Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Brick Break / Toxic

Quite a fun offensive core i've been using revolving around z-celebrate Vaporeon, Whimsicott synergieses really well alongside vapo, being a fast pivot while dealing with problematic mons towards vapo like Virizion, bulky waters such as Seismitoad or Slowking and strong physical attackers like Machamp that would otherwise punch a hole through an uninvested and unboosted vapo while giving it momentum through U-turn and opportunities to set up by Memento. Scarf Emboar is nice for mons like Specs Vanilluxe, and Grass-types that both whimsi and vapo can fall short to like Sceptile, Viriz (again), Lilligant and Vileplume, although after +1 boosts in Vaporeon it can deal with most Grass-types efficiently. A more defensve archetype can be ran with Vaporeon + Vileplume + bulky Emboar to better take on mons like Vikavolt and Rotom-Mow, Grabodor is also p nice for hazard stack to support vapo in sweeping as well as taking on grass-types. ~

@ Choice Scarf
@ Choice Scarf + (optional ->)
(<- NOT scarfed!)

Everyone knows about scarf Emboar and scarf Braviary but I haven't seen anyone using them together. Basically they both wreck a lot of the tier and it often throws people off to find out both these mons are scarfed. There are a good amount of popular pokemon that gives this core troubles.

Threat list:
and faster scarfers.
Those are the mons that I have had trouble with at least, I'm sure there are more.
The good thing about most of these pokemon (except for Slowbro) is that they have trouble recovering health on their own so even tho they can switch in and take hits a lot of the time they can't switch in too many times. Toxic on Emboar to get Slowbro on the switch because wild charge does 39 - 46.1%

Rotom-M goes well with this core because it can handle many of the threats to this core that aren't those poison types, but even then it can burn the poison types on the switch in. This is why I suggest using non-scarf Rotom-M, you can use Grassinium-Z, Expert Belt, or my usual choice, Leftovers. Rotom-M also forms a volt-turn core with Braviary, which gives you great offensive momentum and ability to switch into one of the tiers greatest wallbreakers, Emboar
You could also use a different Volt-Switch user.

Recommended with this core:
-Entry Hazards
-Entry Hazard control
-Possible set up sweeper. Though I have not tried it myself, I feel like this core opens up many opportunities to set up and sweep.
-Smart use of Emboar and Braviary when threats to this core are still alive.

sets:
Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Toxic

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 172 Def / 208 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Vikavolt + Xatu:

Vikavolt @ Buginium Z
EVs: 176 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Volt Switch

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Grass Knot
- Psyshock
- Roost

Simple core, basically xatu keeps the field free for Vika to pivot around, and basically hard counters Steelix, meaning you don't have to risk lix getting rocks up or Toxicing Vika. Tons of Volt-Turn here, and overall just a really nice core that basically makes your team fairly sturdy vs ground and fighting types. I've made so many BO teams based on this core, and its been real solid on all of them.

Will flesh out more later.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
+

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- U-turn

Togedemaru @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Spiky Shield
- Zing Zap
- U-turn

This is a balanced core I have been using as the backbone of a lot of my builds lately. I'm aware that these are two defensively oriented Pokemon, but given that they both generate momentum and offensive support, I find it hard to truly label it as a fully-fledged defensive core, especially when I would not really use it on stall in the same way, but rather I would moreso on bulky-offense or balance. Anyway, the core itself is very effective in the current metagame. Togedemaru itself is one of the most anti-meta up-and-coming Pokemon, being able to fully wall Rotom-Mow and act as a very unique defensive presence. Xatu pairs very well with it and is almost mandatory seeing as Togedemaru invites in Steelix, Rhydon, Seismitoad, etc. every time and Xatu can keep Stealth Rocks away, Grass Knot them, etc. Both Pokemon have U-turn, which lets them wall what they need to and pivot out into harder hitters on the team in order to do damage and Togedemaru has Wish in order to promote longevity on teams with it. Overall, this core is not fully explored and works very well in the current metagame and I advise trying it on the appropriate build.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

evil (Vivillon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Substitute
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder

Frosslass and Vivillon create a really nasty core. Frosslass really lets Vivillon dominate the mid-game and end-game by preventing Stealth Rock on the field with Tuant. On top of preventing hazards, Froslass sets up its own hazards which Vivillon really appreciates because it usually just needs a little chip damage to secure OHKO's at +1, but also because Vivillon forces so much switching.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
[
/
]

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs / Buginium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe OR 252 HP / 136 SpA / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Energy Ball

Vanilluxe @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze Dry
- Flash Cannon / Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Talk / Hidden Power [Ground]

================

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Vanilluxe @ Choice Specs / Never-Melt Ice
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sleep Talk / Flash Cannon
These cores are both pretty self-explanitory.

