Multifaction/FFA Genius Game - Grand Final - Main Match 3 (Draft Mafia)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The strikes were:
Twin: Animal Map, Dog, Anaments
Flyhn: 9001, Animal Map, Indian Spades

Apparently no one wants to play Animal Map!

The possible death matches are thus: 1 Survives, Wishing Well, Treasure Map.

Random.org says: 2!

So, we will be playing Wishing Well!

Remember, the match will be played at 10 AM Sunday. Flyhn and Thetwinmasters, make sure that you get there by 9:45 so we can start promptly at 10. I really, really do not want to DQ someone so please make every effort to be there on time and, if you know you will not, let me know asap.

Cheers and so you all on Sunday!

UncleSam

Leading this village
I have added a rule, in bold, to the Wishing Well deathmatch after further thought. See the document for details. Essentially, you must actually make a variety of different wishes.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Flyhn has beaten Twin in Wishing Well! Log here:
UncleSam-Today at 10:56 AM
ok ill give ou each until

11 am pst

to submit a wish

if you both submit earlier ill just reveal the r1 results

earlier obvious

ly*

alright, and in round 1 twin added 3 to his score, and flyhn dropped the winning score by 53

it is now round 2, the winning score is 147

ill give you each until 11:04 pst

to make your round 2 wish

UncleSam-Today at 11:02 AM
ok round 2, flyhn added 9 and twin added 20. So, Flyhn's score is now 9, twin's is 3, and the winning number is 147

ok flyhn adds 13, and twin reduces 37

the current scores are flyhn 22, twin 3, and the current winning score is 110

ok flyhn lowered wc by 10, twin by 86. So the current winning score is 100, and the score is flyhn 22, twin 3

hey guys im gonna ask that

if youre sure

say 'final action'

from here on out k

ok

flyhn reduces by 23

twin adds 20

current scores are

twin 23, flyhn 22, wc = 77

it is now round 6

you have until 11:14

oh and btw

since this is a short one

and the scores are super close rn

ill let each of you decide if you want to do 2/3

along with your action

if you both wish to do 2/3 then ill go with it

if either of you does not thisll be all or nothing

Twin-Today at 11:11 AM
I'm not doing 2/3

UncleSam-Today at 11:11 AM
k

twin adds 1, flyhn adds 2, so the current score is twin 24, flyhn 22, wc = 77

flyhn adds 3, twin reduces 11, current score is twin 24, flyhn 25, wc = 66

final round now

flyhn adds 1, twin reduces 40, current score flyhn 26, twin 24, wc = 26

gg flyhn wins

Twin-Today at 11:18 AM
gg

Flyhn-Today at 11:18 AM
Gg

I will put up the next main match at some point later today.

UncleSam

Leading this village
- 11 Players Remaining -

It is now time for Main Match 11 - Treasure Island!

Current Garnet Counts:
Flyhn - 10
VigilanteVigoroth - 9
ItzViper482 - 7
Da Letter El - 6
Asek - 6
LightWolf - 6
Isa - 6
zorbees - 6
Blazade - 5
idiotfrommars - 5
shubaka17 - 4

