Monotype Gangnam Style

Get it? It's a mono.... Psy. GET IT??? I should stop, but I won't.

Well, I like Gen 5, and I like Victini and Meloetta, and both are psychic types (Yes, this is why it's a mono Psy team)!!!! ok im bored lets get to it

Prince (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Thunder

I used to run Phys Victini, but I wasn't a fan of it, and I just realized my entire team has SpA attackers fuck fuck fuck decided to switch over to SpA. Victory Star is basically Compound Eyes but a bit worse in Singles, but it's still pretty good. The worst thing about switching over from Physical to Special is losing pivoting potential with U-Turn, and it really hurts sometimes, but everyone expects Victini to use V-create or whatever so seeing them switch over to a physical wall is pretty funny. Blue Flare and Psychic are STABs, Focus Miss and Thunder are low accuracy moves but Victory Star fixes that!!! Not really!! It still works though, I'm pretty lucky. They're also very good coverage moves to have, since I struggle a lot when it comes to Mono Dark. Scarf is pretty useful and I don't think I'll swap it for something like Specs.

Princess (Meloetta) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Relic Song
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Psychic

Before you ask, I have no idea of what I did with my EVs. More Atk is good for U-turn pivoting and Close Combat when needed, but my SpA feels a bit too low. Other than that, it's pretty simple. Had no Special moves and Aria has a good SpD, so Assault Vest is more than welcome. Pirouette deals with Dark-types very well, and is pretty handy against Ghosts due to its Normal-type. I'm pretty satisfied with her overall, but there's definitely room for improvement.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

I always lead with Mew due to no one knowing what it'll do. Knock Off? Toxic? Dumb bullshit?? Nah, Genesis Supernova. It's a good SR setter, it has good pivoting potential, good nuke potential, some coverage with Shadow Ball, but I feel like there's a better SR setter out there, and a better terrain setter too. Still, he's a pretty fun dude to have and he's incredibly versatile even thought I don't use his versatility at all but shh.

Gardevoir (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Trace is a pretty funny Ability to have and being able to Trace stuff like Beast Boost, Levitate, Lightning Rod, etc. is absurdly useful and makes Garde a really strong sweeper. Yeah, another Scarf user, but I really needed a Fairy-type and I forgot Tapu Lele is a thing what the hell. Anyways, she has incredible coverage and a pretty large movepool, I was just really desperate for a Fairy-type since Starmie was way too frail, and Scarf Medicham was way too weak and had limited movepool, so I'm glad to have Garde around.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Once again, I have no idea of what's going on here. Latias is an amazing Special wall and a pretty good defogger, so that's what I was going for here. Calm Mind is pretty good for bulkying up, Defog is, well, Defog, Roost is a good recovery move and recovery is always good to have when you're a wall, and Psyshock over Psychic allows me to hit Chansey, who hard walls most of my team members.

Peggy (Slowbro-Mega) (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk

CroCune, but with a ton of Def, crit immunity, and more resistances. I don't think I need to explain this, I just spam Calm Mind and Scald, I get poisoned or something, use Rest, Sleep Talk twice, yeah you've figured it out already, you're smart. I also have no idea of what I did with my EVs and Nature, I just think more Def is neat. I'm very happy with her and don't want to remove her from my team at all.

lol anyways thats it, hope you guys have a good time or something, watch madoka magica and play 999. bye

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Introduction
Hi Peababy, very interesting team. I have a few ideas for you to make it better in the current Monotype metagame. The first thing I noticed was really the lack of a physical attackers so that is where I started to fix your team.

Major Changes
Metagross>Meloetta

:metagross:>:meloetta:
This substitution was quite simple, Metagross can set Stealth Rock for the team. This move is pretty much essential for every Monotype team, and can check the main Ghost-type threat in Mimikyu to Psychic teams, which was one of the stated reasons you had for using Meloetta. The Kasib Berry is specifically for the Mimikyu matchup against Fairy teams. Metagross also usually runs Thunder Punch on this set, which is used to nail Mantine and Azumarill. However Mantine has fallen from relevance in the past few months in Monotype, while the latter has plenty of checks on the team already such as Latias and Celebi. Additionally Meteor Mash+Bullet Punch can already be very useful against Azumarill. For this reason I went with Pursuit to better improve the Psychic mirror.

Celebi>Gardevoir
:celebi:>:gardevoir:
Quite frankly, Gardevoir is straight up a pretty garbage Pokemon. It is bad speed control and does not really provide any valuable support. Celebi is a fantastic utility Pokemon for the team, being able to act as a status absorber, acting as a form of speed control with Thunder Wave and being able to check threats to the team such as Mega Sharpedo. Celebi also thanks to its Grass typing and reliable form of recovery makes it a solid Ground resist for the team. The Special Attack EVs allow Celebi to always OHKO Mega Sharpedo with Energy Ball, not leaving the game to a roll. The Speed then allows it to outpace Adamant Diggersby.

Minor Changes
Victini

:victini:
Victini is indeed a staple Pokemon on Psychic teams, however your set is a bit off. So instead since there were no other physical attackers bar Metagross on the team I changed Victini to be a Choice Band set. This gives the team a proper physical wallbreaker that can pretty much 2HKO the entire metagame. Bolt Strike allows it to hit Water-types such as Toxapex that can switch into V-Create, U-turn allows Victini to gain momentum for the team, and Trick can be used to cripple walls. However Trick can be easily replaced by moves such as Brick Break to target Pokemon like Heatran, since Mew already beats down walls with ease.

Latias
:latias:
Latias has become the teams speed control, since I threw out Gardevoir I made Latias the Choice Scarf user. Latias does a few things for the team, the first being an emergency Defogger, being able to outspeed threats such as Blacephalon, and acting as utility by giving Mega Slowbro another life with Healing Wish. Its STAB moves are placed there just so it can hit with some power.

Mew
:mew:
Mew acts as the teams stallbreaker. Originally you had Mew as the z-move user and Stealth Rock user, but it does not really play that role viably. Unfortunately I could not fit a z-move on this team, however it does not really need it. While I know you said Knock Off was not it, it really does help check so many Pokemon and it seemed like you were using a bad Defensive Mew set or at least thinking of one. This Mew can outspeed Mimikyu and Suicune, while also being able to take on powerful wallbreakers such as Landorus and Nidoking by removing their Life Orb with Knock Off. Additionally, it can easily cripple Physical Attackers such as Bisharp, Mega Scizor, and Dragonite. Taunt also allows it to prevent Pokemon from setting hazards, clering hazards, or spreading status and can annoy Pokemon such as RestTalk Mega Steelix.

Mega Slowbro
:slowbro-mega:
The set I changed it to is the standard Calm Mind Mega Slowbro set. RestTalk is far to unreliable and now with Healing Wish Latias, Rest is kind of bad. Psychic allows it to hit Pokemon such as Toxapex that this team has trouble with disregarding the fact that it is a Psychic team. The Speed EVs are also for the Poison and Water matchup, which allows it to outspeed Toxapex and OHKO it with boosted Psychic before it can Haze away Mega Slowbro's boosts.

Conclusion
:sm/victini: :sm/mew: :sm/latias: :sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/celebi: :sm/metagross:
{team can be found by clicking on the sprites above}
This is the final version of your team after I tweaked it around a bit to play more easily. Anyway, good luck with the team and hope you enjoy playing with my version of the team. If you have any questions let me know, I'm maroon on PS! and maroon#1999 on discord and wouldn't mind answering any potential questions, comments, or concerns!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)