Vikavolt+Vanilluxe is literally just two balance breakers paired together which have fundamentally stellar paired STAB coverage which allows them to tear apart balanced teams by overwhelming their already-limited defensive answers on such teams. Vanilluxe benefits very heavily from Vikavolt's Volt Switch, and both of these Pokemon have the option of luring Togedemaru with HP Ground open to them; even if they don't end up hitting it with HP Ground they are able to very easily put it under immense pressure when it isn't paired with Miltank or something simiar, and they will almost certainly overwhelm it eventually due to the fact that it is pressured to check both of them throughout the match. I've just taken the EV spreads for the respective Vikavolt sets from the analysis thread; feel free to modify shit according to the needs of your team.

The Rotom-C+Vanilluxe core functions kinda similarly, aiming to overwhelm shared checks like Togedemaru etc. by forcing it to repeatedly switch into their STABs, crippling it with Trick, baiting it w/ Ground or whatever else. The key difference is that, due to Rotom-C's substantially lower firepower combined with its higher Speed and general differences with regards to the way it functions, this core is much more oriented towards its Volt Switch utility than the Vikavolt core is.

[
/
]

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs / Buginium Z / Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe OR 252 HP / 136 SpA / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Roost
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Energy Ball

Froslass @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Ground]

================

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Froslass @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak / Cursed Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Ground]
Another BoltBeam core which has a difference wrt its concept than the Vanilluxe one; instead of breaking balanced teams through raw firepower, the aim of both of these cores is to take advantage of both the VoltTurning utility that both of these Electric-types provide combined with Froslass's access to Spikes to put the opposing team under serious pressure; this is a dangerous core on VoltTurning teams for precisely this reason, and with Froslass being able to set up Spikes with such disgusting consistency while also having an excellent matchup vs every form of hazard removal (as well as Xatu) due to its typing, allowing the "vortex" to prove much more deadly while also benefitting from both of these Pokemon's abitity to seriously pressure Water-types that can tank Froslass's STABs; common checks to Froslass and Rotom-C like Incineroar, Guzzlord and Togedemaru will find themselves being very easily overwhelmed as more and more layers of Spikes get laid with minimal opportunities to remove them presenting themselves.

Last edited:

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stone Edge
- Razor Shell
- Earthquake

Vanilluxe @ take ur pick this mons broken
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]

fairly straightforward duo. ice cream kills stuff barb struggles with like toad and grasses, because its usually wants to rockium enemy fat water not named toad. Barb can take advantage of stuff like confirmed choice locked fires with the greatest of ease. these two just make an easy offensive core to build around and slap on a team if you need wallbreaker+cleaner combo

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Barbaracle @ Rockium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Stone Edge / Grass Knot

Whimsicott @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground] / Switcheroo
Whimsicott is a nice partner for Barbaracle for a few reasons. In addition to pressuring bulky Water-types with its STAB, it encourages Scarf Emboar to use Flare Blitz; this is a very powerful attribute for a Pokemon as devistatingly difficult to check as Barbaracle because it provides it with a free setup opportunity which it can take advantage of, which often spells the end of the game for the Barbaracle user. There isn't really that much else to say tbh; I guess you could also run Memento to provide even more setup opportunities, although that obviously comes at the cost of coverage (not that Whimsicott particularly dislikes this if Barbaracle is in the back as it just kinda abuses a lot of the targets of Whimsi's coverage anyway).

Martin

Balanced Core

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
The concept behind this core is very simple. Steelix hates Xatu, Sneasel traps Xatu. If Xatu is removed, Steelix can set up SR, which in turn helps with wearing down the opposing team, especially Vanilluxe/Vika/other shit like that. Sneasel is also capable of trapping and removing Delphox, which Steelix appreciates, and it is also capable of checking Virizion, which can pose as an annoyance to Steelix despite not really being a huge threat thanks to Toxic.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff

Cinccino @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off / Rock Blast
- U-turn

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Hey, its normal spam, but now with a little mouse and a choice band. Basic idea is that CM lure Maudino lures in Garbodor and Steelix for Cincc, while providing probably the most reliable RH Drudd switchin that will ever exist. Once those mons are weakened, Cincc can just come in and spam that Tail slap button. Not much more to say other than make sure you have some hazard stacking, and some way to not lose to enemy choice scarfers.

