SM OU God Blob Team-(Reuniclus Offense Team)

juan123juan

Banned deucer.

Reuniclus in my opinion is a very underrated sweeper in the overused tier. It is very potent at breaking teams down when its checks/counters are dealt with and has an easy time setting up on many common pokemon running around. This team is built around reuniclus in mind to sweep and chip its counters/checks down with hazards and aggresive play.

The Team

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Ash Gren is one of the best pokemon in the tier due to its ability to serve multiple roles. This pokemon forces switches which allows it to easily set up its entry hazards which help punish the pokemon that reuniclus has trouble setting up on. Hydro pump is there as a nuke to most pokemon, dark pulse for secondary stab and an accurate move and the rest is self explanatory.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Landorus is the best pokemon in the tier without questions. The scarf set allows it to generate tons of momentum against other teams. It is the teams hazard removal and does its job perfectly. Yes hp fire is not a mistake for hp ice. Ithrowrocksatkids (JOJO) recommended this to me as a nice tech as the team struggles a bit with band/sd kartana.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom is an excellent pivot in the tier and also is an extremely annoying threat for opposing balance and offense teams to face. The standart set allows it to deal with threats that again would threaten reuniclus such as tyranitar, muk-alola, mawile-mega, ash-gren and more. You can switch leftovers for a iapapa berry but I personally prefer leftovers.

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is another excellent pokemon in the overused tier. It is the teams stealth rock setter and another pokemon that forces switches which allows it to easily set the hazards up. Flash cannon can be dropped for taunt to help the stall matchup. Flash cannon is my preference as it allows heatran to have an accurate stab move which can come into play where magma storm missing may result in heatran dying.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Acid Armor
- Recover

The main man on the team is Reuniclus of course. Reuniclus can set up on a multitude of pokemon such as mega-medicham, celesteela, diance, mew, magnezone, garchomp, and so much more. The 44 speed is to outspeed toxapex so it cannot be hazed first. Acid armor is run over a secondary attack to allow it to survive physical attacks and thus continue to set up and run train. Unfortunately due to its use of psychic as its only attacking move it is walled by literally any dark type. Like ash gren can wall this thing I mean cmon ash-gren as a defensive threat.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Tapu Bulu is the teams ash-gren switch in. It can actually function as a sweeper actually to due this teams ability to kill off many pokemon that would threaten it. Protect is another tech recommended to me by Ithrowrocksatkids(JOJO)

Threats to the team

Mega sableye stalls are very tough for this team to play against due to sableye pretty much 6-0ing this team. Your only chance against it is for heatran to hit it with a magma storm and then use ur Zmove to kill it. But due to 100% of stalls running chansey it can just come in on the Heatran and wall it to no end. Now the problem with taunt is sableye can just pivot in on a taunt and bouce it back to heatran and then chansey will come in and 1v1 tran.

Kartana

Kartana has a pretty good matchup against this team due to it being able to chip landorus effectively and can destroy every member on the team with its coverage. Band and SD are bigger threats can scarf but any kart set is good against this team if played well.

Rain Teams

Rain also has a decent matchup as Rotom can get worn down very quickly by them and if it dies Swampert goes sickomode against this team. Now they do not destroy this team in the way sableye stalls do but be careful when you play against them.

Alakazam

Alakazam is a threat to this team as well due to its ability to dent every member on this team pretty hard. Bulu can check it but because Protect is used over synthesis it has a tougher time doing so especially if Grassy Terrain is not up. Keep in mind Alakazam can definitely be out maneuvered but just remember to keep Bulu healthy against it.

Volcarona

Now not every volc set beats this team but offensive ones with hp ground also annihilate this team so keep that in mind when you see volc. So if you really fear it you can drop hp fire on lando for stone edge to try and double in on the volc switch. But for bulkarona stone edge on lando allows it to OHKO it and live a hit from max roll flamethrower even after rocks if it has taken not damage prior.

Let me know what you guys think about this team and any suggestions you guys may have!​

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Yo juan123juan

Generally, your team looks pretty well-built. I really like Reuniclus in OU, and I appreciate that your team features it. Unfortunately, you've chosen a set that doesn't really fit your team because I think Toxic Spikes support is mandatory for Double Dance Reuniclus, and your team just hasn't place for Toxapex.

You mentioned main threats to your team. You included M-Alakazam here but another dangerous for you Psychic-type is Tapu Lele. If Specs, it can overwhelm Tapu Bulu and Heatran, your only stops for it, fairly quickly. CM variants are dangerous too, though Tapu Bulu for them can be a bit more difficult.

I won't suggest some major changes because your six are fine. I only want to suggest some minor changes that hopefully will make your team better.

