character)

1. Follow Project Eevee on Twitter or Instagram.
2. Tweet or post something on Instagram Eevee-related between November 21st and November 30th with the hashtag #プロジェクトイーブイ for a chance to be one of 9 winners of the Eevee poncho set.

In case anyone is interested in this Japan-exclusive event where you can get Manaphy, Meloetta, and Hoopa for USUM.

Details for the serial code I mentioned in the other thread have been announced.

Basically the merchandise on this page all have campaign codes, or you can look for ones with this on them. They are all eligible and will be released at various points in early December, while the campaign begins on December 1st.

You will have to enter the campaign code on the back of each campaign sticker (in the red box here onto the campaign site (not live yet) after registering. You can only register one account per email address, and you can only enter up to 20 codes per account. You can also delete your account on the campaign site and re-register with the same email account.

After entering the campaign code, you will be given a serial code to redeem presents when you reach the following marks:
  • 1 code: Manaphy (level 15)
  • 3 codes: 10 Nuggets (¥5,000 * 10 = ¥50,000)
  • 5 codes: 10 Big Mushrooms (¥2,500 * 10 = ¥25,000)
  • 7 codes: Meloetta (level 15)
  • 10 codes: 10 Rare Bones (¥2,500 * 10 = ¥25,000)
  • 13 codes: 10 Pearl Strings (¥15,000 * 10 = ¥150,000)
  • 16 codes: Hoopa (level 15)
  • 20 codes: 25 Relic Gold (¥30,000 * 25 = ¥750,000)
Enter the serial codes via Mystery Gift to receive the presents. Codes will not use 0 (zero), 1, B, I, O, V. Should you decide to sell all the items, you can get ¥1,000,000 from completing the campaign.

The card packs cost ¥150 each (¥162 after tax), equaling ¥3,240 to complete the campaign. You can also get 1 campaign sticker when you visit Karaoke Cote d'Azur between December 1st and December 13th, or 4 campaign stickers for every ¥500 spent on selected machines at Namco all over Japan, making this perhaps the best option at ¥125 per sticker and ¥2,500 total (and you might win something from the machines).

Shiny Kyogre and Shiny Groudon to be distributed for USUM starting January. Details to come on official JP website.

Next CoroCoro issue (January 15th) will contain a serial code for Arceus for USUM.

Next CoroCoro issue (January 15th) will contain a serial code for Arceus for USUM.
Shiny... Arceus!? Was that ever distributed before?

At least it seems the Kyogre and Groudon won't be JP-only as the Pokemon website will include details.

Shiny... Arceus!? Was that ever distributed before?

At least it seems the Kyogre and Groudon won't be JP-only as the Pokemon website will include details.
Is this Arceus shiny? I can’t see anything to suggest that.

But yeah, it was distributed in gen 6 — the Desert City Arceus that came out in Japan had a 1/19 or so chance of being shiny, determined at the point of code redemption.

Is this Arceus shiny? I can’t see anything to suggest that.

But yeah, it was distributed in gen 6 — the Desert City Arceus that came out in Japan had a 1/19 or so chance of being shiny, determined at the point of code redemption.
Got confused with the blue color... my bad.

Thanks for the info anyways.

This arceus looks weird. Did arceus really have such a tail and coloring or am I blind? I can't see GF give a new form arceus of all pokemon since it got more than enough forms already. Not to mention, it would only work if GF makes a patch so we can use a new arceus-forme in our game which isn't like GF at all.

This arceus looks weird. Did arceus really have such a tail and coloring or am I blind? I can't see GF give a new form arceus of all pokemon since it got more than enough forms already. Not to mention, it would only work if GF makes a patch so we can use a new arceus-forme in our game which isn't like GF at all.
It's just the lighting, and I don't see anything different about the tail than usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)