View attachment 83833View attachment 83834
Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unburden
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Bug Buzz
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- U-turn

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Offensive Core
This core has crazy good offensive synergy – not only are both blisteringly fast and strong which puts serious pressure on opposing offensive teams, but together help to wallbreak like crazy for any number of the crazy physical sweepers in the tier rn (Sneasel, Toxicroak, Tyrantrum, etc...). Accelgor basically decimates all grass types which are pretty much the only existing solid checks to Rotom-C at all, while Rotom can easily pressure and wear down rock / flying mons that would want to switch in on Accelgor.
Shouldn't Accelgor have sticky hold instead, im sorry i know its a little thing but wouldnt that be better so it wont lose the choice specs

Martin

Delphox @ Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Omastar @ White Herb / Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim / Weak Armour
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Hidden Power [Fire] / Surf
The concept behind this core is reasonably simple. Delphox is a magnet for Pokemon like Vaporeon, Slowking etc., all of which cause major problems for Omastar which are trying to sweep. Delphox takes advantage of this by using Bloom Doom to remove them from the picture, which in turn leaves Omastar with free rein to set up without having to blast through them in the process. Dual Zs sounds weird on paper (which is why I have slashed White Herb with it), but on a core like this it functions well because Delphox won't need to use Bloom Doom to remove something every game, meaning that Omastar can take advantage of the bolstered accuracy on its Hydro Pump/the ability to independently blast through Slowbro etc. that comes with the use of Waterium Z. Choice of last move comes down to the needs of your team; HP Grass means that you aren't dependent on teammates to weaken Seismitoad before Omastar can sweep, HP Fire allows Omastar to remove Ferroseed with ease, Surf means that you don't need to risk Hydro Pump missing versus targets that it can KO with Surf.

Delphox @ Choice Scarf / Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Grass Knot / Dazzling Gleam
- Trick / Calm Mind

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf / Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick / Hidden Power Fire / Will-O-Wisp
Kinda like the previous core, this aims to take advantage of one Pokemon's ability to lure out another. More specifically, it takes advantage of Rotom-C's tendency to lure out bulky Grass-types like Vileplume, Ferroseed, Virizion* etc.–as well as its ability to bait out Vikavolt–with Volt Switch to provide Delphox with plenty of opportunities to put in work against the opposing team. HP Fire on Specs Rotom-C is nice because it doesn't miss out on any KOs that HP Flying gets barring the OHKO on Viriz after 1 Spike and trades that mostly-insignificant KO for the ability to nail a number of safe switch-ins such as Ferroseed, Togedemaru, Rotom-C, and Vikavolt in case you don't want to be totally dependent on Delphox to remove them. Rotom-C also benefits from Delphox's ability to lure and remove Guzzlord with Dazzling Gleam if it carries it.

*Assuming Scarf Delphox

Last edited:

Amazing offensive core
Needless to say this is one of the best offensive cores in NU Rn which can destroy most mons. Vanilluxe with 100% accurate stab, specs boosted blizzards hits super hard and also has a bit of utility in taunt. Specs, stab, freeze dry also destroys water types that may want to switch in. Scarfed Emboar is a huge threat adding to it's pretty crappy speed stat. These two pokemon compliment each other really well with their stabs...Enjoy sweeping!

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
+

This offensive core is fairly simple; Whimsicott uses Memento into Zangoose, and Zangoose sets up and wins. Not much else to talk about, other than that when using this core, make sure the opposing team is weakened enough to where this core will work, because it's a one-time sort of thing. Personally, I like to take advantage of passive Pokemon like Type: Null to get my Zangoose in, so try to do that if possible.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Memento

Zangoose (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Belly Drum

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Accelgor got an amazing buff with its access to Toxic Spikes, making it the fastest dual spike lead available, Final Gambit prevents Pokemon like Cryogonal and Hitmonlee to spin away hazards as soon as Accelgor has set them up. Braviary deters Defog with its ability Defiant. It is recommended to use this core in conjunction with a Ghost-type like Mismagius or Rotom to prevent Spikes and Toxic Spikes from being spinned away.

