move 4: Ice Punch
item: Life Orb
ability: Sheer Force
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Swords Dance boosts Feraligatr's already high Attack stat to incredible levels, allowing it to break through most defensive Pokemon in RU. STAB Waterfall does a lot to most Pokemon that don't resist it. Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority attack, allowing it to pick off weakened Pokemon and prevent faster Pokemon such as Salazzle and Swellow from revenge killing it. Ice Punch enables Feraligatr to hit most of the tier's Water-resistant Pokemon, mainly Grass- and Dragon-types such as Chesnaught, Decidueye, and Dragalge, for super effective damage and Mega Abomasnow for neutral damage. Crunch is an alternative that allows Feraligatr to hit bulky Water-types such as Slowbro, Jellicent, and Milotic for more damage while also hitting the likes of Cresselia and Doublade harder. Superpower can also be used to hit most bulky Water-types neutrally, OHKO Mega Abomasnow after Stealth Rock damage, OHKO Milotic at +2 after Stealth Rock damage, OHKO Porygon2 at +2, and ensure a 2HKO on Umbreon. However, Superpower is not boosted by Sheer Force.

Set Details
========
252 EVs in Attack and Speed allow Feraligatr to hit as hard and fast as possible. An Adamant nature is used to boost Feraligatr's power even further, allowing +2 Feraligatr to OHKO Umbreon and Florges, OHKO Slowbro if Crunch is chosen, and OHKO Milotic with Superpower. A Jolly nature can be used instead to let Feraligatr outspeed Jolly Decidueye, Timid Nidoqueen, and Timid Hoopa. Sheer Force is used in tandem with Life Orb to make Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Crunch receive a damage boost without causing recoil.

Usage Tips
========
This set should be used as a wallbreaker mid-game, weakening defensive Pokemon on the opposing team for a teammate to clean up later, but it can also be used to clean a team thanks to Aqua Jet. If aiming for that, Feraligatr should wait for faster Pokemon such as Roserade, Shaymin, and Rotom-C to be in KO range of +2 Aqua Jet, as they otherwise would be able to take an Aqua Jet, KO Feraligatr in return, and then set up in order to sweep. It's sometimes better for Feraligatr to just attack if there's no need to set up in order to bluff a Dragon Dance set, forcing switches and preserving the set's HP until it's necessary. It can find setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't KO it such as Florges, Gligar, and Diancie or by forcing switches from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Mega Camerupt.

Team Options
========
This set pairs well with Pokemon that take advantage of Feraligatr weakening the opposing team. Sharpedo, Shaymin, Flygon, and Durant are examples. Dragon Dance Flygon especially synergizes very well with Feraligatr, as it's able to come in on Electric-type moves aimed at Feraligatr, while Feraligatr can usually take Ice-type moves barring the uncommon Freeze-Dry and weaken the opposing team for Flygon to clean up later or vice-versa. Pokemon that can handle Grass-types for Feraligatr such as Salazzle and Moltres are also very appreciated, as they allow Feraligatr to use its STAB attacks more easily. Entry hazard support can help Feraligatr weaken the opposing team or clean; after Stealth Rock damage, it can always OHKO Umbreon and Florges and OHKO Milotic most of the time if Superpower is used. Nidoqueen and Registeel can set Stealth Rock, while Chesnaught and Roserade can set Spikes.

Last edited:
**AM Check not a QC**

Small grammatical errors such as:
  • Swords Dance boosts Feraligatr's already high attack stat to incredible levels allowing it to break most of RU defensive Pokemon.
  • Waterfall is the Water-type STAB that will do a lot to most Pokemon that don't resist it.
  • Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority allowing it to pick off weakened Pokemon and prevent faster Pokemon such as Salazzle and Swellow from revenge killing it.
  • Ice Punch allows Feraligatr to hit most of the tier Water resists, mainly Grass- and Dragon-types such as Chesnaught, Decidueye, and Dragalge for super effective damage and Abomasnow-Mega neutrally.
  • Crunch is an option that allows Feraligatr to hit bulky Water-types such as Slowbro and Milotic for more damage, also hitting harder the likes of Cresselia and Doublade.
You want want it to be:
'break most RU defensive Pokemon' or 'break most of RU's defensive Pokemon'.
'Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr priority' or 'Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority attack'.
'Ice Punch allows Feraligatr to hit most of the tiers Water resists.'
'also hitting the likes of Cresselia and Doublade harder'

You should probably check over the rest of your spelling/grammar.

