Gen 2 PS Development - Post bugs here

SD currently seems to be not correctly implemented when used by Marowak.

Marowak with 13 ATK DVs using SD when at +2 already, it should fail. Since +2 13 ATK DV Marowak caps at 999 already there.
Currently it does not do that, so Marowak can overflow due to that.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-297058
Source: Too lazy to find one but I asked CE to research it up if he could by testing it out again, but I am 100% sure SD should fail when used a 2nd time by HP Bug or any 13 ATK DV Marowak.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I believe max sleep turns is indeed done wrong for gsc, since it looks identical to me to ADV and DPP mechanics on the github.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't know about the whole multi-stat booster thing, but Thick Club acts like Reflect/LS in that it's a multiplier applied after conventional stat boosts. That's why all of them can break 1023 (or 1024 whichever one it is) and roll back around to the extreme low end, where otherwise stats are capped at 999. e.g. +2 Marowak doesn't have 999 Attack, it has 508 (516) Attack multipled by two to reach 1016 (or 1032... mod 1024 down to single digits). Now, maybe we've been wrong for 20 years on that front but I'm willing to say there's a good reason we have this behavior on sims, because it's awfully hard not to take notice of your perfect Marowak doing zippo damage on-cart back in the day and the bright minds of the Interwebs dug in and figured out what was happening. Much different than the functionally irrelevant "can Steelix Curse to +6 Defense" and remembering whether or not the Defense portion of the boost gave you a failure message, or the strictly under-the-hood nature of Drumming with 286+ Attack unmodified.

It's relevant for purposes of Charm/Growl which are common. Snorlax can miss out on a lot of KOs in these scenarios when properly implemented. It's not just a message, the actual stat boosts are higher than they should be, so when you reduce them they will be at a higher stat level than they should be. not sure what you're trying to say tbh mr.e.

Even though Marowak boosted past 999 with thick club, for some reason I think I remember testing and finding that Thick Club and the like don't affect whether or not stats fail to boost. Someone would need to test if a second swords dance fails or not. 99% sure this is working on sim identically to in-game (except failing stat boosts after 999 before thick club).

Tangentially related, but I don't think anyone ever fixed Swagger at +6/max failing. In-game it says that the move missed regardless of accuracy and Lock-On if the target is unable to further boost its stat (i.e. 999 or +6).
Edit: Just happened to see this on PS, looks like Swagger is working properly now. Guess nobody posted :(

nope still broken

Last edited:
Reactions: BKC
Smeargle should always go to +6 from Belly Drum despite prior stat boosts on the other hand since it never hits the 999 cap. Anyone know what the sim is doing with regards to this?

Also there's still the problem with just simple stat boosting caps overall which don't seem to be implemented.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
the bug is probably that it's a breeding move in gsc and you need a tm in rby to add the other move. the ban should only include gsc-exclusive moves that are egg moves.

uhM, excuse ME this is mucho problemo
it looks like paralysis is boosting speed. marowak definitely does not get outsped by paralyzed machamp. (it had lefties, so no quick claw).
Zarel

edit: after testing, paralysis is not affecting speed at all

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
this is a rather strange one, a couple weeks ago PS allowed lvl 5 Eevee to use Growth and Baton Pass in the same set but now it won't, I've also noticed that it isn't working with Reflect either

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Not a bug at all butd didn't know where else I would drop it:

https://i.imgur.com/NFYvq2a.png

Sleep Counter (only affects GSC) should reset when any pokèmon with Sleep Talk which HP isn't full pulls Rest and heals up that way, since doing that resets the Sleep Counter of the pokémon to 0 again.
Good catch, should be fixed next client update.
this is a rather strange one, a couple weeks ago PS allowed lvl 5 Eevee to use Growth and Baton Pass in the same set but now it won't, I've also noticed that it isn't working with Reflect either
Eevee only learns Baton Pass at level 36, which makes it incompatible with an event move while underleveled, and even if you do breed Baton Pass down, it can't be transferred back to Gen 1 to get Reflect by TM.

"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Exeggutor has an HP DV of 15, but its Atk, Def, Spe, and Spc DVs give it an HP DV of 3."

I double checked that the HP DV was 3 and then tried resetting the hidden power to fire, still had this error message when validating. This is kind of a big deal, fix plx.

edit: it's only messing up when the HP DV changes, so i guess its an issue with sending the hp dv? idk

Last edited:
I'm having the same problems. Literally wont let you battle with modded hidden power DV's? Checked the numbers & they all look bang on the money

Rapid Spin + Explosion isn't supposed to be legal (turn 17). don't make it legal pls, thx.

I tested it out in teambuilder and the team passes with the illegal set. There seems to be a lot of shit going wrong with team validation.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
"Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Exeggutor has an HP DV of 15, but its Atk, Def, Spe, and Spc DVs give it an HP DV of 3."

I double checked that the HP DV was 3 and then tried resetting the hidden power to fire, still had this error message when validating. This is kind of a big deal, fix plx.

edit: it's only messing up when the HP DV changes, so i guess its an issue with sending the hp dv? idk
[screenshots of HP DV validation bug]
Fixed

Rapid Spin + Explosion isn't supposed to be legal (turn 17). don't make it legal pls, thx.

I tested it out in teambuilder and the team passes with the illegal set. There seems to be a lot of shit going wrong with team validation.
Fixed

It still seems to be doing it for me. If I change the hidden power to ice it's fine, if I change it back to water it throws that rejection message.

Yeah, looking at the disassembly, Metal Powder, critical hits, and type-boosting items are currently calculated in the wrong place. Will be fixed eventually™.
Yeah crits only multiply the level in rby; gsc has a lot of similarities, but i don't believe that's one of them.

The boosting cap still isn't fixed/implemented. SD Wak with HP Bug DVs shouldn't be able to successfully use SD again at +2 already, Snorlax should not get another atk boost after the 5th curse etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)