Happy 10th Birthday, Smogon!

10 years ago today, on December 18, 2004, chaos created these forums and registered his account (http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/chaos.1/). Two weeks later (January 1, 2005), I registered the smogon.com domain (admittedly initially to troll him) but then gave it to him for his 17th birthday (January 2, 2005).

I never thought these forums (much less the site) would stay around this long, since I always thought it was created merely as a refuge for #neodome-ites who found themselves lost and confused after Celia revealed herself to be a man.

Happy birthday Smogon!

Last edited:
Can't believe it's been 10 years since smogon was just an idea talked about on #rs and #tafop. Miss this shit.

Reactions: DM

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm the newest so far here :[

congrats on the 10th anniversary! I've only been here 4 and a half years and I feel like time flew by too quickly.

Only took us 10 years to get official T-shirts 8)
the idea had been brought up several times before that. a design was even developed and some people own a t-shirt with them (fishy and zerowing do).

edit: also it is slightly unsettling that a bunch of old farts showed up seemingly for the sole purpose of posting in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)