Maybe mentioning that Adamant nature means that you are slower than max speed Tsareena, Nidoqueen, Decidueye and Honchkrow is beneficial for readers. Putting that Ice Punch hits Decidueye may lead readers into believing they out speed it as Feraligatr out speeds every other Pokemon you mentioned that Ice Punch hits. I'd also mention that Ice Punch hits Shaymin as it is a huge threat in RU.

• Feraligatr can find set up opportunities against weak Pokemon that can't beat it such as Florges, Gligar, and Diancie or by forcing switches from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Camerupt-Mega.
Feraligatr most likely can not set up on a Florges.
0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 132-156 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Calling a Pokemon weak that can 2HKO it after rocks isn't very good information to be giving out to newer people.
I would make sure you clarify that you only force out Modest Nidoqueen because Timid Nidoqueen out speed and potentially OHKO with Thunderbolt.

Zoroark and Zygarde-10% also appreciate the help from Feraligatr.

First AM check on these forums, possibility of joining the QC team was too good to not post

Natan

is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
**AM Check not a QC**

Small grammatical errors such as:

You want want it to be:
'break most RU defensive Pokemon' or 'break most of RU's defensive Pokemon'.
'Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr priority' or 'Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority attack'.
'Ice Punch allows Feraligatr to hit most of the tiers Water resists.'
'also hitting the likes of Cresselia and Doublade harder'

You should probably check over the rest of your spelling/grammar.

Maybe mentioning that Adamant nature means that you are slower than max speed Tsareena, Nidoqueen, Decidueye and Honchkrow is beneficial for readers. Putting that Ice Punch hits Decidueye may lead readers into believing they out speed it as Feraligatr out speeds every other Pokemon you mentioned that Ice Punch hits. I'd also mention that Ice Punch hits Shaymin as it is a huge threat in RU.

Feraligatr most likely can not set up on a Florges.
0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 132-156 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Calling a Pokemon weak that can 2HKO it after rocks isn't very good information to be giving out to newer people.
I would make sure you clarify that you only force out Modest Nidoqueen because Timid Nidoqueen out speed and potentially OHKO with Thunderbolt.

Zoroark and Zygarde-10% also appreciate the help from Feraligatr.

First AM check on these forums, possibility of joining the QC team was too good to not post
First: We usually check the spelling / grammar a last time before it's GP ready, QC checks are more about the content (I'll implement this ones anyway though).
Feraligatr might set up on Florges if it needs to since a +2 Waterfall will KO it, about Timid Queen, you might force it out anyway since most Gatrs are DD and therefore Jolly, and I mention in Set Details that you outspeed only Modest Nidoqueen, which I believe is enough to understand it can't outspeed Timid Queen, I also mention AdaKrow (and most Krows are Ada anyway), and I don't think Jolly Tsareena is relevant enough to mention anyway, and about Shaymin, I think I have enough examples of Ice Punch targets and Gatr will not have an easy time using Ice Punch against Shaymin anyway then I don't see a big reason to mention it.

First: We usually check the spelling / grammar a last time before it's GP ready, QC checks are more about the content (I'll implement this ones anyway though).
Feraligatr might set up on Florges if it needs to since a +2 Waterfall will KO it, about Timid Queen, you might force it out anyway since most Gatrs are DD and therefore Jolly, and I mention in Set Details that you outspeed only Modest Nidoqueen, which I believe is enough to understand it can't outspeed Timid Queen, I also mention AdaKrow (and most Krows are Ada anyway), and I don't think Jolly Tsareena is relevant enough to mention anyway, and about Shaymin, I think I have enough examples of Ice Punch targets and Gatr will not have an easy time using Ice Punch against Shaymin anyway then I don't see a big reason to mention it.
My point for Shaymin was more so that if you are mentioning Decidueye that out speeds Adamant Gatr then I'd mention Shaymin as it is a bigger threat.
Feraligatr might set up on Florges from time to time but calling it weak and saying you can set up on it will condition the reader into assuming Florges could never kill a Feraligatr.

teachable

Banned deucer.
My point for Shaymin was more so that if you are mentioning Decidueye that out speeds Adamant Gatr then I'd mention Shaymin as it is a bigger threat.
Feraligatr might set up on Florges from time to time but calling it weak and saying you can set up on it will condition the reader into assuming Florges could never kill a Feraligatr.
Standard Shaymin outspeeds even Jolly Gatr (at +1 even, if its scarf) so it's probably not worth a mention. SD Gatr is mainly for wallbreaking, so mentioning you can setup on Florges and break it is relevant, as if SD Gatr does that it probably served its purpose for your team.