Minor Changes
>
: my first suggestion is to make your Heatran specially defensive. It'll improve your matchup vs Psychic-types a bit while having Toxic to punish Ash-Greninja's and Reuniclus's answers and still having Stealth Rock. Sure, this Heatran's unable to break past stall, but my next suggestion will improve your matchup vs this playstyle.
>
: since your Z-slot is free after the first change, I suggest to give your Reuniclus a ZPsychic. It'll give Reuniclus more offensive presense, helping it break stall, as well as other defensive mons, easier. Also I mentioned before that Double Dance doesn't fit your team, so I also suggest to give Reuniclus Energy Ball over Acid Armor. It'll help you break past common Unaware walls in Quagsire and Pyukumuku used on stall. Also Energy Ball hits M-Sableye for neutral damage, and ZPsychic reduces damage from M-Sableye's Knock Off. Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain gives Reuniclus a pseudo-STAB on Energy Ball too. All these factors make stall generally less threatening for your team. And make Reuniclus Bold over Relaxed so it'll actually outpace uninvested Toxapex.
(optional): Crawdaunt looks pretty threatening for your team, so if you worry about it, you can change Tapu Bulu's spread to 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe with a Careful nature. This spread outpaces Adamant Crawdaunt, improving your team's matchup vs it.

Overall, I enjoyed rating your team! Sure, some of the threats, like Volcarona and Kartana, are still threats, but you have ways to outplay them. Have a good day, and good luck with the team! Hope you like it! :psywoke:

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Reuniclus @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Recover

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Last edited:
Hi,

This is a pretty cool team that features a cool metagame pick in Reuniclus and has most of the checklist for a decent team covered. Overall you did a decent job with this team although there are a couple of glaring issues which I will go over. I've got a few suggestions that might help.

• I don't think that having spdef sd bulu and double dance reuniclus helps your team much. In fact, it ends up being more rendurant than anything because they both share somewhat similar counters and cannot help each other beat them. Overall, your team really lacks of a strong progress-maker that can burst damage and quickly create holes so that you can take advantage of hazards & help set up a reuniclus cleanup. One way of partially solving that issue without losing bulu's defensive utility would be making bulu a fightinium z set, which gives it the opportunity to nuke or get good damage on stuff like celesteela or mega mawile.
  • Double dance reuniclus doesn't like being in a team that doesn't have tspikes because it's harder to wear down dark-types, which reuniclus can't touch. Here, it would prefer having a cm + 2 attacks set so that it can actually hit other types and not give a completely free switchin on the likes of greninja. Either energy ball or focus blast works here as your second move, although I prefer focus blast to hit stuff like heatran which is really important here, I feel. As for its item, I would recommend grassy seed, which abuses grassy terrain and helps you better take knock off from the likes of kartana for example. Lefties is also fine though as it allows you to get in with more freedom without risking to pop grassy seed (although being itemless isn't so bad).
->

• After the two changes above, I would suggest you to replace rotom-w with m-tyranitar to further help with your team's offensive presence and improve its matchup against psychic-types & other things as well. Rocks mega tyranitar does a lot of things for your team -- it has a better matchup against tornadus-t, meaning that it's easier to maintain your hazards up, and provides you with another means of creating holes quickly in the opposing team. It also greatly improves your matchup against stall because it's easy for it to get rocks up vs sableye. All in all, I feel like you gain much more by having ttar in this slot than rotom-w, which doesn't help much vs a lot of the mons I mentioned (like, it can get knocked off by torn on the switch, which really bugs it).

• With rocks mega tyranitar on the team, it frees up one slot on heatran. I would suggest to change its set to a specially defensive one, which will help a lot against special attackers like magearna, and tapu lele to an extent. Magma Storm or Lava Plume / Earth Power / Toxic / Protect is the moveset I'm ssuggesting here. Protect helps you scout for choiced moves from the likes of tapu lele, ash-greninja, and kartana, and toxic helps you cripple mons like garchomp and mega alakazam. I have a preference for magma storm for the extra damage and ability to trap and potentially get a free switchin on something + it pairs well with protect. 208 HP / 52 SpA / 192 SpD / 56 Spe spread outspeeds tyranitar while letting you ohko opposing uninvested heatran. It + bulu & grassy terrain support really softens a lot of matchups like psychic-types, magearna, kartana, mawile, etc.
  • HP Fire on landorus-t is something that has been used before in the higher scene to help with kartana. The thing is that it really doesn't help against anything else, and I also don't think that your matchup vs it is all that bad with protect heatran, grassy seed reuniclus and z fight bulu. You can keep it if you think you really need the extra insurance against it, but I would advise HP Ice more here, as it helps vs garchomp which can quickly become problematic for your team after an sd boost. I would also suggest a much bulkier spread, as I think the extra bulk is preferred since you need it to take on a lot of things. 200 HP / 112 Atk / 196 Spe spread gives you enough attack to ohko mega charizard x and mega mawile, and a good chance to ohko magearna. 200 hp notably avoids the 2hko from kartana's leaf blade after rocks.
(click for importable)

additional notes:
  • Another thing you can do with bulu is making it a choice band set, which significantly increases its power but also reduces its defensive utility. I wouldn't recommend it on this team but you can always play around it with different versions.
  • Overall, there are a lot of things you can do with this team to cover its issues. If you have reuni / cb or sd z fight bulu / spdef or grassium heatran / ash or protean gren, the lando + rotom slots are pretty flexible and can be changed around. If you're able to cover kartana, ash-gren, and mega alakazam with these 2 slots, then a lot of different options are possible.
Really enjoyed rating this team. Hope I helped and have a great day! :psyglad:

Last edited:

juan123juan

Banned deucer.
Hey I will take into consideration what you and egor both said to make changes for the team. Thanks for the suggestions have a good day man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)