Treasure Island
  • There is one standard map, a template of which can be found here. NOTE THAT THE GRID REFERENCES ARE NOT THE SAME AS THE CELL REFERENCES ON THE SHEET ITSELF. I highly recommend looking at the map using the 'zoom' function in the 'view' menu, as this will make it easier to tell the grid references apart from the column / row labels Google docs automatically generate.
  • The game will consist of six rounds. Each round, you will have the ability to move and perform an action. You may break up movement and perform actions as you move, as long as you can move through the square on which you perform the action (so, if you are moving from D6 to L7, you could also perform an action at F7 on the way (see map for coordinates). You may only move to adjacent squares. The slightly darker green area you see between K1:M3 is the ‘landing zone’ where each of you will be entering Treasure Island. You may choose any starting square and may move during Round 1 based on how many skill points you allocate into Speed (see below).
  • On the map, there are two types of obstacles to movement: lakes (blue) and mountains (brown). These are impassable unless you take certain traits (see below), in which case those areas require two movement points to move through.
  • Each turn, you may perform two of four possible actions: dig, itemfinder / GPS, steal, or bury. Digging in a square will cause you to attempt to dig up any treasure that may be there. Itemfinder/tracker searches in a 5x5 grid either for treasures (including those held by people) or other players, and will return the number of and precise location of nearest hit. In other words, you will search either for treasures (including those held by people), or for people. Note that you will be automatically alerted if you end a round on the same square as another person. Stealing must be performed on the square someone else is on, so remember that speed will impact whether a player has moved since the end of the last round. You may only steal from someone who you have higher Dexterity than. Burying an item will allow you to store an item at a depth equal to your dexterity wherever you bury it.
  • Each player will have two stats - Dexterity and Speed.
  • Speed will impact how many spaces you can move each turn and your turn priority. In the event of a tie, I will give the priority to whoever submitted their actions for this round first.
  • Dexterity will impact how well you can dig for treasure, your ability to use a steal, and your bury ability.
  • Each player will have the ability to allocate 14 stat points between Dexterity and Speed, up to a cap of 10 on each.
  • Additionally, each player will have the ability to pick any 3 traits from the below list:
    • Waterwalker: Can move through water, at the cost of 2 movement points per space
    • Hiker: Can move through mountains, at the cost of 2 movement points per space
    • Cartographer: Can move diagonally at the cost of one movement point
    • Packrat: Can hold any number of items, and bury items at a depth bonus of +5 / dig up buried items at a bonus of +5
    • Legendary Hands: Add 2 to your Dexterity, and 1 to your maximum Dexterity cap.
    • Legendary Feet: Add 2 to your Speed, and 1 to your maximum Speed cap.
    • Miner: Get a +10 bonus to digging up items
    • Tracker: Itemfinder / GPS will reveal the precise locations and identities of all within its’ range of whatever you search for (i.e. you will find all item locations and identities of items within a 5x5 grid of you, or the identities and locations of all players within a 5x5 grid of you).
    • Pickpocket: Gain +5 Speed in terms of movement and turn priority on a turn in which you are stealing. Cannot gain this bonus on consecutive turns.
  • You will allocate skill points and traits during Round 1, as well as choose your initial starting location (within the ‘landing zone’) and first turn actions and movement. After that, these will be locked in place.
  • All buried treasure is hidden, except for the most valuable treasure of them all: the Diamond. The Diamond is located in space L2, and requires an enormous amount of digging to excavate. All other treasure requires between 1 - 3 turns to excavate, given a dexterity of 8. Additionally, you know that, aside from the Diamond, most of the valuable treasure resides at the edges of the map in difficult-to-get-at places.
  • Garnet spending: During Round 1, you may spend 1 garnet for 1 additional stat point, up to a cap of 20 total stat points. Additionally, you may spend 2 garnets each to gain up to 3 additional traits. Finally, at any point in time, you may spend 1 garnet to determine the current location of any item or player.
  • I *think* that’s everything, but please ask me questions and I will respond publicly, since this is a fairly complex task and I expect only the active players among you will succeed.
Oh, and by the way, there are ten total pieces of treasure on the island. They are divided into six categories: the Diamond (unique), the Emerald (unique), Rubies, Sapphires, Topaz, and Amethysts. They will offer the following placements and rewards:

Rewards:
Diamond: 1st: Token of Life + One additional token to be given to a second player of your choice + 6 Garnets
Emerald: 2nd: Token of Life + 4 Garnets
Rubies: 3rd - 4th: 4 Garnets
Sapphires: 5th - 6th: 3 Garnets
Topaz: 7th - 8th: 2 Garnets
Amethysts: 9th - 10th: 1 Garnet
No treasure: 11th: Death Match Candidate; must choose a player without a Token of Life to go to the Death Match with to face elimination. Cannot be given a Token of Life.