Ok the point I was trying to make is that saying it can set up on 'weak' Pokemon then mentioning a Pokemon that nearly kills it with a Crit after hazards.

The Shaymin point was that if you are mentioning Decidueye (A Pokemon that outspeeds) why not mention Shaymin. Either that or mention neither. It was just a suggestion after all.

I really hate being outsped by +70s so slash Jolly and mention exactly what it outspeeds - Decidueye, Nidoqueen, etc. Superpower is a good alternative to Ice Punch and Crunch despite not being Sheer Force-boosted, as it hits Mega Abomasnow, Porygon2, Umbreon, etc. Make a small mention in moves after Crunch. Flygon deserves a mention in Team Options, as it can set up on Electric-type moves aimed at Feraligatr while Feraligatr takes Ice-type moves all day barring the rare Freeze-Dry. The combination of SD Feraligatr + DD Flygon is a pretty tough combo to stomach, as there isn't really much that can handle both. One last thing, in Usage Tips I would mention how sometimes it's better to just attack than try to set up unless you're guaranteed the ability to set up, as you can bluff DD sets and either force switches that way and then preserve the set until it's absolutely necessary. This might be more of a specific battle strategy than analysis relevant, so feel free to leave this out if you aren't comfortable adding a bit about it. Otherwise,

QC 2/3

Natan

I really hate being outsped by +70s so slash Jolly and mention exactly what it outspeeds - Decidueye, Nidoqueen, etc. Superpower is a good alternative to Ice Punch and Crunch despite not being Sheer Force-boosted, as it hits Mega Abomasnow, Porygon2, Umbreon, etc. Make a small mention in moves after Crunch. Flygon deserves a mention in Team Options, as it can set up on Electric-type moves aimed at Feraligatr while Feraligatr takes Ice-type moves all day barring the rare Freeze-Dry. The combination of SD Feraligatr + DD Flygon is a pretty tough combo to stomach, as there isn't really much that can handle both. One last thing, in Usage Tips I would mention how sometimes it's better to just attack than try to set up unless you're guaranteed the ability to set up, as you can bluff DD sets and either force switches that way and then preserve the set until it's absolutely necessary. This might be more of a specific battle strategy than analysis relevant, so feel free to leave this out if you aren't comfortable adding a bit about it. Otherwise,

QC 2/3
Implemented (I put the final mention) and its written for 3rd QC.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
Hi, QC here.

[Swords Dance]
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Mention Jellicent when you mention Crunch. When mentioning Superpower, mention that it specifically allows you to hit them (Umbreon/Porygon2/Aboma) harder pre-boost, mainly worth mentioning because of Foul Play. Mention that it similarly allows you to hit Water-types neutrally like the other alternative moves mentioned (e.g. "Superpower is another option to hit Water-types neutrally; even though it is not boosted by...bla bla Foul Play...")
Set Details
========
Since Jolly is for outspeeding the positive Speed nature variants of the mons you listen, you could word it in a way that indicates it's to outspeed all of these mons should they have a positive nature. Currently only Nidoqueen mentions having a Speed boosting nature.
Mention some of the notable more-likely OHKOs from having an Adamant nature; notably I can think of increasing chance to OHKO Umbreon/Florges at +2 and a chance to OHKO Milotic after hazards damage with +2 Superpower, if you can think of any others try to fit them in.
Usage Tips
========
What are some specific faster Pokemon Feraligatr should be aiming to weaken to sweep with +2 Aqua Jet? Flygon, Shaymin maybe? Mention some of them.
Team Options
========
Mention that entry hazards are very helpful in assuring you score some OHKOs at +2, such as against Porygon2, Umbreon, Milotic, and Florges.

QC 3/3

Natan

Hi, QC here.

