SM OU Gen 7 OU Mega Gyarados Team Featuring Zygarde

I'm gonna be honest, this is my first RMT so We'll have to see how this goes... I made a m-gyarados team that works pretty well. Here are the sets and explanation for each.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Waterfall

The jewel of the team, and the main sweeper. Mega-Gyarados is probably one of the best water-mega type pokemon and it has crazy good sweeping potential. On a switch in with intimidate and mega into a dragon dance, while also getting mold breaker, an incredible ability. Whenever I get the chance I also like to sub, just for that extra fail-safe. It also serves as the team's main wallbreaker.

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

In my opinion, this is the best ultra beast. The great health it has, combo-ed with the defense and spdef work great for what I want it to do. Mainly it checks mega scizor, which can destroy my lele and clef, which is no bueno. It also stops setup sweepers to an extent as it can leech seed then attempt to stall it with protect and heavy slam. Other than that this beauty just serves every purpose I want it to.

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

A mon that lost its touch this gen. Tornadus-Therian is a great monster for defogging. All I need to do is switch it in, defog, and then switch out, while also getting a 33% heal on my mon. I can also spam that with cele to stall out teams, abusing his regenerator. I have the flying z crystal for my skystrike to combo with hurricane for about 185 damage iirc.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Thousand Arrows
- Crunch

I know what you're thinking..." That's a great zygarde set. In reality it is. Once zygarde gets 2 dragon dances up. It outspeeds lele, which can't priority hit it. One slap to the face with an iron tail and Lele is benched. The thousand arrows are there for obvious flyingtype hitting STAB and crunch for a dark type hit if gyarados dies. I currently am indifferent about having crunch or extreme speed, but crunch seems to work good for me right now.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

The thing zygarde checks to an extent, how ironic... Tapu Lele gives that one-tapu-a-team mentality all OU teams need, and also checks scarfchomp, mvenu and msab, which can be big threats to the team. The psychic surge is good to let my zygarde set up and sweep a team to bits.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

My rock setter, my baby, my one true love. Clef stops some setup sweepers and sets up rocks. What better do you need? Besides some poison types like salazzle, mvenu, or toxapex, nothing really hits this that hard. Also there aren't any steel sr setters besides tran to threaten this with a flash cannon. All-in-all I think this set is also topped off to perfection with the calm mind to stop spa on this beast.

That's my team. Feel free to post any tips or corrections you'd make, but the entire team is here @ http://pokepast.es/676274d7184857af

Thanks for reading xOliver aka Tntkaching out!

Searing Victory

Banned deucer.
Hi, okay decent team. Some of the sets are a no go. I'll correct them and give a bit more advice. I see why you could use unaware for set up mons. But if it gets toxic on its dead weight. Looking at your team you have enough set up sweepers. While cele is good you still need another mon to take damage. I prefer wish so you can wish pass and heal up, aswell as heal bell to get rid of any status because toxic on any of these mons is annoying and playing against stall aint fun with this team. I don't like sub gyara but eh, i prefer eq to hit tapu koko or toxapex so you arnt walled or even ice fang for grass types. Focus blast on a non specs lele is a no go for me. Pluss missing alot. And if you're not gonna run bulk on zy atleast use a weakness policy for added power. Aswell i see a huge kyurem b weakness.
Edits:

Bounceh (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hated? (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Zygarde @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 Atk / 88 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed

Hope you enjoy these editz.

Nice team you got there. The only suggestions I would make is to replace U-turn with Heat Wave on Tornadus, because the fire coverage to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor is worth it. Or you could run Superpower over U-turn as an alternative to hit pokemon that Tornadus would normally switch out on, such as Tyranitar and especially Heatran, who can threaten 3 members of your team. U-turn is a good move, but you won't need it much

641TMS.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave/Superpower
- Defog

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)