Battle Spot First BS Singles Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, this is my first bs team, so dont be to hard on me. I wanted to make a team thats fun to use and has 2 or 3 pokes in it that u dont see that often.

1. Naganadel
Choice Scarf
Beast boost
Modest
252 spe/252spatk
-sludge wave
-flame thrower
-d-pulse
-u-turn
This is my sweeper. I used modest to get a spatk boost from beast boost.

2. Bronzong
Choice band
Brave
0 speed ivs
252 atk/252health
-explosion
-zen headbutt
-gyroball
-trick
Covers many weaknesses and cripples walls with trick.
3. Mimikyu
Focus sash
Disguise
Adamant
252 atk/252hp
-sword dance
-shadow sneak
-play rough
-will o wisp
At least a 3 hit ko, has many set up chances.
4. Kartana
Life orb
Beast boost
Jolly
252 spe/252atk
-leaf blade
-psycho cut
-sacred sword
-knock off

5. Starmie
Waterium z
Analytic
Timid
252 spatk/252 spe
-hydro pump
-ice Beam
-thunder bold
-psyshock
It covers kartanas weaknesses. Shall i use a more bulky set?
6. Murkrow
Eviolite
Prankster
Bold
252hp/100 def/152spdef
-roost
-feather dance
-calm mind
-dark pulse
I needed a dark type because of my ghost weaknesses in my team and i think murkrow is tge right choice + i really like this poke.

Is this team trash? Any suggestions? Im always happy for replies.

Welcome to smogon!

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but this team doesn’t look too good.

Firstly, your formatting needs work. Your imports should never abbreviate, even if you use ‘EQ’ instead of earthquake. Never use lists in your formats.

Naganadel
Choice Scarf
Beast boost
Modest
252 spe/252spatk
-Sludge Wave
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-U-Turn

EVs should be listed in the order of HP/Atk/Def/SpAtk/SpDef/Spe. Use only those abbreviations. Also, you can use up to 508 EVs on smogon, meaning 252/252/4 sets are possible.

This, your naganandel set now looks like-

Naganadel @ Choice Scarf / Life Orb
Beast boost
Modest/Timid Nature
4Atk/252 SpAtk/ 252 Spe
-Sludge Wave
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse
-U-Turn/Nasty Plot (if running life orb)

Really quickly, as for set changes, change Flamethrower to Fire Blast and slash LO and Nasty Plot. When it is time to import this, remove the moves you don’t want to use. I’m a singles player so IDK the changes are good for BSS.

The best test for if your formatting works is inputting it into Smogon’s Ps servers and see if it works. If it doesn’t, build the set there and click the inport/export button on the summary screen to have the formats you need. Copy/paste them, Your formatting should now be fixed

Onto descriptions. They should be bettter than one line. Let’s look at your naganandel set again.

This is my sweeper. I used modest to get a spatk boost from beast boost

Much too short. You should talk more about it’s roles on the team.

Naganandel is this team’s main revenge killer (if scarf) / setup sweeper (if life). It uses a modest/timid nature to get a boost to speed/special attack. With support, it can decimate opponents with dual stab and Fire Blast/Flamethrower.

Much better. Make sure to do this to all of them if you can.

Now, onto sets. I’m low on time/space so let me just list them.

Add four more EVs to each set.
Run ghostium z on mimikyu
Change Will o Wisp on Mimikyu.

There are other changes, but I will add them later.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at RMTs in Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)