Monotype Finite - A Fairy Monotype Team

Hey all, I wanted to showcase a team that has brought me very far in monotype tournaments. Specifically this team brought me on my way to win a monotype seasonal, and it is still proving to be very threatening. Finite Incantatem is a spell from Harry Potter, and is a general counter-spell. I chose this as the name to highlight the fact that this is the team I use whenever I want to have a good match-up against someone, as it has a good mu against most of the metagame. I wanted to showcase this team as I have been working on it for a while with many minor changes, and so far this is what I have come up with.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power / Psychic / Hidden Power [Fire]

Mega Diancie is the Rocker and the offensive threat for the team. It's ability in both magic bounce and clear body work really well, particularly against teams that have webs. It is a great offensive mon that forces switches, so I decided I wanted to have it as my Stealth Rocker. Diamond Storm is to get those cheeky +2 defense boosts. Moonblast is great STAB. and the last move is used for coverage. I have tried Earth Power, Psychic, and HP Fire, all of which work great but you can tailor it to what you want.

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot / Thunder Wave
- Roost

Togekiss was the mon I wanted most on the team. Now that clefable wasn't needed for rocks, I needed to have an overall check to steel. Babiri kiss does great at checking steel types, and lives a +2 BP from max atk mega scizor even after rocks, and can easily KO back with a fireblast. I also wanted togekiss because it pressures poison's toxapex and venusaur. Air Slash for flinch and STAB, fireblast for steel types, and roost for longevity. The last slot can be used as Nasty Plot to become a scary threat or be used as thunder wave so you can paraflinch your way to victory. The speed ev's speed creep adamant base 70s.

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z

Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Bulu is a staple on all fairy teams. I was tired of the typical choices sets that mono runs, so I got some inspiration from OU and went for the fightinium set. This set does really well vs steel and normal, types that fairy has trouble with. It can blow back threats like celesteela, p2, and ferrothorn, allowing for the rest of the team to abuse their STABs easier. Bulu also bluffs choice items really well and can be a huge threat to teams once it gets a sub up. Another option is to run Rockium with Stone Edge.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs

Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Koko, another staple of fairy teams. I found it's non choiced sets lacking, and wanted something that can net me KO's easily. Choice specs koko was the pick, and it does great. Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and Dazzling Gleam for the obvious reasons, and HP Fire was chosen so that I could good damage on excadrill and ferrothorn, as they are good switchins. I tried out many sets including taunt, LO, and even banded, all of which disappointed in terms of power. Choice specs was reliable, and it was nice to have a fast and strong fairy stab as the team only has 2 other fairy STAB attacks.

Klefki @ Light Clay

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

The backbone of the team. Klefki is great for the rest of the team by setting up Reflect and Light Screen. It also offers a huge bonus in immunity to poison and neutrality to steel type attacks, and has great synergy with tapu bulu because of grassy terrain halving Earthquake damage. I opted to use foul play over spikes because I found the team susceptible to setup mons, especially given the fact that prankster para got nerfed. Foul play does well to stop set-up sweepers in it's tracks, and also lands good chip damage on various threats.

Azumarill @ Figy Berry

Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Belly Drum Azumarill is a huge threat to almost all teams. Usually, Azumarill runs Z-BD but since the Z move slot was being used by bulu, I decided to put a figy berry on it, allowing it to gain 1/2 it's hp back when at 1/4 or less. This works well because Azu usually survives a lot of hits behind screens, and can get to that point where it can regain its health. This strategy also works great with bulu's terrain up giving it pseudo-lefties.

Overall I had a great time building this team. Thanks to everyone who helped test for it. This team has a few unorthodox sets that catch opponents off guard, and I wanted to experiment with fairy the most as people tend to stick to the same builds with this type. This team is super adaptable to change and a few move switches can allow it to beat pretty much any type. It has some great matchups and some hard ones, but switching around a move or changing speed ev's allows it to be even with pretty much any type. Best of Luck!

This importable has the sets that I am using for the team currently.
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

Azumarill @ Figy Berry
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

This is in no particular order, gonna take notes from others and just randomize it. Sorry for forgetting anyone, msg me with ur salty self if I forgot you. I know I ain’t badged so like this notif will probably go to the ten of you, but if you do happen to see it thanks for everything.

Arbiter Mans

KevinELF - I find it funny how we grew so close so quick outta nowehere, regardless of all the shit talk lmao ur actually decent at whatever it is you do
ArkenCiel - you take Ls in both uno AND mono, kind of sad tbh. Lmao jk I always respected you as player and always looked up to you (but then I got to know you)
Chaitanya1.9 MCVPodge - ur both literally ass at randbats and mono at the same time, tbh idk what shit u gave arken to have him see you as respectable players but beats me. LOL jk yall are alright
Jahkem - aye jahk ur overall just hella chill and always love talkin to you
Crashy - from being rekd by cincinno to now, how far we have come. Love all the banter and ur rock teams are still trash
Izaya Dont see u anymore cuz ur timezone is trash, but been a good timi kirito LOL
Brisked ur alright ig #zigzagoon
Devinp0 – fairy god himself

MPL Team
1 True Lycan SirSkit Pearl soulgazer Pak Jase Duken Pak - Thank you all for supporting me and believing in me each week, it really meant a lot
Sabella - for always having my back and believing in me. I learned a lot from you and I always looked up to you as a player
Leru - mono innovator of 2017 holy shit ur builds are so bad that theyre fire idgi
Wanka such a bro, thanks for all the help

Phoenix Mans
Eien - Damn BOI, look where ur at now. You have a few promises you gotta keep :^) so dont you forget em. From being the admin of phoenix to admin of all of mono. Also you cant roast me anymore someone told me u literally have 1 point in 2 ssnls tf lmao how dare u roast my teams. Again tho, thanks for everything you’ve done for me and the mono community, and you are a great friend.
iLlama - aye, i still rmr u passing me my first ground team in gen6. Stay slaying in all those other metas u play with cata and shit, all above me since ubers to me is still 6 arceus.
Vodoom zugubu royale - just like how llama couldnt write seperate shit for you, same here. Ur both equally bad except zugu is actually innovative with his builds and berries. I suggest teambuilding together. Although I have two berries on this team so that basically means this is a berrytime team thanks zugu for the inspo. Fkn egyptian and german combo what a mess
maroon - owner of all secret rooms and 30 million alts. Lmao exca i actually love talking to you and youve been a real one since time.
Bitana - damn boi, from only using low tier types, I see you snaking that motto and using fairy and shit. Lmao i knew youd be a great battler once u started exploring, and you definitely are proving me right
Seo. LOL hi doc, damn you been making a meme of yourself since time. I think it's time you actually started getting good at something, so step on it. Sike youre arab mustache self is actually hella cool and sometimes a good battlers
Anob lmao my literal main man, my tutee <3

Others:

6ti - miss those skype days where we literally talked about danganronpa for god knows how long. Miss u in mono tbh, come back bo
KuraiTenshi26 - OU daddy
Lax - youve become such a nice person and it's been great talking to you
Paleo - thanks for being a great tour host and mono leader, I been lookin up to you as a battler
Catalystic - AG daddy, lmao miss the lotus days

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)