[Swords Dance]
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Mention Jellicent when you mention Crunch. When mentioning Superpower, mention that it specifically allows you to hit them (Umbreon/Porygon2/Aboma) harder pre-boost, mainly worth mentioning because of Foul Play. Mention that it similarly allows you to hit Water-types neutrally like the other alternative moves mentioned (e.g. "Superpower is another option to hit Water-types neutrally; even though it is not boosted by...bla bla Foul Play...")
Set Details
========
Since Jolly is for outspeeding the positive Speed nature variants of the mons you listen, you could word it in a way that indicates it's to outspeed all of these mons should they have a positive nature. Currently only Nidoqueen mentions having a Speed boosting nature.
Mention some of the notable more-likely OHKOs from having an Adamant nature; notably I can think of increasing chance to OHKO Umbreon/Florges at +2 and a chance to OHKO Milotic after hazards damage with +2 Superpower, if you can think of any others try to fit them in.
Usage Tips
========
What are some specific faster Pokemon Feraligatr should be aiming to weaken to sweep with +2 Aqua Jet? Flygon, Shaymin maybe? Mention some of them.
Team Options
========
Mention that entry hazards are very helpful in assuring you score some OHKOs at +2, such as against Porygon2, Umbreon, Milotic, and Florges.

QC 3/3
Ok, added everything. I mentioned Slowbro as its more likely to be KOed by +2 Crunch without Rocks, mentioned Roserade, RotomC and Shaymin stopping Gatr from sweeping with Aqua Jet and I mention the Pokemon I thought fit better, lmk if I should change something and I'll get this ready for GP later.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Aqua Jet

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Swords Dance boosts Feraligatr's already high Attack stat to incredible levels,(AC) allowing it to break most of the defensive Pokemon in RU. STAB Waterfall is the Water-type STAB that will do does a lot to most Pokemon that don't resist it. Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority attack,(AC) allowing it to pick off weakened Pokemon and prevent faster Pokemon such as Salazzle and Swellow from revenge killing it. Ice Punch allows enables (repetition) Feraligatr to hit most of the tier's Water-(AH)resistant Pokemon resists, mainly Grass- and Dragon-types such as Chesnaught, Decidueye, and Dragalge,(AC) for super effective damage and Abomasnow-Mega Mega Abomasnow neutrally. Crunch is also option that allows Feraligatr to hit bulky Water-types such as Slowbro, Jellicent, and Milotic for more damage,(RC) while also hitting the likes of Cresselia and Doublade harder. Superpower can also be used hitting to hit most bulky Water-types neutrally, although it's not boosted by Sheer Force, since it allows Feraligatr to OHKO Abomasnow-Mega Mega Abomasnow unboosted after Stealth Rock damage, OHKO Milotic at +2 after Stealth Rock damage,(AC) OHKO and Porygon2 at +2,(AC) and ensure a 2HKO in Umbreon. However,(AC) Superpower is not boosted by Sheer Force.(period) (much better sentence flow)

Set Details
========
252 EVs in Attack and Speed allows allow Feraligatr to hit as hard and fast as possible. An Adamant nature is used to boost Feraligatr's power even further, allowing it to,(AC) at +2,(AC) OHKO Umbreon, Florges, and Slowbro if Crunch is chosen even and without Stealth Rock damage, and it will also be able to OHKO Milotic with a +2 Superpower. A Jolly nature can also be used allowing it to let Feraligatr outspeed Jolly Decidueye, Timid Nidoqueen, and Timid Hoopa. Sheer Force is used in tandem with Life Orb to make Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Crunch receive a 1.69x damage boost and prevent Life Orb recoil when using these moves.

Usage Tips
========
This set should be used as a wallbreaker in the mid-game, weakening defensive Pokemon in on the opposing team for a teammate to clean up later, but it can also be also be used to clean a game thanks to Aqua Jet. If aiming for that, Feraligatr should wait for faster Pokemon such as Roserade, Shaymin, and Rotom-C to be in range of a +2 Aqua Jet, as they otherwise would be able to take an Aqua Jet,(AC) and KO Feraligatr in return, and then set up in order to clean the game. Sometimes it's better for Feraligatr to just attack if there's no need setting up bluffing to set up in order to bluff a Dragon Dance set, forcing switches and preserve preserving the set until it's necessary. It can find set up setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't KO it such as Florges, Gligar, and Diancie or by forcing switches from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Camerupt-Mega Mega Camerupt.

