Programming Global Link Rental Team to Showdown Converter

UPDATE: Version 2 is out. See below for the changes.

As a Battlespot and VGC player, rental teams provide easy ways to test out teams that other people have provided. Probably the single best decision that Game Freak have made in Gen 7. However, what if you want to build the team itself? There might not be a blog post it explaining the sets. The next best thing is downloading it in-game, and manually calculating the right stats. They could use iffy IVs, for speed and such.

This program aims to ease the process of converting a rental team into a Showdown paste format. It opens up the QR codes of rental teams, and gets all the team data.

You can access it from here:

https://github.com/Phil-DS/PKRentalViewer/releases

Any thoughts/Bugs, just put it here, or make an issue on the github. I'll be sure to answer

Versions / Change Log:
  • V2.0: The USUM update
    • USUM exclusive Pokemon, Moves, Abilities and Items are added.
    • GUI update, with sprites (From PKHex again)
    • Removed the HTTP request method.
    • Added a way to post straight to Pokepaste
  • V1.0: The first release.
Thoughts for future releases:

• Fix EVs to be more user friendly. RN, I am straight pasting them to the output, and it would be interesting to smooth some of them out. Remove the odd extra 2 EVs here and there, and fix any off EVs.
Shoutouts:

SciresM: For the QR decryption process. (See here: gist.github.com/SciresM/f3d20f8c77f5514f2d142c9760939266)

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yo, this is really cool. I wish I checked here sooner, someone used the app to find a flaw in one of my QR teams a while ago and have been meaning to find it to use myself ever since.

I have a couple of suggestions; can natures be included in the set? atm you have to export the set to be able to see what it is. also including the pokemon's name (although it's super easy to figure it out) would be really handy

yo, this is really cool. I wish I checked here sooner, someone used the app to find a flaw in one of my QR teams a while ago and have been meaning to find it to use myself ever since.

I have a couple of suggestions; can natures be included in the set? atm you have to export the set to be able to see what it is. also including the pokemon's name (although it's super easy to figure it out) would be really handy

I had intended for the sprites to go in the missing gap (There has always been an image there, but its just a transparent square, until I decided how to get the selected image.) I got around to adding the nature and the name, and it does look a lot better, thanks for the suggestions.

Also, Version 2 is out. See the OP for the changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)