Fire Emblem [Discord Channel in OP]

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hey everyone. I know Smogon has quite a few Fire Emblem fans. Figured we could use this topic to just spitball about older FE games or discuss the new ones.

I'll try to update this thread with upcoming events and games, though it won't be for a few days. Until then feel free to discuss anything Fire Emblem related here.

Feel free to join us on our Discord! Click here for a link!

Channel is still under construction so pardon me during the cleanup. D:

Previous Drafts
=====
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fire-emblem-discord-channel-in-topic.3594463/#post-7243997

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fire-emblem-discord-channel-in-topic.3594463/#post-7215818

Last edited by a moderator:

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just to see if there's interest outside of the Discord Channel and, of course, to help make it more friendly to view in a way I have also decided to post the draft in the Discord channel. Everyone is free to sign up and we can create more groups for people if needed.

We're starting with FE7!

Drafting - HNM

1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Geitz and Wallace will remain undrafted.
5. Marcus is banned after Chapter 16.
6. The game will be played on Hector Normal Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.

Drafting - HHM
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Hector, Marcus, Merlinus, Ninian/Nils, and Athos are free for all to use.
3. Bartre and Karla are drafted as a pair.
4. Geitz and Wallace will remain undrafted.
5. The game will be played on Hector Hard Mode, skipping Lyn Mode.
6. If LTC is allowed the rules may be changed slightly. Please bear this in mind.

Rules
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, talking to Fargus in Chapter 17x, or Seizing Castles in Chapter 25.
3. All Gaiden Chapters except 19xx, 23x and 28x are required to be visited. 23x and 28x may be visited at the player's discretion, and don't count towards the total turncount up to 20 turns taken per chapter.
4. Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Exceptions:
1. Matthew is free for Chapter 11.
2. Meatshielding is allowed for Chapter 13x.
3. Lyn, Kent, Sain and Wil are free for Chapter 16.
4. Undrafted Thieves may be used to obtain necessary Promotion items.

Units available for draft
Matthew
Serra
Oswin
Eliwood
Lowen
Rebecca
Dorcas
Bartre/Karla
Guy
Erk
Priscilla
Florina
Lyn
Sain
Kent
Wil
Raven
Lucius
Canas
Dart
Fiora
Legault
Isadora
Heath
Rath
Hawkeye
Farina
Pent
Louise
Karel
Harken
Nino
Jaffar
Vaida
Renault

HOW TO SIGN-UP
- In the Discord Channel there will be a link to the Google Doc where you can edit your name. You can place your name here.
- You can also sign up here on the forums if you'd like. All you have to do is post the following:
-- What mode you're interested in playing (HNM or HHM)
-- Casual or LTC (Casual = laid back setting, no real goal aside from finishing the game with the drafted characters you have. LTC = lowest turn count possible. The LTC one will change with the rules for Marcus.

I'll also update the sign-up list here.

CURRENT SIGN-UPS

HNM Signups
======
Colonel M (GMT +5)- LTC
Kawaii Kyouko (GMT +1) - Casual
Dread Arceus (GMT -6) - Casual
King_ (PST) - Casual
Walrein (CST) - LTC
Fireburn (EST) - Either
Moonbound (EST) - LTC
Martin (GMT) - Casual
Gabe (EST) - Casual

HHM Signups
======
Colonel M -- Casual
Fireburn (EST) -- Casual
King_ (PST) - Casual
Walrein (CST) - Casual
Blazade - Casual

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I envy you hardcore guys. I'm a total wimp at this series, with the only remotely impressive thing I've done being that I figured out how to LTC Heirs of Fate End... on Easy.

I'm really excited for Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I hope it does well so we get more remakes (modern Genealogy of the Holy War would be cash).

I've also been playing The Sacred Stones Normal on and off on my 3DS. The menus feel really clunky compared to the modern stuff, but it's still good.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
King said he'll give it a try. If there's technical issues we'll just find a replacement or something.

