hngmn does art

2019 Update: I've launched a twitter and a patreon! Hoping to put most of my pokemon based art on twitter, and share some WIPs and time lapses of my process through patreon. Links are below.

2019 Edit: It's been nearly 4 years since the conception of this thread- thank you all for taking a look and for your comments and critiques, I value them greatly and they've definitely help me improve over the years. I've listed some quick links below because things tend to get lost in six 7 pages (and growing!) of art.

==============================================================================================

Friends, comrades, strangers.

In this thread I'll be uploading some of my art. Feel free to throw requests at me, but as uni is in session I cannot guarantee I'll get to all (or any) of them, or even get to them in order. Below are some requests I've fulfilled recently. I'll keep posting stuff if and when I'm free since I do have quite a lot of art remaining, albeit of varying quality. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

hngmn

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 3.35.27 pm.png

"Mankey playing with a fight stick"

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.27.55 pm.png

worldly wisdom

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 12.01.00 am.png

"Draw a quilava as a blacksmith in a volcano"

Attachments

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh hay, I recall seeing that robot pic before. Really like how expressive your lineart is, and the perspective in the Quilava pic was a good choice.

Dear users of Smogon,

Sorry for the delay. I return bearing a couple of artworks done by yours truly that I hope will make up for it.

Warm regards,

hngmn

maractus final.png
Here's one from when I just started out with digital art. I really liked the brush at the time and I feel it works for more basic blocky shapes, but found it was far too textured for me to do more detailed figures.

punished sableye.png
And a more recent one- someone requested a "Punished Sableye". I felt that colour didn't really add to this picture at all, so just left it as lineart.

Last edited:
Thanks Bummer, appreciate it!

Here's some more stuff that I've done, although it's not necessarily Pokemon related.

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 11.01.27 pm.png
This was my first time doing a "large scale" or time consuming piece in digital media (i.e. a finished piece with background and shading etc. as opposed to just an object on a blank background.) I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 4.03.07 pm.png
And one of my first digital pieces- requested by a friend of mine. Drawing ovals was surprisingly hard at the time, since I was still getting acquainted with the digital environment.

Feel free to throw some requests at me and I'll do my best to do at least a few.

Requests are very unlikely to happen due to workload constraints.

Last edited:
I REALLY love that lineart piece featuring the guy with the mask slouched there. There's so much detail added in there, but you've managed to keep it spaced out enough that I can tell what's going on in the piece, something I find that many artists have issues with.

Your artwork has a rather pleasant feel to it with how it's set up in terms of colours and shading as well. The monochromatic Maractus is simply awesome, and I like the "paint-brush" feel that you have with some of the bits of shading in your pieces.

I feel like this is more so just a stylistic thing, but I feel like you could use a few more vibrant colours and more dynamic shading in some of your pieces (such as the quilava and clefairy one) to help make them really pop.

Keep up the work man, keep it up!

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cute Forretress :o I really like your lines.
Feel free to throw some requests at me and I'll do my best to do at least a few.
If that's still on the table... how about a Mismagius?

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 50946
This was my first time doing a "large scale" or time consuming piece in digital media (i.e. a finished piece with background and shading etc. as opposed to just an object on a blank background.) I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
all of your art is amazing, but this one in particular stands out to me as being great. it kinda has that comic book style and the whole composition of it works INSANELY well. awesome stuff :] keep it up bruh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)