Team Options
========
This set pairs well with Pokemon that take advantage from of Feraligatr weakening the opposing team. Sharpedo, Shaymin, Flygon, and Durant are examples of Pokemon that appreciate Feraligatr's wallbreaking capabilities. Dragon Dance Flygon in special syngergizes especially synergizes very well with Feraligatr,(AC) as its it's able to come in on Electric-type moves aimed to at Feraligatr,(AC) while Feraligatr can usually take Ice-type moves for Flygon barring the uncommon Freeze-Dry,(RC) and Feraligatr can weaken the opposing team for Flygon to clean up later or vice-versa. Pokemon that can handle Grass-types for Feraligatr such as Salazzle and Moltres are also very appreciated, as they allow Feraligatr to spam use its STAB attacks more easily. Entry hazard support can help Feraligatr weaken the opposing team or clean the game,(RC);(SC) after Stealth Rock damage,(AC) it can always OHKO Umbreon and Florges always and can OHKO Milotic most of the time if Superpower is used. Nidoqueen and Registeel can help setting up set Stealth Rock,(AC) while Chesnaught and Roserade can set Spikes.
GP 1/2

GP 2/2
remove add

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Aqua Jet

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
Swords Dance boosts Feraligatr's already high Attack stat to incredible levels, allowing it to break through most defensive Pokemon in RU. STAB Waterfall does a lot to most Pokemon that don't resist it. Aqua Jet gives Feraligatr a priority attack, allowing it to pick off weakened Pokemon and prevent faster Pokemon such as Salazzle and Swellow from revenge killing it. Ice Punch enables Feraligatr to hit most of the tier's Water-resistant Pokemon, mainly Grass- and Dragon-types such as Chesnaught, Decidueye, and Dragalge, for super effective damage and Mega Abomasnow neutrally for neutral damage. Crunch is also option an alternative that allows Feraligatr to hit bulky Water-types such as Slowbro, Jellicent, and Milotic for more damage, (comma) while also hitting the likes of Cresselia and Doublade harder. Superpower can also be used to hit most bulky Water-types neutrally, OHKO Mega Abomasnow unboosted after Stealth Rock damage, OHKO Milotic at +2 after Stealth Rock damage, OHKO Porygon2 at +2, and ensure a 2HKO in on Umbreon. However, Superpower is not boosted by Sheer Force.

Set Details
========
252 EVs in Attack and Speed allow Feraligatr to hit as hard and fast as possible. An Adamant nature is used to boost Feraligatr's power even further, allowing it to, at +2, +2 Feraligatr to OHKO Umbreon, (comma) and Florges, and OHKO Slowbro if Crunch is chosen and without Stealth Rock damage, and it will also be able to OHKO Milotic with +2 Superpower. A Jolly nature can also be used instead to let Feraligatr outspeed Jolly Decidueye, Timid Nidoqueen, and Timid Hoopa. Sheer Force is used in tandem with Life Orb to make Waterfall, Ice Punch, and Crunch receive a damage boost and prevent Life Orb recoil when using these moves without causing recoil.

Usage Tips
========
This set should be used as a wallbreaker mid-game, weakening defensive Pokemon on the opposing team for a teammate to clean up later, but it can also be used to clean a game team thanks to Aqua Jet. If aiming for that, Feraligatr should wait for faster Pokemon such as Roserade, Shaymin, and Rotom-C to be in KO range of +2 Aqua Jet, as they otherwise would be able to take an Aqua Jet, KO Feraligatr in return, and then set up in order to clean the game sweep. Sometimes It's sometimes better for Feraligatr to just attack if there's no need to set up in order to bluff a Dragon Dance set, forcing switches and preserving the set's HP until it's necessary. It can find setup opportunities against Pokemon that can't KO it such as Florges, Gligar, and Diancie or by forcing switches from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Mega Camerupt.

Team Options
========
This set pairs well with Pokemon that take advantage of Feraligatr weakening the opposing team. Sharpedo, Shaymin, Flygon, and Durant are examples of Pokemon that appreciate Feraligatr's wallbreaking capabilities. Dragon Dance Flygon especially synergizes very well with Feraligatr, as it's able to come in on Electric-type moves aimed at Feraligatr, while Feraligatr can usually take Ice-type moves for Flygon barring the uncommon Freeze-Dry and weaken the opposing team for Flygon to clean up later or vice-versa. Pokemon that can handle Grass-types for Feraligatr such as Salazzle and Moltres are also very appreciated, as they allow Feraligatr to use its STAB attacks more easily. Entry hazard support can help Feraligatr weaken the opposing team or clean the game; after Stealth Rock damage, it can always OHKO Umbreon and Florges and can OHKO Milotic most of the time if Superpower is used. Nidoqueen and Registeel can set Stealth Rock, while Chesnaught and Roserade can set Spikes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)