hngmn does art

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Stopping by to say that your Inktober drawings are coming along nicely. It looks like it’s been a good outlet for you to explore character design, and in that regard you’ve been doing great.

In that same vein, I also want to give a shoutout to this piece:
Here's a scout like character for a comic I'd like to think will become a reality one day. If anyone has any advice on how to do comics or how to draw panels and things on photoshop please do let me know.

I really like this piece. The pose is cool and, anatomically, fairly on-point. It does a great job communicating his role as a scout type of character; he doesn’t appear to exert much weight on his thin perch, informing his light weight and nimbleness. The high vantage point makes sense and feels appropriate given his role as an information-gatherer, and the mask with multiple oculi emphasizes his ability to carefully observe his surroundings.

If anything, I’d say maybe his neck is a bit too thin for his body, but I don’t find it all that concerning a detail.

Have you ever seen the storyboard film for Rhinestone Eyes by the Gorillaz? This character’s design reminds me a lot of one of the characters in it. If you haven’t already seen it, I think you’d find it a good source of inspiration, should you ever pursue this comic further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)