SM OU Having problems against rain teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team can do nicely against other teams since its versatility though rain teams give a very hard time. Lopunny can't OHKO Ferrothorn generally and Mega Swampert rips through toxapex with EQ, which is supposed to be my physical counter.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Discharge
- Recover
- Conversion

If set up correctly, it can be a devastating sweeper, if I can force the opponent to switch when PoryZ is in play, it works out very well.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head

Basically the stallbreaker. Everything that is slower will get hit very hard, when I can pull a twave on an opponent and get to KyuB, that pokemon generally dies in one hit.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

The pokemon between me and getting sweeped by every special attacker. Used as a pivot and solo melting pokemon when necessary.

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic

The guy can endure some hits but I feel like if anyone has to be changed, Toxapex can be the one. Can't be used other than being a pivot.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Explains itself, I can use fake out to let toxic set in for one more turn or go all-on-out attacking on slower attackers/not that strong bulky pokemon.

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Magnet Rise

Generally the lead, I use it to cripple the fast sweepers down and when they switch, counter the pokemon they switch into with mine.

If there is a hard counter to Klefki, or another counter, I go with KyuB or PoryZ, or if they have a good chance leading with a pokemon that carries a ground move, I still go klefki and magnet rise. It works out well against Lando-T if they are bulky. Against Mega-Medicham I also had some problems.

Last edited:

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at RMTs in Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)