Note that if treasure goes undiscovered (as I suspect some will), I will simply remove it from the rankings and will rank all who did not finish the game with treasure in 11th, with the death match candidate to be chosen by the winner. If no one finds any treasure I will extend the game until someone does find some, though I expect this will not be a problem.

Last edited:

UncleSam

Leading this village
It is now Round 1. Due to the importance of this round and the complexity of the game involved, I will give you all 96 hours, or until 9 PM PST on Thursday, December 21st, to submit actions. If I receive all actions by Tuesday night / Wednesday I will do my best to update prior to my red eye flight Wednesday night, but don't count on it.

Remember that you must send all of the following with your round 1 actions:
- Stat point allocation (default will be 7 speed / 7 dexterity)
- Trait selections (default will be Waterwalker / Hiker / Cartographer)
- Starting location (default will be L2, the location of the Diamond) - remember that this must be inside the 'landing zone', marked by the darker-green 3x3 area surrounding the Diamond
- Round 1 movement and actions

Asek

Banned deucer.
having played runescape for more years then i have not i can say with certainty that rubies are a higher tier of gem then emeralds. please fix this egregious error post haste

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey guys, there was a good effort to get actions in but I don't have everything yet. I'll give you guys until 10 PM EST (7 PM PST) tonight to submit final actions / get the missing ones in.

Remember that you have to submit:
1. Stat distribution
2. Trait selections
3. Starting location
4. Round 1 movement
5. Round 1 orders

Some of you are missing the last two - remember, this is both pre-game AND round 1 orders.

I will be updating tonight regardless of what people send me so please don't miss this deadline

UncleSam

Leading this village
It is now Round 2. Round 2 will end at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST on Tuesday, December 26th.

If you did not receive a result then everything worked and you did not get any treasure.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Sorry I know I was missing a few actions but this is dragging on and I've given people a lot of extensions in previous rounds to submit stuff so we are just going with what we have for this round

It is now Round 4. Round 4 ends in 56 hours, or at 8 PM PST on Tuesday, January 2nd.

UncleSam

Leading this village
All results out. You saw nothing or no one and got no treasure if you did not get results.

It is now Round 5. Round 5 ends in 48 hours, or at 9 PM PST on Saturday, January 6th.

UncleSam

Leading this village
I'll update tonight but I admit that I've not been great this cycle. That being said, I've also had to wait for actions every cycle unless I wanted to update with less than half, so that's been a factor too. Hopefully people will send stuff more diligently as the game goes on.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Round 5 results are out. This is now the last round. Several of you have already sent in actions so I'll either update when I have all relevant actions or in 48 hours, at 6 PM PST on Wednesday, January 10th. I won't be extending for any reason so get your actions in on time this cycle.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Alright well final placements (see here for all actions and results) are below:
Diamond: 1st: Token of Life + One additional token to be given to a second player of your choice + 6 Garnets - LightWolf
Emerald: 2nd: Token of Life + 4 Garnets - Flyhn
Rubies: 3rd - 4th: 4 Garnets - zorbees, VigVig
Sapphires: 5th - 6th: 3 Garnets - Asek, Blazade
Topaz: 7th - 8th: 2 Garnets - IFM
Amethysts: 9th - 10th: 1 Garnet - DLE
No treasure: 11th: Death Match Candidate; must choose a player without a Token of Life to go to the Death Match with to face elimination. Cannot be given a Token of Life - itzviper482, Isa, shubaka17

Current Garnet Totals (Check me on these please):
LightWolf - 12
Da Letter El - 10
Flyhn - 10
zorbees - 10
VigilanteVigoroth -10
Asek - 9
Blazade - 8
IFM - 7
ItzViper482 - 7
Isa - 6
shubaka17 - 1

LightWolf has 24 hours to choose a death match candidate from the pool of the three players tied for last, and a recipient of the token of life, from among anyone other than the three in last. The death match candidate will then have 24 hours to select an opponent from anyone outside of LightWolf, Flyhn, or the player who receives the token of life.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)