Unfortunately no LTC - only 4 showed up and 6 Casuals. No worries, though.

Here are the HNM Teams:

Squad A
=====

theangryscientist (CST) - Casual
Dread Arceus (GMT -6) - Casual
Fireburn (EST) - Either
Colonel M (GMT +5)- LTC
Walrein (CST) - LTC

Squad B
=====

Martin (GMT) - Casual
King_ (PST) - Casual
moonbound (EST) - LTC
Gabe (EST) - Casual

HHM Team:

Fireburn (EST) -- Casual
King_ (PST) - Casual
Walrein (CST) - Casual
Ghostwheel (EST) - Casual

Substitute - theangryscientist

For newer players (and veterans alike) I highly recommend this to at least give an overview of the characters and some information. This will be useful for drafting: https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/

I need a couple hours of sleep, but I will try to get stuff set up to see if we can do a live draft in 2 hours. I may need a volunteer to monitor Squad B's draft and HHM - if anyone's interested PM me and I'll figure something out.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Colonel M

If we're drafting in two hours I probably won't be able to make it (that and there are some technical issues on my end). Go ahead and sub TAS or whoever in my place if you need to, as I'm not 100% sure if I'll know what I'm doing anyway hahaha

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
He's a sub for HHM.

Communicate among yourselves on when you want to do a draft. I will relay the information to Gabe (so if you do a PM just invite me in there).

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The HHM draft has also commenced with the following teams:

KawaiiKyouko: Sain / Pent / Flora / Farina / Bartre&Karla / Rath / Louise
Walrein: Florina / Lucius / Guy / Legault / Isadora / Hawkeye / Wil
King: Priscilla / Oswin / Erk / Lyn / Eliwood / Rebecca / Jaffar
Ghostwheel: Raven / Lowen / Canas / Dart / Karel / Vaida / Nino
Fireburn: Kent / Serra / Heath / Matthew / Harken / Dorcas / Renault

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
hello we are attempting to empirically determine who the best female unit (henceforth referred to as Best Girl) is

if you would like to nominate anyone for consideration as Best Girl please direct your attention to this form

after a few days i'll take every unit that gets more than one unique nomination and move on to phase 2

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
Round 1 results:
Caeda - 86.2%
Oboro - 13.8%

Catria - 72.4%
Hinoka - 27.6%

Lyn - 65.5%
Corrin - 34.5%

Eirika - 82.8%
Morgan - 17.2%

Lute - 41.4%
Lucina - 58.6%

Anna - 41.4%
Cordelia - 58.6%

Palla - 72.4%

Sumia - 27.6%

Ayra - 48.3%
Robin - 51.7%

Fir - 41.4%
Micaiah - 58.6%

Mia - 69%

Priscilla - 31%

Ilyana - 37.9%
Cecilia - 62.1%

Jill - 37.9%
Lilina - 62.1%

Severa/Selena - 55.2%

Clarine - 44.8%

Felicia - 48.3%
Camilla - 51.7%

-------------------------

round 2 bracket looks a little weird so that we don't wind up with an odd number of people going into the next round but it's here

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!

FIRE EMBLEM - SACRED STONES DRAFT

(Note to self - finish FE7 CM you goon)

per request.

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 4 players.

2. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.

3. Seth is banned from all use.

4. The game will be played on Hard Mode - and Easier Modes if Requested.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed until both routes are over. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. OPTIONAL: Once you get to the Route Split, make a save and keep it. Play a route first. After that route is done, load the other save and do the other route.

7: Turncount is totaled from Prologue to Endgame. Tower is regarded as optional fun if you want.

Exceptions:

1. Ross and Amelia can be towered to 10/1 in the tower during the game. Ewan can be trained to 10/5.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter. Except in Tower of Valni/Lagdou Ruins in Creature Campaign in which he's free.

3. Doing the boots trick will result in 1000 turn penalty, so do not do it.

You may sign up with preference in here or the Google Docs: http://tinyurl.com/SmogFE8

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)