Medicham @ Life Orb
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Bulk Up

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Skuntank can Pursuit trap Ghost- and Psychic-types like Uxie, Slowbro, and Mismagius which prevent Medicham from spamming High Jump Kick. In return Medicham can threaten Pokemon like Piloswine, Klinklang, and Steelix that might take advantage of Skuntank.

Martin

Passimian @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Reciever
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake / Gunk Shot

Rotom-Mow @ Grassium Z / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Defog / Hidden Power [Fire] / Trick
Rotom-C and Passimian form a very dangerous VoltTurn core in that they are very capable of creating a vortex if you are able to get them in against the correct Pokemon; common switch-ins to Rotom-C include Guzzlord and Ferroseed, both of which get taken advantage of by Passimian due to their fear of Close Combat; it is able to use them to grab momentum, and this is further helped by Rotom-C due to its ability to help with Pokemon like Slowbro and Golbat due to the fact that it forces them out and, similarly, uses them for momentum. It's a pretty vicious core in general, especially when paired with hazards, and if someone tries to break out of the vortex they will get punished for it because... well, that's exactly the way that VoltTurn teams function. Really solid core in general. Try to pair it w/ smth that can take advantage of Poison-types like Garbodor and Vileplume, such as Xatu, Sigilyph, Delphox, Emboar etc. to help with these Pokemon that can otherwise pose as issues, and also something to lure Druddigon (e.g. Dazzling Gleam/Twinkle Tackle Delphox) is important to prevent Passimian impaling itself on it.

Oh lord this thread is dead af. I only have fat cores with me.

VenuDon or GastroSaur? Anyway this defensive core is an excellent core in the current metagame as it checks many of the top threats right now and compliment each other excellently as well as the fact that both of them have reliable recovery is huge. Venusaur is calm max/max so it can eat any one attack from Heliolisk and tank pretty much any special move ever including stuff like Xatu Psychic and the like and still able to check some physical attackers such as Steelix and Hitmonlee. Gastro is bold max/max to take on Klinklang, Toxicroak, and Emboar and essentially functions as Seismitoad back in the day except no rocks and access to recover. Gastrodon will tank any fire move for Venusaur and most psychic attacks and Venusaur will eat any grass type move that come in Gastrodon's way. Will get rekt by Minior(lol)/Vanilluxe/Grass knot Delphox/Medicham/NP Houndoom however so pack a check to those.
(Min Speed seems odd however I like it personally in case the Trick Room matchup ever occurs)
Gastrodon-East @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder/Earthquake
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain/Earthquake

RegiTu? XaRock? This is a defensive/balance core I've been really loving to use recently. Regirock is a good rocker that rocks up and tanks hits from Sneasel, Flyings, and handles some fire types all right however will bait in Steelix in an attempt to get free rocks. However this lure Xatu has heat wave and toxic meaning that Klinklang and Slowbro cannot set up freely on it as well as stuff like Steelix still being checked just as well (Regirock for the most part can handle Garbodor). Will get rekt by special wallbreakers so bring checks.
(However you'd like it defensively honestly)
Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 40 Def / 120 SpD (However you'd like it honestly)
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

(No point in outspeeding Emboar if you can't do anything beyond toxic)
Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Toxic

Miltariabro. Another defensive core except this one's super FAT. Altaria will soak annoying toxins/burns/paras and remove rocks from field and will act also as a hard fighting/fire/water/grass/ground check. Miltank will set rocks up and check Vanilluxe, Sneasel, Whimsicott, and Guzzlord. Slowbro will pretty much check any other physical attacker (Klinklang, Altaria cannot check. The mons check a very large portion of the metagame however will struggle against Cont-Crush Virizion, NP Houndoom, and OTR Aromatisse.
Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Milk Drink

(Add whatever speed you'd like but never less physdef)
Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost

(I prefer Magic Coat to bait Vivillion and we already have 2 toxic users)
Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Magic Coat/Toxic

Martin

[
/
]

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll / Overgrow
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Knock Off / Giga Drain

====================

Slowking @ Assault Vest / Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA OR 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Modest / Calm Nature
- Scald
- Future Sight / Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Toxic
- Dragon Tail / Slack Off

