SM OU Gen2Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there guys! 2nd post here, first one was my best rated team (1800): https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/set-an-go-my-way-to-1800.3643550/#post-7956967.

Now I made a personal challenge to myself: make a team only from Gen 2 and try to make it work as best as I can. Right now it's rated around 1600 points on my account (Gen2Hype) and I think I'm getting to a really good team overall so here it is:

skarmory.gif

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Roost​

First mon of the team and your main physical wall. Skarm is just too good to be true: has the ability to control hazards, cheap away with spikes + rocky helmet, whirwilnd to prevent set up and has self sustain. Deals with Lando-T, Mega-Lopunny, Kartana and many other big attackers in the tier. One of my favourite Gen2 mons and definetly core in how this team works.

blissey.gif

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock​

Next member is Blissey, the perfect glue to Skarmory's weak SpD. Checks almost uncontested any SpA mon and can Toxic to death alongside Soft-Boiled, sets the Stealth Rocks to cheap away with smart switchs-ins to Skarmory to avoid physical damage and has an incredible ability in Natural Cure to prevent being Toxic'ed.

quagsire.gif

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover​

Quagsire is my favourite mon from Gen2 and the final part of this 3mon core to use this team. Deals with uncontrolable set up'ed mons, has a really good double stab that helps facing things such as Heatran, Koko and even Mega-Mawile (though is no switch in).

entei.gif

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge​

First damaging mon of the team is big boy Entei. Huge damage output with a powerful stab and a really strong attack as Sacred Fire with the 50% burn can open doors for the rest of the team on a burnt Lando or Zygarde. Extreme Speed can also be a powerful late game cleaner to deal with mons such as Greninja or Mega-Alakazam. The only issue with this is you have to run Adamant otherwise you can't have ES (Event locked).

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance​

Second damage dealer and objectively the best mon in Gen2. It's double stab is unique and has a huge natural bulk paired up with Sandstorm. Can set up on moves such as U-Turn or a weak stab Dazzling Gleam from Koko, Giga drain from defensive Tangrowth or even Earth Power from Heatran and activate it's Weakness Policy. Extremely good only con being it's speed tier needing to have a second DD sometimes to deal with some mons.

feraligatr.gif

Feraligatr @ Groundium Z
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake​

Last addition to the team but very important. Groundium Z helps dealing with Toxapex and Magearna and avoiding dmg from Knock Off helping a better set up. Ice Punch with 1 DD 2HKOs Tangrowth on switch. Gatr can be a huge deal in the OU tier imo.

This is the final team, I've been through some other mons such as Espeon, Raikou but overall the idea of the team has been what I've showned. Hope I get to Top 500 at least with the team and looking forward to try some other ladder challenge :)

Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules state that you cannot post more then one RMT every two weeks. After two weeks has passed from the post date of the thread, I will unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)