Gen 6 Articles Claims/Suggestions

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Unlike analyses, the articles will not necessarily be first come first served, especially for the most lengthy, complicated and important guides. Don't let this put you off from helping though, even if we think it best for someone else to run it no article is a one person job. There will be a lot of content checking to be done and discussion to be had, especially for the threat lists where almost all the work is done by the C&C community.

Mechanics articles:

Sixth Gen Changes

Ideally written by someone involved with 6th gen testing, or at least with the help of people who have been. A section for major changes which players will run into often in battle, then later sections with more detail. The removal of various 4th and 5th gen "glitches" should be noted. New items and abilities need not be covered by this (they will have their own pages once the site is updated with 6th gen), only changes to existing mechanics.

Triples / Rotation / Inverse Mechanics

Collect up all the information we have about how the alternate formats function, try to get anything you are unsure about tested. Depending on how many differences there are from standard play and how much detail is given, this could conceivably be split into three.

Threat Lists

Threat lists will be run as community projects. Each Pokemon will receive a very brief description of its abilities. Examples of entries for each threat list will be provided before the projects start. If you wish to be in charge of a threat list you will be responsible for organizing contributions to it and most importantly ensuring quality in all submissions by correcting or rejecting substandard ones. You should have significant knowledge about the metagame, be able to write well and organize a group, and be willing to dedicate some time to the project.

From now on they will be done in the individual tier's forum.

Speed Tiers

Speed Tiers are best run by a single individual with considerable metagame knowledge, though having several others checking their work is very important. Speed Tiers are much easier projects to run than Threat Lists. Speed tiers do not require much complex writing, just a straight list of what to include in this format:

Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EV Investment / Boost

From now on they will be done in the individual tier's forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though Pokebank is unreleased I'd like to note that I'm highly interested in working on the Overused threatlist when it does come.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, with blarajan's approval I will be heading up our new mega LC article with the help of various contributors, PM me if interested.

"A Little Help?!" - Everything You Need to Know about LC

Pending permission of the powers that be, this article will include the threat list, speed tiers, and a lot of other important information regarding Little Cup in a beautiful format.

Kind regards, tidings of comfort and joy.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
IDK when this'll happen, but I'd be happy to help with an Ubers threatlist as well, if there aren't too many people on the job.
(Sorry for the bump)

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I'm sure I can help with the ubers threatlist too, if there aren't already too many on the job.. I hang out in the Ubers chatroom on PS anyway and have started writing a couple of Pokebank XY Analyses (for Mawile and Scizor) already.

Last edited:
Nothing too important here, just letting everyone know that I'd be interested in helping with the OU threatlist.

I know this is not on the list but could I write an article about VGC teambuilding archetypes? For example, Sun, Rain, Goodstuffs. I would give a brief explanation as well as a couple example pokemon for each.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Canman I'll link u into the convo it's in, if I'm unable I'll get riley or someone to.
Are u interested in maybe starting up getting ubers speed tiers with me?
I know I've left scizor for so long still >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)