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll / Overgrow
EVs: 232 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Knock Off / Giga Drain
This is a reasonably generic defensive core bith in terms of typing and in terms of it being physical wall/tank+special wall/tank, but it seems to be very consistent on balanced and bulky offensive teams for a number of reasons. Slowbro faces heavy issues from Heliolisk (as well as from Whimsicott/other misc. Grass-types to a slightly lesser extent than Helio), which SpD Venusaur renders basically useless for as long as it’s sat in the back. In exchange, Slowbro covers stuff like Sneasel, Medicham, and Emboar rhat cause major issues for Venusaur. Beyond this there are a few others that I’m too lazy to mention because this core is just common sense. Venusaur’s typing also allows it to absorb Toxic Spikes, which makes a world of difference when using Slowbro because it fucking hates being poisoned. Houndoom is kinda a headache for the core once Slowbro’s Colbur Berry has been consumed though, so just be careful there. You can also substitute Slowbro for Slowking, which is very useful for the Delphox/Houndoom/Magmortar match-ups, although this hurts the matchup against SD Croak and Klinklang while mandating another physical tank, not that there’s any shortage of them in the tier.

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Leech Life

Venusaur @ Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

This is going to be your generic Fire/Water/Grass balanced core aimed to support SD Incineroar typing-wise. Spd defensive Venu pivots into a majority of the Fighting, Ground and Water-types that force incineroar out while swallowing Special attacks from certain pokemon that incin can beat 1v1, but still hates staying in against (Helio, Whimsicott, etc.) while incin in return provides an actual Ice-resist and something to punish Klinklang from setting up all over venu. Slowbro is your catch-all check to Fighting-types while doing cool stuff like avoiding the 2HKO from Braviary's brave bird allowing it to play a pseudo-bird resist (although this isn't recommended of course, you might as well pack a proper bird check) and generally being the glue to every core you might as well go with then without. Its interchangeable with king tbh but having a more favorable matchup against Fighting-types like Virizion, Toxicroak and Medicham is worth it most of the time imo.

Last edited:

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect

Klinklang @ Steelium Z/Electrium z
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Magnet Rise/Return

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

]

This is a nice bo core. mega-audino supports druddigon by giving it recovery from wish passing. klinglang appreciates the cleric support.
Audino's set can be adjusted to check special attackers for the core while druddigon can check some of physical attackers in the tier such as virizion and toxicroak. This core struggles with bulky steel types so a fire type like delphox or houndoom is nice for the core. pokemon such as slowbro and venusaur provide additional defensive synergy.

Last edited:

Audino @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Dazzling Gleam
- Wish
- Protect

Klinklang @ Steelium Z/Electrium z
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Magnet Rise/Return

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mold Breaker
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Glare
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

]

This is a nice bo core. mega-audino supports druddigon by giving it recovery from wish passing. klinglang appreciates the cleric support.
Audino's set can be adjusted to check special attackers for the core while druddigon can check some of physical attackers in the tier such as virizion and toxicroak. This core struggles with bulky steel types so a fire type like delphox or houndoom is nice for the core. pokemon such as slowbro and venusaur provide additional defensive synergy.
Return is on Klinklang's moveset twice. Just saying.

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Palossand @ Colbur Berry/@ Passho Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up

Poliwrath @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

A nice hazard control core.Silvally checks flying types,fairy types,ice moves and cripple slowbro,slowking,rotom-ghost,cryogonal,
audino lacking heal bell ,uxie etc...Palossand forces steelix and rhydon to switch.It also checking fighting which can otherwise be annoying and he block rapid spin users.Finally poliwrath beat steelix,rhydon,piloswine and gives a real answer to incineroar and fire types generally(except delphox and the rare z-hyper beam houndoom).Passho berry can be use on palossand to scout choice specs heliolisk variants.Calm mind delphox beat this core,so an offensive check like houndoom is welcome.

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Pretty solid offensive core that I've been liking a lot lately featuring one of the drops and the most recent suspect. Mega Camerupt's a fairly dangerous wallbreaker in the tier, though dealing with stuff like Assault Vest Slowking, Altaria (though you do have HP Ice, another way of dealing with it frees up the moveslot a bit), and Type: Null can prove annoying for it. Luckily, Sneasel threatens all three of them, as it can potentially remove Slowking with Pursuit, OHKO Altaria with Icicle Crash, and turn the 3HKO on Type: Null with Fire Blast into a 2HKO by removing its Eviolite with Knock Off. Mega Camerupt's ability to plow through physically bulky Pokemon like Slowbro, Steelix, Diancie, and Blastoise as well as check certain threats to Sneasel like Choice Scarf Delphox gives Sneasel a much easier time cleaning up late-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)